S4 - Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

S4 - Week 9

Alright guys we are advanced. No user games this week

Hard advance for Wednesday

Also in other news I was looking at my schedule and noticed that I have 3 out of the top 4 teams on my schedule. Looks like I could have a say so in who goes to the National Title game. But there are other top teams in the hunt as well that will be meeting up. The knockout rounds start next week with Ohio State/Penn State and Oklahoma State/Texas. Talk it up with your thoughts guys

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Looking forward to my match against Dru. I probably have the better overall team but he is a damn good coach.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

wth is with the sliders this week?

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State rolls Indiana

The game started slow for the Buckeyes. Late in the second quarter the Bucks only led 14-10 but they finished strong in second. Franklin led the charge with some nice passes to end the quarter. He only threw 1 TD in the game but he setup several short scores for the ground game. Berry punched in 3 of those short scores. The strong finish in the second quarter carried over after half time. Brian Brown returned the opening kickoff for a TD. On the next drive the Bucks D forced a fumble and the offense would answer with another TD. After that TD Franklin and the starters sat out the rest of the game. Hall, Goodwin and Brown would help OSU run out the clock.

On the defensive side the Bucks lost their shutout streak in the first quarter. Indiana's QB had a big day passing the ball and OSU's defenders looked lost at times. Indiana's QB finished with more than 300 yards passing in this game and he helped the Hoosiers score a couple touchdowns.

Next up for Ohio State is a showdown with Penn State and Coach Dru. This is one of the big games remaining on the Buckeyes schedule. Winning this game will be key to taking home another Big 10 championship.

Ohio State 63
    Indiana 17

5. Papa Perry

Can you elaborate a little more? only thing I did was bump the pass rushing slider to 55 for the CPU

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Lol. It seems like South Carolina is the new Florida. They have no troubles at all scoring. Big runs, big passes. But maybe my defense didn't show today. I don't know?

7. Papa Perry

Did you quit your game? EA Site shows a 0-0 Loss for you which usually means you quit...

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

I lost because the timeout wouldnt respond, no when I hit back or tried to pause it (which wouldn't respond). Total BS. And no I didn't quit. I can take a picture of the final score screen, it's sayin I lost connection to the servers though.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

It uploaded with the final score.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I've seen that too. Sometimes its almost impossible to stop the cpu. To be honest, I don't really like the new sliders.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

I've had no troubles with them lately but today they kicked my ass lol.

12. Papa Perry

Oh ok. I had a similar game against Virginia Tech a couple of weeks ago. I still believe, although I haven't got a confirmation, that there is a upset or trap game feature in NCAA this year which is good because CPU games shouldn't be sure things. I had Georgia Tech put 75 on me last season in Victory Road.

13. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Penn State survives a shootout in Kinnick stadium, beating Iowa 59-49.

Penn State was without their top QB, HB and WR for the game, as all were listed on the injury report this week with 'general soreness'. The offense didn't miss a beat however, with senior QB M. McGloin putting up 362 yards and 5 TD and sophomore RB C. Snyder running 36 times for 166 yards and 3 TD. The WR's were led by D. Smith with 5 catches for 94 yards and 2 TD.

The defense was a disaster. I don't normally like to complain about sliders, but Papa, I think you need to do something about the defensive pass coverage sliders. For about the 3rd straight game, my LB's and DB's literally stood around when the ball was in the air and never reacted to anything until a WR had caught the ball. My defense gave up 410 yards passing and 5 TD to go with the 280 yards I gave up to crappy Purdue and the 326 yards passing Wisconsin had on me. I've never seen anything like it.

Up next - A matchup with the powerhouse of the OD, defending Big 10 champ Ohio State.

14. Papa Perry

I'll tweak them a little more. I think was overall a bad experience on the sliders this season. I'll probably be using the victory road sliders after this week.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I can confirm what Dru said. I should have saved some videos of some of the dumb ass moves my DB's did in this game. They would stand there as ball went right past them or even run themselves out of position. I don't think my D knocked down a pass the entire game. I also have not had an interception in weeks and most of my interceptions came in my one user game (without these sliders).

16. Dru50

That might be a good idea. I don't think the new sliders were a bad experiment though, you don't know if you don't try.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

I agree Dru

18. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Michigan - 52
    Purdue - 27

Michigan again rolled up 500 yards of offense behind Senior sensation Denard Robinson as he went over 400 yards throwing. He did suffer his first INT of the year however.

These last two games We have had a difficult time stopping the pass, even thought purdue's numbers dont tell the whole story. On third down, it seems nigh impossible to stop them on pass plays. Ahh well, at least im not the only one!

The Wolverines improve to 6-2 and remain undefeated in Big Ten play with a huge game against the Buckeyes looming.

19. Papa Perry

Waiting on Knight, bogey, and dakota.

20. Dru50

From chatter on other forums:

Noles is leaving on vacation for the weekend at 3pm, I would assume he's playing his game before he goes.

Bogey got evacuated from his home due to floods and can't play (hope you are ok bogey).

Dakota is at work and I think he's playing his games tomorrow.

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

What happened to the hard Wednesday advance??

22. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I don't want to hold the league up, go ahead and sim me once knight is done perry. I got shit to do tomorrow and I can't promise what time I would play. Its cool.

23. Papa Perry

Alright will be advancing after I get home. I'll swap to bogey and do his recruiting so he doesn't miss out.

24. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I actually did my recruiting on Sunday night, passed up playing my game cause it was getting late, kicking myself for that one...

25. Papa Perry

k. You won your game that was simmed btw