S4, Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Dec 5, 2010.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Going by this post:

We have been in week 4 roughly 48 hours, so I'm guessing the advance will be at some point Sunday evening.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea ill get to it tonight...been a rough couple of days

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ORGEON STATE 34
    WASHINGTON 22

Other than a few big plays for the Huskies, Oregon St dominated both sides of the game. Jumped out to a 21 nothing first half lead then set the cruise control.

4. fuzzyl0gic

No problem man, life happens.

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I don't like how we're splitting up the recaps now but whatev's.

Capture.JPG
    Maryland scores 31 unanswered points to rally against the lowly Demon Deacons

This game was a tale of two halfs. First half, Maryland could stop Wake from converting on 3rd downs, and couldn't convert and 3rd downs themselves and as such the offense didn't spend a whole lot of time on the field. It was 16-0 with about 1:30 to play in the first half when Maryland finally started stringing some nice plays together and capped off the long touchdown drive with a 10 yard touchdown pass by QB Devin Burns to WR Brandon Edwards bringing the score to 16-7 with just 5 seconds left in the half.

The second half was all Maryland all the time. Wake could not move the ball effectively and Maryland ran the ball at will, including a 60 yard scamper by HB Caleb Porzel down the left sideline. He finished with 178 yards on the day. Maryland came out and scored on their first drive, making the game 16-14, on a nice deep fade to Senior WR Tyrek "cheesypoof" Cheeseboro. The Terp defense stood strong and got the ball back and immediately Porzel rips off the aforementioned 60 yard run. On the very next drive, after really nice kick coverage pinned Wake Forest deep in their own territory, newly minted playmaking linebacker Lorne Green sacks Wake QB Brendan Cross, he fumbles and its picked up by DT Darius Kilgore and he waltzes in for the TD. Green finished with 2 sacks on the day.

Maryland grinds out the clock with the run game in the 4th quarter and that was all she wrote, 31-16 Maryland.

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

NC State - 10
    N. Carolina - 21

Well this should be a long season folks...my offense can't do jack shit with a freshman QB, who went 7/22 with 109 yards and an INT in the game, and was 0/823 on 3rd down passes it felt like. I was up 10-7 at the half, thanks to my HB James Washington, who will carry this team all season it looks like. But UNC came back with 2 fourth quarter TD drives that I had no answer to, and a late INT by me sealed my fate. Always bad when your RB gets more yards than your QB, and your RB didn't have a great game lol.

7. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]

Rutgers faced off against the Wildcats for the second year in a row, and it was close game until the end. It was all Scarlet Knights the first half, as they put up 17 unanswered points. Northwestern made some adjustments at the the half and found some momentum in the 3rd. They narrowed Rutger's lead to 10 points at 14-24 going into the the 4th. That lead would not change, as both teams exchanged TDs in the 4th.