S4 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Apr 8, 2010.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

S4 Week 9

Idaho dominates Fresno St in convincing fashion. The game was never close as Idaho had a 49-6 lead at halftime. Final score ended up being 49-20 as while Idaho was running out the clock the entire second half their hb couldnt hold onto the ball.

Key Stats

Terry 18-30 434yds 7tds 1half
    White 6rec 148yds 2tds 1half
    Mealey 5rec 191yds 3tds 1half

2. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

Good job !

3. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

UCLA destroys Washington 63-14 putting up 527 yds offense to Washington's 188.
    it was 42-0 at the half, the 2nd stringers played the second half as it was clearly in the bag.

QB Richard Brehaut threw for 336 yds and 6 TD's
    HB Jon Franklin had 18 carries for 108 yds and 2 TD's

UCLA goes to 7-0 on the season

4. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Stunning Lack of Offense

SDSU was looking for anything to keep their string going. Losing starting QB Jake Bernards at the beginning of the season was a major setback. Pulling Freshman Donny Robinson off of redshirt to man the offense was gutsy, but he palyed reasonably well.

Unfortunately the Aztecs have now lost Robinson to a 7week injury and will be forced go with their 3rd string QB. A task that proved difficult against BYU.

The game was marked by Defense. The Tecs could do nothing on offense, Henry ran with determination, but the blocking was not there. The game was scoreless at the half. The Tecs had made several interceptions but could not capitalize on the turnovers. Finally the Tec D crumbled for a series and BYU took a 7-0 lead midway through the 3rd quarter.

Special teams has been important this year and a coffin corner punt by true freshman recruit Joe Imakicker [sorry], pinned the Cougars deep. Then SDSU took BYU's Carter down in the endzone for a safety.

[youtube]WlkOjI6Uhhw[/youtube]

SDSU has dreams of getting to a bowl, and with a series of tough games behind them they look to try to win the balance of their games. Despite the decimation of their QB depth, the Tecs focused and managed to get Anthony Henry rolling. Moving down the field methodically SDSU scored a major and then went for 2pts to try and extend a 3pt lead off of the back of the safety. Third stringer C.Morrison hits Henry in the back of the end zone on a timing route. [youtube]v6KfplgKVeI[/youtube] There was room for fear as BYU then mounted a last minute comeback. SDSU was getting pressure, but moments before the sack, Carter dumps the ball to M.Teo who scrambles like a mad man for 27 yards. [youtube]hj6pE4fWvzk[/youtube] Luckily SDSU was persisitent with the pressure and DE Jefferson gets in to ragdoll Carter to the ground, ending the hopes of a comeback. [youtube]taj_z1n92T4[/youtube] The aztecs hang on to take the game 10-7. Not a stunner, but the quest for a bowl game continues.

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Lol thanks i love ur team and its passing game. I have officially become scared to run the ball here with all the fumbles

6. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

hola gents - I am home for a day to do some paperwork. Logged onto ps3 and saw that the week was freshly advanced.

I just coached my Idaho Vandals over Hawaii: 50-7 I believe. All American JR - DE Henry Poole went bananas and had 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles. Soph Justin Terry had a nice day throwing for 3 TDs and 1 INT.

Thanks for the help NDColts... It looks like the Fresno win you did got simmed into a loss last week. Not much we can do about that I guess. Thanks for the help for sure though.

I may or may not be around moving fwd over the next few weeks. You can check in like you have been to do your thing with iDAHO. I only did it today cause I was home for the first time in 3 weeks.