S4W5

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jello1717, Oct 13, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The Experience

2. jello1717

#7[​IMG]34
    #1[​IMG]10

After starting the season against #3 Alabama and #1 Texas A&M, the Illini took on another #1 team and also their 2nd (of 3) 99 rated team. While 99 Alabama absolutely demolished the Illini defense, the Illini D played exceptionally well against Michigan today. Michigan's starting QB Brown was marked as questionable for the game but given the hugeness of the game, coach NeuroticTruth subbed his starter into the game, but it wouldn't help as the Illini D rattled him all day.

Illinois started the game with a ridiculous 14 play TD drive that ate up 5+ minutes. After forcing a punt, the Illini O was not to be outdone as they followed their 1st drive up with a 15 play, 5 minute TD drive to take a 14-0 lead. With 2 minutes left Michigan mounted a decent drive which got them down to the Illinois 25, but then Brown would be intercepted by OLB Chrish Ingraham to keep the Wolverines scoreless entering the half.

Michigan added a TD in the 3rd quarter following a retarded interception by Aaron Bailey shortly after coach Jello told him "the most important thing is that we don't turn it over and let them back into the game." Not to be dissuaded the Illinois went on a "short" 9 play TD drive to regain the 2 TD lead at the start of the 4th quarter. Michigan went on the march again but the Illini D stiffened and forced a 45 yd FG for Michigan's final score of the game. Illinois got conservative and tacked on a FG to rebuild their 14 point lead and then on the ensuing kickoff the Michigan returner was drilled and coughed up the pigskin which resulted in another Illinois FG, giving them a 3 score lead. Trying to make something happen late Brown would throw a pick six to Ingraham (his 2nd pick of the day) and then ended the game later with an INT to SS Isaac Franz for the 4th Michigan turnover of the day.

GG NeuroticTruth. Once again I win the game that doesn't matter. If we meet again in the CCG, I hope we don't have a repeat of last year.

Game Balls:
    Illinois:
    QB Aaron Bailey - 155.9, 16/20 (80%), 126 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT - 8 car, 90 yds (11.2 YPC), 3 BTK
    OLB Chris Ingraham - 2 tkls, 2 INTs, 1 TD

Michigan:
    FS Dymonte Thomas - 7 tkls, 1 TFL, INT

upload_2013-10-13_12-47-18.png

3. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    GG. That first half was ridiculous. I had two drives in the first half and the ball for probably a whole 2 minutes of game time. Tbqh, I probably shouldnt have started Brown. I didnt think to look at his attributes but he didnt throw well at all (I'm assuming because he was still injured). That play in the 1st quarter where he overthrew a wide open Jones was a killer.

4. jello1717

Brown's strength is absolutely his legs. If you didn't plan on running with him Morris probably would've been better.

On that play when I saw your guy streaking about 15 yards past my CB with no safety help and no pressure on your QB, despite the fact that I brought 6 rushers against 5 blockers I was scared shitless. Seeing Brown air mail it by 10 yards definitely made me breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Those 2 drives I had in the 1st half were ridiculous (I'm not sure if this is a home field advantage thing or not). My QB air mailed his 2nd pass of the game and I thought "uh oh. This could be a long day" but he really dialed it in after that. If it was home field advantage, while I hated playing MSU on the road 2 straight years, I definitely loved getting you at home for both years.

5. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, Bailey was excellent all day, even on the ground. That keeper where he broke the tackle on the OLB (who was in spy and played it perfectly) and took it for about 40 yards was ridiculous.

As far as Brown goes, I'm trying to move towards more of a "Air Raid" offense this season. That being said, the fact that I only had the ball twice in the 1st quarter (my last possession of which was with less than 2 minutes left in the half) really threw me off my game plan.

6. jello1717

I figured this based on your stats so far this season, but I didn't buy into at first. I went with my normal "stop Michigan's run first" strategy to begin the game, but finally accepted that you were gonna throw more and went and matched personnel for the rest of the game (normally I go with 1 less personnel, so base against 3 wide, nickle v. 4 wide, etc). Having an OLB that covers better than a LOT of CBs definitely helps me out a lot when I do go with 1 less personnel and even when I'm in dollar against 4 wide. It's awesome having an OLB that can play a slot guy in man or play an intermediate zone, or even play a deep zone.

7. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Is he the guy that wears #98?

8. jello1717

He's the guy that wears 88, but I'm sure he's the one you're thinking of (he had the 2 picks against you). 98 is my MLB who played very few downs against you.

9. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, that kid is a beast.

10. jello1717

He's only a true SO but he's currently leading my team in tkls, TFLs, Sks, INTs, and TDs.

11. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I'll be glad next year when you're out of my regular season rotation, thats for sure.

12. jello1717

Ditto. I should get Hova next, but with conference realignments during years past I might get edge again from season 1.

I'm hoping its Hova since he's a rival and user rivals games are BANANAS for recruiting (although if its bugged too, I hope I'm the one with 2 home games and not him).

13. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, now that you mention it didnt we play in Illinois last season too?

And I'm telling you, being #1 OVR is a curse for me.

