S4W6

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Experience

Here.

2. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Nebraska 27 - 10 Mich St

The Cornhuskers traveled to East Lansing for their first ever matchup with Sparty. Both teams desperately needed a victory to secure their bowl hopes. The game started well for MSU, as a Nebraska drive into their territory ended with an INT. MSU went on a long drive deep inside Nebraska territory, but the drive only ended with 3 points. The Huskers got the ball back and quickly went 3 and out. MSU moved the ball well again, but a sack put them behind the sticks and the Huskers forced a punt. The Huskers then went on an 80 yard march to put up 7 points on a Terrell Newby 2 yard TD on 3rd and goal. MSU was forced to punt again, which Nebraska turned into another TD with 6 seconds left in the half on a pass from Armstrong to Cotton for a 14-3 halftime lead.

The Spartans received the second half kickoff, but could not generate any offense. Both teams traded punts throughout the quarter, with Nebraska eventually converting a 58 yard FG for a 17-3 lead. Disaster struck for MSU in the fourth quarter, as QB Terry threw his first of 2 INTs in the quarter. Nebraska quickly turned the takeaway into a TD for a 24-3 lead with 6 minutes to play. MSU then went into hurry up mode and scored a quick TD to cut the lead to 24-10. However, the ensuing onside kick was unsuccessful. Nebraska gained a couple first downs and kicked a 32 yard FG to put them up 3 scores, 27-10 with 2:04 to go. Terry threw an INT on MSU's next possession to basically end the game.

GG Masler

• Like Like x 1
  3. Masler

Masler Moderator

GG man

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

[​IMG]42
    [​IMG]27

Illinois traveled to Beaver Stadium which is supposed to be one of the toughest places to play (#6), but the Illini just laughed at this as they faced off with the Penn State Pretenders. Illinois scored a TD on every possession in the first 3 quarters except for their last one of the 2nd quarter which began with 12s remaining and they threw an INT on a Hail Mary attempt. The Illinois D got more than enough stops for the very easy win (mostly by forcing 5 turnovers on the day). The Illini offense was crazy efficient on early downs all day as they only had to face a ridiculously low 3 3rd down attempts despite running 53 plays.

Penn State came into the game as the #2 rushing D in the country (mostly from playing terrible CPU teams) and the Illini gave them a glimpse of what their rushing D is truly like with 228 yards and 3 TDs on the ground. This game was really about both teams' players doing what they do. For PSU it was HB Lynch rushing for 100+ and it was QB Hackenburg killing any chance his team had of winning by throwing 4 picks and completely biffing on read options and getting tackled for losses. For Illinois it was QB Bailey being efficient through the air (despite the 2 picks) as well as on the ground (8.5 YPC). It was also HB Hill gaining large chunks of rushing yards (12.4 YPC) and HB Parker punching in 2 more TDs. It was WR Jackson being the focus of the passing game with 91 yds and 2 TDs and it was OLB Ingraham once again leading the team in tackles and snaring yet another INT (he leads the nation in INTs as a damned LB!).

Given how strong home field advantage is, it's always huge to get a road win. GG Fmode11

Yet another team that thinks they can cover 4 WRs with a fucking goal line D

Chris Ingraham showing another team why you don't want to throw anywhere near him
    Game Balls:
    Illinois:
    HB#2 Travis Hill - 9 car, 112 yds (12.4 YPC), TD
    WR Fred "Rock Me Tonight" Jackson - 6 rec, 91 yds, 2 TD
    OLB Chris Ingraham - 6 tkls, INT
    FS Caleb Day - 5 tkls, INT, FF
    DE Paul James - 3 tkls, 2 TFL, 2 Sks

PSU:
    HB Akeel Lynch - 11 car, 117 yds (10.6 YPC), TD
    WR Eugene Lewis - 5 rec, 129 yds, 2 TD
    SS Neiko Robinson - 10 tkls, TFL, INT, FF

upload_2013-10-16_19-44-13.png

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Jello raped

6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Great game. It's always fun to play against someone up 2+ TD with less than a minute to play yet still run hurry up inside the redbone. Even after I PM'd you about. While you were very efficient, changing plays 14x at the LOS to cheese the defense is why. I give NeuroticTruth all the credit as he runs an uncheese hurry-up. The red flag for me was when you had to use 3 timeouts in game because you kept changing plays after my defense was set. Good luck rest of the way, but please get a job and join society. NCAA is no way to spend your life.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'm throwing right at him when we play first play.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Purdue: 27
    Northwestern: 41

