S5 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Twister18, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Please post these bad boys here!

2. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Florida State: 34 UCLA: 3

This game was truly about catching breaks and momentum. The Seminoles completed some very lucky passes and an INT by LB Ricky Bell on their opening offensive series set the tone for the game for the FSU team.

The Seminoles would build a 13-0 lead on an 11 yard TD pass from Mark Smith to Dave Newell.

This momentum would lead the Sems to 21 points in the second to build 27-3 lead into halftime. The game would slow down in the second half and FSU would grind out a long drive to burn the clock out to stall any comeback the Bruins might have.

GG Coach Charter! GL the rest of the way!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. larrylance

larrylance Walk On

The canes pulled off a very big upset over the trojans this week. The canes had everything go there way in the first quarter and took a 17-0 lead scored again in second to make score 24-0 at the half. The trojans just couldnt put anything together to keep a drive going including fumbling the ball while going in for a score. It just seemed to be the canes day. The turnover battle being won by the canes was a big factor in them winning the game. Final score 24-8

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    WEEK 1- 37-20 win over OREGON
    ---Defense was huge for us to win this game and it was key early on. We forced Oregon on a few short series with one ending up on a punt and them downing us on the 2 yard line. A play later and a safety left us down 2-0 and thinking this is going to be one of those unlucky games. But the defense held strong and forced a few Oregon turnovers while the offense was clicking and got out to a 24-2 lead midway through the 2nd quarter. The Ducks really couldn't overcome the defecit as they found themselves climbing an uphill battle. Spartan QB Tyler O'Connor was stellar throwing for 368yds and 3TD's on the day in a great effort to take down one of the favorites to win the national title.

5. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

Capture.PNG
    Maryland rolls into the "Big House"
    and quiets the crowd
    s5wk2.PNG
    This week 2 match-up pitted two top ranked teams that would be an early predictor of each teams season. Although the scoring started a little slow it picked up at a fervent pace during the course of the action. Like a couple of prize fighters in the first round, the two foes circled while warming up and feeling each other out. Michigan's Gabe Adams was the outright star for the Wolverines and Wes Brown was the performer for the Terrapins.
    Adams's day was brilliant as he went 11-25 passing for 393 yards with 4 TDs and 1 pick while rushing for 123 yards on 6 carries with a long TD run of 97 yards on a read option keeper. The pick thrown by Adams proved costly as Michigan was driving and the hook route was intercepted by DE Sean Lee who was covering the flat. Adams had two primary targets on this day who proved to be up to the task. WR Kevin Mason and TE Devin Funchess combined for 314 yards and 4 TDs on a total of 5 receptions.
    The Terps QB Ryan Rogers was an efficient 11-18 for 249 yards passing with 3 TDs. The running game was lead by Wes Brown with 119 yards on 29 carries and 3 TDs and tack on 3 catches for 84 yards with a 69 yard TD on a pass out of the backfield. WR T.J. Robbins lead the receiving attack with a respectable 123 yards on 4 receptions with 2 TDs.
    The amount of offense that was generated did not bode well for the defenses. Things are not always as they appear though, the defense provided by both teams was just short of spectacular with short lapses of performance. Coach Evans said that he was pleased with the effort mainly because they got the win and in the "Big House" to boot. Michigan's QB and his ability to run the read option is very good and it would do opponents well to take note of this during film study.
    Papa Perry played a good game and should be proud of his team.

6. charter04

charter04 Walk On

[​IMG]

UCLA beats Michigan 27-14 in Pasadena

The Bruins rebound after a terrible lose to Florida St and get back on track against the Wolverines.

This game came down to a few costly turn overs by Michigan that UCLA turned into points. Derek Coe had another big game and stays in the drivers seat for the Heisman Trophy. He ended up with 118 yards rushing and a TD.

GG Papa Perry

[​IMG] UCLA
    [​IMG] Mich
    1st Downs 13 12
    3rd down conversions 1/5 5/10
    4th down conversions 0/0 0/0
    Total offense 314 223
    Passing yards 193 83
    Completions/Attempts 9/16 7/16
    Yards Per Attempt 12.1 5.2
    Rushing yards 121 140
    Rushing Attempts 23 28
    Yard Per Rush 5.3 5
    Penalties-yards 2-15 0-0
    Turnovers 0 3
    Fumbles Lost 0 1
    Interceptions Thrown 0 2
    possession 13:38 14:22

7. larrylance

larrylance Walk On

A hurricane came through college park today and man handled maryland with a very tough defense and a pounding run game to control the tempo of the game. The canes had the maryland defense on thier heels all game not knowing if a run or a pass was coming. The tide turning play was a early first quarter int that maryland couldnt come back from.The canes scored 14 in 1st qtr and 17 in 2nd qtr.In the second half the canes just put on cruise control to just play out the second half without making any big mistakes to change the flow of the game. The game was never really close with maryland scoring late in the game. This was second #2 team the canes have upset this year. Final score of game the canes 34 maryland 14

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

I think we need to test the Miami Hurricanes for "performance enhancing drugs". GG larrylance and hope you make the NC.

9. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

It seems Larrylance is the only guy taking his foot off the gas. Need I remind anyone here of the rules pertaining to running up the scores on the CPU? Come on guys.

"Additionally, running up statistics in CPU games won’t be tolerated. If you are winning by 28+ points in the 2nd half of a game, your starters should be on the bench. Starters scoring points in the 2nd half of a blowout will be benched for 1 or more future games, depending on the severity of the infraction."

66-0 against LSU and OSU has a 4th Down Attempt and scored with a 1:48 to go with starting quarterback. UCLA has a 59yd TD run in the 4th quarter with his starter when the score at the start of the 4th quarter was 41-10. According to the rules they should be benched for a game (or more). I had to replay my game when I scored 72 points.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My starting QB (Rashad Rogers) was hurt early in that game, Jeremy Rogers is my #2 QB. I am trying to avoid playing Daniel Hodges this year since I meant to redshirt him. I am pretty sure I was chewing clock when I scored that TD. I benched my starting skill position players in third quarter and would have pulled my #2 QB if I had a viable third option. Guess I could have subbed in my #5 CB Mitchell since he was an athlete with some QB throwing skills.

I can't tell you when the fourth down attempt was, guessing first half but I could be mistaken on that info. It honestly didn't register with me. It was probably a 4th and inches early in the game when I was just outside field goal range.

Edit: Looks like Mitchell was cut so he also wasn't an option. Not going to pull redshirts from Cedric Walter or Nate Stewart (ATH, WR) just for garbage QB time.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State 45
    South Carolina 10

The Buckeyes put in a strong performance against a talented SEC squad. Rashad Rogers returned as starting QB after missing most of the previous game with an injury. He completed all but one of his pass attempts and passed for two touchdowns. HB Bri'onte Dunn punched in two rushing scores and backup HB Ryan Hall had arguably the best offensive game on the team, 10 carries 78 yards 1 TD. On the defensive side OSU fared well, despite allowing 92 rushing yards to QB Jacob Hunt. Hunt was picked off twice and lost a fumble. For the game OSU had four takeaways. Nickle back Ryan Brown returned one of the interceptions for a TD.

12. larrylance

larrylance Walk On

The canes go to Eugene Oregon and lose a close one. The canes defense just couldn't get the stops needed to keep the Ducks off the scoreboard. The Ducks are a very talented team and came up with the big plays needed to win the game hopefully the canes get a chance to play them again next year in miami. Final score was Oregon 26 Miami 20

13. charter04

charter04 Walk On

[​IMG]

UCLA beats Utah 37-20

This was one of those games that could have easily ended bad for the Bruins. They were coming into this game ranked 13 and might have thought the 1-3 Utes would be a push over. Utah is a talented team though. They have a good QB and a good defense. UCLA learned real quick that just showing up wouldn't cut it.

The Bruins were down 14-0 very quickly after two very terrible int's by TJ Millweard. It would have been easy to panic and start throwing every play but, they stuck to their game plan. Run the ball and let it set up the passing game. With one of the best players in the country in your back field its a good plan. Derek Coe had a solid but not spectacular first half but, he did have a great PR for a TD.

UCLA also utilized their very strong legged kicker to get them some much needed points. The score at the half was 20-14.

Even with the lead Coach Henderson did not feel like the Bruins had it in the bag to start the second half. The Utes have been the toughest CPU opponent every year. He just kept the game plan going and continued to run the football. The defense played a great game and only gave up 6 defensive points. Would have been 7 but, Utah missed the 2pt conversion.

This was a hard fought game. It was also important to get the win. UCLA was hosting a lot of recruits and they needed to leave the Rose Bowl happy.

UCLA is now 4-1 and looks to pile on the wins and get ready for the show down against USC.

Derek Coe was the player of the game. He had 28-189 2TD. He also had a 66 yard PR for a TD.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 7

Columbus, OH - Ohio State and Michigan State met for the third time in the past two seasons, and the result was the same as the first two games. Michigan State jumped out to a 10-0 lead in the first quarter. The Spartans dominated the early portion of this game but the Buckeyes offense came to life before halftime. OSU moved the ball into the five yard line but came to a 4th and 2 from the goal line. The Buckeyes' coach elected to go for the TD on 4th and 2. WR Brendan Perry took the handoff on a reverse and punched in the score. The Buckeyes' defense forced a punt on the next drive and the offense scored on the first play of that drive. Rashad Rogers hit Perry on a deep pass for a 58-yard TD. Ohio State took a 14-13 lead into halftime.

