S4W9 Giants @ Packers OT

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dakota7, May 31, 2013.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sep 23, 2009
    [​IMG] 24
    [​IMG] 27 OVERTIME

The Giants and Packers entered the game tied for the 2nd best record in the NFC, so this midseason clash could have playoff implications down the road. The Packers grabbed an early lead on their second possesion, on a 10 yard pass to TE Jermichael Finley. The Giants responded with 2 more scores to take a 14-7 lead into half. The Packers got their act together in the second half, as they rattled off 10 points in the third to take a 17-14 lead. The Gmen came right back, scoring the next 10 points to give them a 7 point lead with only 2 minutes left in the game. ARod was cool as a cucumber, hitting Jordy Nelson for a BIG gain on the first play of the drive. Rodgers methodically moved the Pack inside the 5 and eventually hit Greg Jennings to tie the game up. After both teams punted in OT, Eli Manning tried to make something happen on 3rd and long but Desmond Bishop stripped him and Adam Carriker recovered. Three plays later Mason Crosby kicked the game winner. Good game Matrix Monkey Great game, great chess match. Best one I've played in awhile. Good luck the rest of the way.

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Apr 7, 2009
    Oh good, now my disappointing defeat is saved forever on the internet =].

There were so many what-if moments in that game. Being without Wilson really hurt me, shoulda switched to Scott over Ridley sooner. Cruz getting hurt when I needed him most, Randle dropping that pass, Eli going scattershot in the 2nd half, Ridley being in for Scott after the 2m warning for some reason and being too slow to get to the point of screen pass which Scott woulda ran for a TD instead of settling for a FG, Carriker somehow blasting off the line untouched before I could throw a quick pass to a wide open Cruz down the sideline. Sigh.

Great win dude.
    • Like Like x 1