S4, Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Into Week 8. One user game this week and a couple of big games. Advance will be Thursday at 10pm EST. REMEMBER THOSE SUMMARIES!!

Big Games

Arizona St (DJ) vs Oregon St (Suge)

Michigan State (me) @ #1 Ohio State

Maryland (Keller) vs #4 Va Tech

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

#1 Ohio State - 37

#13 Michigan State - 34

This game pissed me off, my defense was hot and then my offense would give it away. The run game scored twice but couldn't keep drives alive and I had to resort to passing the ball for big gains late in the 3rd into the 4th. With around 1:30 to go Boisture hit Bennie Fowler for a long TD to come within 3 points, we failed the following 2 point conversion and could not get the ball back. Twice I had to call timeout because of a bad playcall and the audible would not work. The second onside kick was identicle to the first yet didn't go far enough and resulted in a penalty. Boisture pissed me off, overthrowing several receivers and 4 INT's if I recall correctly. My Big 10 hopes are F**CKED as well as any hopes of the crystal ball.

F***************************************************************************************CK!

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Ah, I like to see my Buckeyes winning. Nice!

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Uhhhh..where did my game go? Can anyone else see or not see my game results?

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

It's not showing up as a story on the wire.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

It was there last night when I was on the wire..

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

When are we advancing?

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Is everyone done?

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Arizona 31
    Stanford 28

Arizona comes from behind to beat Stanford in a much needed win. QB Thomas Jack was benched for the 2nd half after being incredibly ineffective for the 3rd consecutive game. His inaccuracy as a passer is really starting to hurt the team, especially with starting HB Brady Vaughn out for the season. Senior QB Russ Oltorik came in with Arizona down 7-28 at the start of the 2nd half and put on a show. Particularly noticeable was his pocket presence. Where Jack would get sacked, Oltorik was able to get a throw off while being drilled and complete the pass. The Stanford D could no longer concentrate solely on the run and it opened up the offense substantially. Oltorik scored 24 unanswered points for Arizona. Even the Wildcat defense seemed to get a spark from Oltorik entering the game and made a bunch of consecutive stops in the 2nd half.

Arizona still has a glaring issue at WR. All of these 4-star recruits that have been coming in the past couple years still haven't figured out how to catch the ball, or get open. This marked the 4th consecutive double-digit drops game for the WR group. They are really going to need to step it up now that HB Brady Vaughn will miss the season.

10. gowazzucougs

Northwestern 31
    Purdue 28

After playing this game, I do not know what to make of the Wildcats. I believe they are better than last year's squad, but they do not play like it. Turnovers hurt the Wildcats early in this game, Denard Robinson fumbled the ball twice, once inside the Wildcats 30, that set up the first Boilermakers score. The second fumble stopped a Wildcat drive inside Boilermakers' territory.

The Wildcats would respond scoring a touchdown right as the half the ended, making the score a manageable 21-7 deficeit. In the second half the Wildcats started with the ball and scored on a 52 yard TD pass to Drew Moulton from Denard Robinson. The Wildcats' defense then showed up forcing a three and out. Then with all the momentum on the Wildcats' side, Denard Robinson laid a big fat egg. The Wildcats ran a screen pass, but it was intercepted by a lineman who ran it back 38 yards for a touchdown.

Now down by two scores again, the Wildcats marched the ball back down the field scoring a touchdown cutting the deficeit to seven. The Wildcats' defense then did their job, and the offense did its part going down the field scoring the tying touchdown with 3:33 left to go in the game. The Wildcats were able to get the ball back and drove the ball down the field to score the game winning field goal as time expired.

Up next is Michigan State, a match up Masler and I have been waiting for.

11. gowazzucougs

I don't think so, I need time to redo my board. 11 of my targets signed with other schools, I got my game in this morning without working on recruiting, which I am going to do this evening.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Advance is tomorrow at 10pm EST.

13. Keller

Maryland loses 20-14 in OT to Virginia Tech because the computer cheats. I may write some tomorrow when I'm not so amazingly pissed off.

Capture.JPG
    Okay now that I'm not so pissed off I can write some more after sleeping off my anger issues. I stand by the fact that I think the computer cheats like a dirty S.O.B. and I'm just forced to lose certain games and this one is no exception. But, I take my losses from the CPU as best I can. I was not completely outmatched in this one or anything - VaTech is just a B overall team, my Maryland squad is a B- overall. Anyways....

