S5: Bowl Week

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Wyrmreaver, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Automatik
    Abominatrix
    GMONEY 15
    qclassic 22
    Five_Fifs
    Jamie
    Wilfiger PSU 38
    -Cougars-

USER GAMES:
    Army vs LSU for the national title, with undefeated Cal getting snubbed (I'll try to make sure these three teams have a round robin in the regular season next year to avoid this again)
    Virginia vs Rutgers in a BCS Bowl game (Orange I assume)

Everyone else (except Purdue) has a CPU game.

Next advance set for Wednesday night, though if we get the games in we'll advance quicker.

Offseason will be as fast as possible for coaches carousel, hopefully less than 24 hours, then twice a day advances until preseason!

• Like Like x 1
  2. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Wilfiger PSU 38

Willie

We have a bowl game to play. Give me a good time either Monday or Tuesday night and i'll work around your availability.

3. Wyrmreaver

National Title Preview

LSU is led by Heisman winner LaMarr Russell. Russell needs just 32 yards to reach 2000 for the season. LSU will undoubtedly look to pound the rock against the soldier swarm defense. The LSU offense is good but unspectacular throwing the ball, but if they can have success running, that should go a long way towards opening up the passing game. OLB Andrew Stanford has had a stellar year with 22 sacks coming off the edge. The production of Stanford and other players combined with the lack of sacks from the defensive ends suggests that the Tigers will bring a creative blitzing scheme to bear to slow down the Army offense. If the pressure mounts, the LSU secondary could create turnovers just as they have all year long.

Army is paced by Heisman finalists at QB and WR. Anthony Payne was a five star athlete thought to be the QB of the future three years ago. Johnny Patton was a three star athlete who blew coaches away throwing the ball in camp. Both players played QB as freshman, but the less highly touted Patton established himself as the starter by year's end. Payne moved to WR in the offseason and has become the most electric WR in the nation now as a junior. Payne has great hands and speed while being dynamite after the catch. This duo needs to have a big game with bulldozing HB Hayden Tippet having been injured against Navy. Sophomore Seth Pope will step into the role as the feature back and if he can be effective enough to keep the Tigers honest it could be a long afternoon for the LSU secondary. On defense, true freshman Jason Hayden recorded 22 sacks at LE while fellow true frosh, DT David Green had 9 sacks. With such pressure up front, Army is able to drop more players in coverage to confuse opposing QBs. If the Black Knights can limit LaMarr Russell and force second or third and long, LSU could be in for a dog fight.

PREDICTIONS: Army has a lot more speed and talent than you might expect, but LSU still has more. Additionally, LSU has been more battle tested with a rugged SEC schedule and a huge early season win over top 5 Virginia. The line is LSU by 5. Prediction, LSU 24-19

Feel free to add to this or comment Automatik and I'll see you in a couple hours :)

4. Wyrmreaver

I'll also shoot him a text and tell him to reach out to you on the forums

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

Having played Army and seeing the speed for myself, I give Army the edge. No disrespect meant to Automatik though. And, after seeing some of the scores Wyrmreaver put up; I'm quite proud I only gave up 38 to you!

6. GMONEY 15

ok Thanks

7. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

Wyrmreaver

I absolutely, possitively want to change teams this year. I loved my time at NIU but I need more.

8. GMONEY 15

Las Vegas has the Tigers favored by 10 points
    The LSU insider has the Tigers favored by 14
    The Black Knight Star has it as a "PICK EM"

GMONEY15 predicts......It will be a good game. :cool:

This should be one hell of a ball game. It will come down to if Army can stop the rushing attack of LSU as well as the LSU defense able to contain the Black Knight passing game. The one good thing about this game is that you will see both teams and coaches MIXING up their running game as well as their passing game and not relying on 1 good play or 1 good pattern to get you the ADVANTAGE. Good luck to you both fellas. :D

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  9. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

I'm gonna have to find a way to slow down Payne and your insane passing game, or it's going to be a repeat from last year. Both teams bring great pressure off the edge so the team that can slow down the other's sack leader will win this one in my opinion. If I can get my run game going early on, I'll be able to stay focused on my game plan and the game should be more exciting than last year's game vs Abominatrix.

GL Wyrmreaver

10. Wilfiger PSU 38

Wilfiger PSU 38 Walk On

I can play late Monday night after 10PM PST or Tuesday after 6pm PST....let me know here or on 360 or text me at 714-580-9775

11. GMONEY 15

OK

Let's do it 6pm PST Tuesday night. Remember I can't text you from Asia. So we meet on XBOX live 6pm PST, 9pm EST. I'll send you a i'm ready message so you can send the invite. See you there.

G

12. GMONEY 15

Wilfiger PSU 38

Wyrmreaver

What happened to you Willie? Are you having connection issues again. After your other OD game you jumped into this OD for 5 minutes and then you logged off of XBOX live without leaving me a message and that was 30 minutes ago. I waited around but I am not waiting any longer. I will continue on with my day. I see your already on AP. If we can play tomorrow please let me know. However I made this slot for us to play as I already have 2 games scheduled for tomorrow. 1 game in Madden and another in a Premiere OD.

G

13. Wyrmreaver

He texted me. He was having internet issues and had no way to get online. If you guys think you can get it done tomorrow night we'll wait. Otherwise I think we'll go ahead and advance in the morning