S5: Divisional Round

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Diddy81, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

let's here it guys I know 2 or 3 of these games have been played!!!!!!!

2. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

well i got my arse handed to me last night so i'll let KnightNoles do the pleasure since this is the first time in his history he gets to do a summary vs my Titans :D

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Defense, Defense, Defense!
    The Panthers and Packers slug it out in Charlotte
    [​IMG]

Carolina came into the divisional round of the playoffs, riding a complete high of a four game winning streak. The last loss coming against the Packers in Lambeau. That was a game that QB Cam Newton exploded with 150 yards rushing, but the Panthers would lose in overtime. It also was a game that had zero defense in it. So coming into today's divisional matchup the oddmakers expected this to be another high flying affair. What they got was a completely opposite game, one in which you could really tell that defense does win championships. On the third play of the game, Aaron Rodgers would throw a dart to his WR, and the guy would race all the way to the house. A quick 7-0 lead for Green Bay. After that it took until the 4th quarter for the offenses to even get into the redzone. Up 9-7, the Panther defense let Rodgers complete another long touchdown pass, and they went down 14-9 with less than 2 mins to go. This is where the addition of Adrian Peterson really helped this team. AP was able to help the Panthers get into the redzone, and inside the 5 yard line with less than a minute to go. Then he would bust a 3 yard touchdown for a 15-14 lead with :35 left.

But Green Bay had one last shot. They easily moved to the 50 yard line, and then to the 40 yard line with :20 left. On a 2nd down Rodgers would drop back, and get hit by DE Will Smith. This would push the Packers outside of Mason Crosby's range with :11 left. On the very next play SS Dario Dickerson was able to pick off a deep pass and seal the game for the Panthers. Final 15-14. GG wayers50

• Like Like x 3
  4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Hard to Beat a Team Three Times in a Year
    Titans No Show for Home Divisional Playoff Game
    [​IMG]
    Weatherford takes nearly 30 carries to put away the Titans, 24-0

Nashville, TN-- The Texans were 0-2 against their divisional rival with a lot of unfinished business against the Titans in their two games. That was all quickly forgotten after Weatherford and the OL punished the front 7 of the Titans, for 157 yards and the defense was just stifling! Holding Tennessee to: 2 first downs, Chris Johnson to 22 yards on 12 attempts, Jake Locker 19 yards on 2 for 10 and 2 picks and recording the shutout.

The Texans knew going in if they shut the running game down between Johnson and Berry they could focus on Locker, making the Titans beat them through the air. Clock management and realizing the Titans couldn't get a first down throughout the game, Houston just kept grinding it on the ground with a Time of Possession at 27:47, eating up almost 3/4ths of the game! Somewhere around the third quarter, probably after the pick 6, Bouncer all but threw in the towel down 24-0 with 15 mins left in his season. Texans move on to face the winner of the Jets/Browns while the Titans look to the offseason.

Dozier 8/12 124 Yards INT
    Weatherford 28 Att 157 Yards TD
    Nordin 7 Att 27 Yards TD
    Edwards 2 Rec 46 Yards
    Baldwin 3 Rec 42 Yards
    Johnson 3 Rec 36 Yards
    Beason 4 Tackles
    Williams 3 Tackles Sack
    Carmichael 3 Tackles Sack
    McKenzie Tackle Sack
    Harris INT TD
    Cooper INT