My QB has been great all year, he misses the occasional throw outside on an out route or something but for the most part he's accurate and can make the throws down the middle that he uncharacteristically missed three times in this game, all of which were picked off.

I was picked off again in OT on a ball that probably shouldn't have been thrown but do you see that safety come flying up to make that play - OMG - I need a safety that makes plays like that. That is bananas. As soon as the ball is let go he breaks and makes the play - my guy doesn't break until after the WR catches the ball - even if they're playing "robber" they don't do that. Anyway, enough with the bitch fest.

I lost - I couldn't run the ball, I couldn't get the CPU off the field a lot of times plus they went for it on 4th down 4 TIMES. I stopped them twice but still. They controlled the game for the most part but if it weren't for the turnovers I feel like I could have won the game. Time of possession was a factor, I typically can control the clock and keep the CPU offense off the field but that wasn't the case in this game. I only ran the ball 15 times and threw it 33 times - generally I like to be more balanced but the VaTech defense was swarming and blowing through my offensive line on 1st down leaving me in 2nd and long a lot of times. I guess I should've maybe thrown more short stuff on first and maybe ran some draws on 2nd and 3rd to mix things up. Maybe I'll get a shot at them again in the ACC championship.

I REALLY hope I can still improve some of my schools recruiting ratings this year and start pulling in some top recruits - I'm sick of playing with a B- team - I want a team that is A- in something yanno?

Heres the highlight reel of interceptions.

2 of those 3 were absolutely awful - the one late in the 4th would have sealed the game. There were 4 but I couldn't find the 4th one, I assure you it was just as stupid godmode cheatmode BS by the computer as the other 2. As I always say when I'm screaming pissed off at the TV "THANKS GAME!"

14. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Asu- 38
    Oregon St.- 7

details later

15. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

WHAT A WRITE UP!!:bunny:

16. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Indeed

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

This is a waste of post. From now on I am making it a rule where you CANNOT do this. Write the write up at the time of the score. It has to be 3-5 sentences...not 3-5 words...

18. Keller

Does it count if I posed the youtube video, haha? Otherwise I'm guilty too.

19. gowazzucougs

Keller, I watched your videos, I don't necessarily think the cpu pulled too much BS on you, unless it is the whole idea of your QB throwing horrible passes. Last night in an user game in the Trifecta, my Cougar QB air mailed a pass which was picked off. Neither of us knew what happened. That type of stuff happens when you have average quarterbacks.

20. Keller

It happened 3 times though AND one of them was literally to seal the game. The one there late in the 4th woulda put me in field goal range and he was wide open and it went straight to his Safety. To me thats BS - part of it is that I'm not so good at losing, sure, but I honestly just feel like the only way the computer can beat me is to just completely hose me like they did there on 3 separate occasions. Thats just me I guess.

21. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Nice call out commish ill be sure to follow that strict 3-5 sentance rule maybe some dont have time to post instantly.... Just Sayin

22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

You suck

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

And I understand that. All I am saying is why post at all if you can't do the full write up. You can post scores all you want but it just makes sense to do it all at once, didn't mean to sound like I was calling you out.

24. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

The Scarlet Knights almost pitched a shut-out in a game that just seemed too easy. Running lanes were open, the passing game was pitch and catch, and the defense didn't let much by them. It was total domination. The Scarlet Knights go into a bye next week as they try to maintain a perfect season.

25. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

NC State - 24
    Wake Forest - 21

NC State wins on last second FG

This was quite the game I had with Wake Forest, as Tyler Brosius had his best game of the year at QB, and James Washington continues to be our only real option on offense. He finished with 15 carries for 138 yards and a TD, and Brosius was 13/19 for 218 yards with 2TD and an INT.

We jumped out to an early 7-0 lead, and our defense dominated Wake for the first 3 quarters, allowing only one touchdown from the Demon Deacons, and that touchdown came off a turnover that resulted in good field position for Wake. Up 14-7 at half, we jumped up 21-7 after a 40 yard touchdown run by Washington at the start of the 4th quarter. Just when it looked like we had it under control, Wake put together two touchdown drives in only a couple of minutes thanks to an interception by Brosius. With the game tied at 21-21 with 2:00 left, we calmly ran downfield and took our time, ending up with a 36 yard field goal as time expired to give NC State the victory.