The momentum carried into the locker room and the defense made a stop on the opening possession. The offense drove down the field but again struggled to get in the end zone near the goal line. The Buckeys finally managed to get the ball into the end zone on third down. Rogers found TE Oliver Wallace on a drag route. MSU answered back with a TD drive, cutting the lead to 21-20. This was the last TD scored by either side. The Buckeyes added a couple field goals in the fourth quarter and escaped with a 27-20 victory. Ohio State has another big test in week 8 against Stanford.

Ohio State 27
    Michigan State 20

Good game Mogriffjr

15. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Week 8

UCLA adds to the win total with a 35-14 victory over Oregon St

The Bruins improve to 6-1 and continue to gain momentum in the middle of the year.

UCLA lost starting RB Derek Coe for the game after the first drive. That still didn't seem to stop the Bruins from moving the ball and running it. RS Freshman Paul Williams stepped right in and the offense didn't miss a beat. Williams finished the game with 19 carries for 125 yards and two TD's.

UCLA
    [​IMG] Or St
    1st Downs 14 16
    3rd down conversions 3/6 2/9
    4th down conversions 0/0 0/4
    Total offense 396 275
    Passing yards 243 165
    Completions/Attempts 12/17 14/26
    Yards Per Attempt 14.3 6.3
    Rushing yards 153 110
    Rushing Attempts 27 25
    Yard Per Rush 5.7 4.4
    Penalties-yards 4-40 0-0
    Turnovers 2 0
    Fumbles Lost 0 0
    Interceptions Thrown 2 0
    possession 15:27 12:33

16. charter04

charter04 Walk On

[​IMG]

The annual game between PAC12 rivals UCLA and USC goes way back. Both school love beating the other. Historically USC has had the upper hand and really has the last 15 years. Since 2012 this rivalry has taken a little bit of a turn. The Bruins have made great strides in wins and recruiting and now both teams seem to be pretty equal from this point on.

This years game was one of the biggest ones yet as both were coming in ranked in the top 10. UCLA was not just playing for PAC12 Championship opportunity but, a chance to play for the National Championship. Last year USC won the game but, the Bruins still made it to the PAC12 championship and won against Oregon. This is the first year in a while that UCLA enters this game as the defending PAC12 champs. This can't sit well for the mighty Trojans.

Both teams have great play makers and they showed up in this game. The key to the game was the 14-0 lead the Bruins got in the first quarter thanks to big plays. Also some key USC turnovers. UCLA has built it's team on speed and it showed when Heisman candidate Derek Coe turned the corner and left everyone in his dust. Here is the video of the first quarter. The sound is terrible. UCLA went into the game with a plan to run the ball. Let the run set up the pass. Have no turnovers and play a bend but, don't break defense. They decided to play a lot of zone and not blitz very much and it worked for the most part. USC had a ton of yards but, staled in the red zone.

The quarter ended with UCLA up 14-0.

The second quarter was mostly all USC. The Trojans cut the lead to 14-10

The Trojans would get the ball to start the 3rd and this would be key for the Bruins to make a stop and get the ball back. They were able to do that and in their first drive of the second half they scored pretty quickly.

The score at the end of three was 24-13 UCLA

The forth quarter would be a battle as it always is in this match up. Both teams worked hard but, UCLA just made a few more big plays.

So the final score is UCLA 27 USC 16. This game was not easy to get a win. I was nervous all the way to the end. Hopefully Hokie Effect won't study this game film too much. LOL. Looking as his roster of all stars I doubt he'll need any help.

Player of the game: Derek Coe 20car, 105yds, 2td

Great game Cgreen214

Twister18
    bravejaf

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  17. charter04

charter04 Walk On

[​IMG]

This was a big game. If UCLA won they would be playing Ohio State in the NC game. If Oregon won they would have a chance to play in the NC game. This was as close to a playoff game as it gets in D1 college football. It was a pretty good game. Could have been a great game if both teams would have had their best game. The Bruins really struggled with turnovers. This was the difference in the game.

The first quarter was pretty uneventful. The score at the end of one was 0-0.

Both teams finally got on the board in the second. Oregon got TD's, UCLA settled for FG's. 14-6 at the half.

One again no point for either team. UCLA went into the 4th quarter feeling they already left some points on the field. The forth would be much the same. They had a chance though.14-6 Oregon after 3.

The Oregon Ducks win the PAC12 Championship 21-13. The Bruins left the game with a sick feeling in their stomach. They left the field with the sick feeling that they did not play their best game. They made to many mistakes and the Ducks took advantage of it.

The Player of the game is Oregon CB Cedric Brink who had two key Int's.

Good game Hokie Effect

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will write up a summary at some point tonight, but for now here are some video highlights from the National Championship game between OSU and FSU.