14. jello1717

Yeah. There's a bug where it doesn't correctly do home/away games for the rotating ones. I played at MSU twice in a row while I hosted you twice in a row.

I play @ PSU this year so they'll likely be on the road next year while my next rotating opponent will be home twice (which I REALLY hope will be Indiana).

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Northwestern: 38
    Pedophilia St: 21

Northwestern hosted the Nittany Pussy Cats in a game that Coach Lambdin really wanted to win. The hate for Coach FMode is known around the league of Coaches called The E, and Coach Lambdin was aiming for 70. He was held a little over 50% to that goal with a huge win following their tough loss to Indiana the previous weak. Northwestern opened early with a 3 and out and a punt after Matt Alviti was off. The next drive was a 3 and out for Pedophilia St. The next drive was another stalled drive due to a few drops by Northwestern WRs. But on the following drive, Eric Wilson made a huge play to intercept Christian Hackenberg and made a few guys miss on his way for the first points on the day. Pedophilia St would respond with a long drive capped off with a 48 yard TD to Eugene Lewis for 6. Northwestern would get the ball rolling but would ultimate force a turnover on a Alviti fumble. He tried to scramble but the ball popped out. Pedophilia St would throw their 3rd pick of the game on the following drive and Northwestern would capitalize with a Mike Madsen TD run with less than 1:30 on the clock.

In the second half, there was much of the same. Turnovers galore for Pedophilia St and they would not see the endzone until the 4th quarter. One INT in particular was an Ideadi INT that was later stripped on the return. Northwestern would get a stop though. The Northwestern offense would get back on it's game as they had 3 turnovers in the first half (2 picks 1 fumble) and they led their team to 24 second half points and got the win.

GG Fmode11 You said the 3-3-5 was impossible but a ran a lot of Nickle 3-3-5 and even the Nickle Sam (the normal nickle look) and you just threw pick after pick. I said in my Update videos that those would cost ya in User games and clearly it did.

16. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I never ran any 335. I ran a lot of quarter but that was it for 3 lineman formations. And it is over-powered IMO

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I meant but I ran a lot of etc.

18. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

nebraska box.jpg

nebraska game stats.jpg

Maryland wins its first conference game of the year on the road vs 20th ranked Nebraska. Maryland jumped out with two unanswered TDs to take a 14-0 lead into the second quarter. The second quarter saw an offensive explosion as both teams totaled for 31 points. Nebraska would score two straight TDs in the second to tie the game at 14. But Maryland answered with TDs which followed a Nebraska FG to take the game into the half at 28-17 Maryland. The 3rd quarter saw more of a defensive struggle but Maryland qb Perry Hills was able to connect with WR Bruce James for an 85yrd TD pass which was thought to give Maryland a comfortable 35-17 lead going into the fourth. The fourth quarter saw Maryland play almost too conservative as Nebraska was able to pull within an onside kick of tieing the game. Coach Rice had this to say about the game "We knew coming in this was a talented team and that we could not let them get a rhythm or they would be tough to stop, they got back in the game late, luckily for us, there wasnt very much time left in the game"

gg abolishthefed that really was a game of swings, kinda went back and forth, its just that my run came first... GL the rest of the way.

Maryland Game Balls:
    Offense: QB Perry Hills 15/20 323 Yds 2TDs 1int
    Defense: CB Tyson Patterson 4tkls 1int

Play of the game: TD: P. Hills pass to B. James for 85yds

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Ohio State 14
    Wisconsin 49

The Badgers racked up over 500 total yards of offense as they rolled on the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes threw 3 interceptions and the Badgers played mistake free. The Badgers hosted a number of recruits and it paid dividends, as they received 4 commitments after the game.

20. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Is Ohio State a rival in-game for you?

21. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Notre Dame 17
    Purdue 27

The Boilers hosted their in state rivals for a big game with plenty of recruits in attendance. Things started out well for the Boilers as they went on a 14 play 4+ minute drive to open the game with a TD. The Irish would respond with a TD to tie the game, but Purdue was able to add a FG as time expired in the half.

During the 2nd half, the Boilermaker defense really put the clamps down on the passing game. They held the ND QB to under 100 yards passing while sacking him 6 times. Purdue QB Austin Appleby would throw 2 TDs in the second half to put the Boilers up 24-7. The Irish would score once more gaining a good chunk of their yards on their final drive as Purdue took home theShillelagh Trophy from their rivals.

Best part of the game: NO SACKS!

QB Appleby 31/44 282 yards, 2 TDs, INT
    HB Green 18 att, 39 yards, TD, 5 rec, 8 yards
    WR Posey 10 rec, 96 yards
    WR Bailey 4 rec, 72 yards, TD

22. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

No, but I didn't want to wait for my Iowa game week 11 to have visits.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Masler

Masler Moderator

24. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Indiana 34
    Iowa 24

Another frustrating game where the CPU ran all over me. We got our running game rolling this week though with HB Chestnut rushing for 160 YDs. Sudfield had a solid game throwing 2 TDs while Butler once again found the endzone this game. We continue to try and stay afloat until Means returns.