Northwestern traveled to West Lafayette to play the Boilermakers. This "rivalry" has seen the road team win the past three games. And that theme continued this week as Northwestern won in convincing fashion. The game was a back and forth to start. Northwestern had a smooth drive which helped alleviate a lot of demons Coach UofC had going into the game. UofC knew early that the offensive flow would help the defense. But Purdue answered right back with a long drive of their own matching what the Wildcats had done. Northwestern would put another drive together but be held to three. Northwestern would force a punt on Purdue's next drive but the following drive, Matt Alviti under threw a slot streak route and it was easily intercepted by the Purdue defender. The Boilermakers would turn that pick into 3 of their own to tie the game. Northwestern responded with a quick drive that resulted in Jake Lloyd's second receiving TD of the day. Purdue would get a field goal with :47. But that was enough time for the Wildcat offense to drive down the field and score a crucial TD to Jake Lloyd for his 3rd score before half to put pressure on the Boilermakers.

In the second half, Purdue continued to battle with the Wildcats getting a quick score to make it a 4 point game. Northwestern would drive down the field and get a TD and then the Northwestern D found it's groove through Ifeadi Odenigbo. He made a big play intercepting Appleby as he tried to force it to Carvajal on 3rd down. Northwestern would drive down the field and get another TD and make it an 18 point game with only :17 in the third. In the fourth, Ifeadi was at it again as he intercepted Appleby again on an in route and Northwestern would get a field goal to make it a 21 point game. Purdue would drive quickly down the field and got it within a 14 point game but the Northwestern offense killed the rest of the clock with a heavy dose of Malin Jones.

GG blLL flo I was just on on Offense and it showed. Got lucky that my pressure forced two mistake or we may be still playing. GL the rest of the way.

9. jello1717

Please do. He can always use more picks.

It's pretty crazy though. In all the years I've played NCAA I've never seen a LB with his kind of cover skills.

The first guy below is OLB Ingraham. His cover skills are BETTER than my bottom 3 CBs (2 of which are JRs) and all 6 safeties on my team.

upload_2013-10-16_21-50-40.png upload_2013-10-16_21-51-42.png upload_2013-10-16_21-52-8.png upload_2013-10-16_21-52-31.png upload_2013-10-16_21-53-0.png upload_2013-10-16_21-53-19.png upload_2013-10-16_21-53-38.png upload_2013-10-16_21-54-1.png upload_2013-10-16_21-54-22.png upload_2013-10-16_21-54-38.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Wolverines Makes Easy Work of Western Michigan!

S4W6 Headlines.PNG

S4W6 Score Summary.PNG
    S4W6 Team Stats.PNG

Player of the Game: HB Jeremy Huffman - 18 CAR, 111 Yards, 1 TD, 2 Rec, 13 Yards

-- Coming off a very disappointing loss to newly sparked rival Illinois, Michigan was looking to bounce back strong. Despite some early struggles from QB Shane Morris (who started in place of Eric Brown after Coach Truth mistakenly forced him into action in week 5), Michigan was able to straighten things out in the 2nd quarter and cruise to victory. This was definitely a good time for Michigan to have a warm up game as they start the heart of their inner division B1G schedule in Week 7.

11. jello1717

I HATE the questionable stage of injuries. I've had that last for 6+ weeks before, turning a benign 3 week injury into basically a season long one.

12. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Thats how its been for Brown. He got hurt in Week 3 vs ND and has been questionable ever since. Norfleet suffered the same injury as him last week against WMU, I hope that doesnt yield the same result.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Just read this. I have continuously asked you and the league in general to STOP insults and you continue. This is your final warning. If I see something like this again, you will be removed. Am I clear?

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

• Like Like x 1