S5 HOF Game Summaries Wk 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Dec 2, 2011.

1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Utah (0-2) vs Nevada (0-1)
    Last week, the Utes lost 41-14 at USC (2-0)
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets announced their decisions:
    QB Jared Odom [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Utah

#17 Alabama (0-1) vs Arizona (2-0)
    Last week, the Crimson Tide had a bye week
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Alabama targets.

Washington (1-1) at #8 Boise State (2-0)
    Last week, the Huskies won 41-27 at Hawai'i (0-2)
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets announced their decisions:
    OLB Johnnie Conley [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Wash

#13 Florida (2-0) at Tennessee (2-0)
    Last week, the Gators won 38-28 vs. Nebraska (0-2)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Florida targets.

#15 South Carolina (0-2) vs #24 Michigan (1-1)
    Last week, the Gamecocks lost 24-21 at Georgia (2-0)
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets announced their decisions:
    T Mark Johnson [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] UGA

#16 Colorado (1-0) at Colorado State (1-1)
    Last week, the Buffaloes had a bye week
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Colorado targets.

#4 Oregon (2-0) at #11 Georgia Tech (1-1)
    Last week, the Ducks won 23-21 at Oklahoma (0-2)
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets announced their decisions:
    CB Xavier Hardin [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Oreg

#3 Auburn (2-0) vs Arkansas State (0-1)
    Last week, the Tigers won 65-14 vs. Mississippi State (1-2)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Auburn targets.

#5 Stanford (2-0) vs Oregon State (1-1)
    Last week, the Cardinal won 26-24 vs. Georgia Tech (1-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Stanford targets.

#2 USC (2-0) vs #6 Cal (1-0)
    Last week, the Trojans won 41-14 vs. Utah (0-2)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by USC targets.

#7 Georgia (2-0) at Arkansas (1-1)
    Last week, the Bulldogs won 24-21 vs. South Carolina (0-2)
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets announced their decisions:
    T Mark Johnson [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] UGA

#1 LSU (2-0) at #14 Oklahoma (0-2)
    Last week, the Tigers won 48-38 at Texas (1-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by LSU targets.

2. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 02 21.49.gif ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 02 21.41.gif
    WE CAME IN SUPER FOCUSED ON WHAT WE HAD TO DO CONSIDERING WHAT THIS OKLAHOMA TEAM DID TO OREGON. THEY WERE NO MATCH FOR THIS LSU BALL-HAWKING DEFENSE. WE KNEW WE WOULD NEED TURNOVERS TO WIN BECAUSE THIS OU TEAM CAN MOVE THE BALL.WE FORCED 4 OF THEM. OFFENSE DIDNT DISAPPOINT AS WELL. QB RANDALL IS REALLY COMING INTO HIS ZONE THROWING 12 OF 19 FOR 257 AND 2 TD'S AND IS MAKING THINGS HAPPEN WITH HIS FEET WHEN PLAYS BREAK DOWN. WE ARE BACK AT #1 WERE WE SHOULD BE AND PLAN ON ENEDING THE SEASON THERE. WE ARE READY FOR NEXT WEEK. GO LSU!!! #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. bustedukulele

bustedukulele Walk On

"
    "

4. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

5. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

#4 Oregon manhandles #11 Georgia Tech
    45-7

Despite being 2-0, Oregon Coach Hokie, was disappointed in his teams defensive effort in both games. Now 3-0, Coach Hokie can't ask for a better played game! The Duck Defense held the Yellow Jackets to 54 yards on the ground on 25 attempts, while only allowing 4 completions on 18 attempts! The Defense also forces 3 turnovers! Georgia Tech fumbled once on a sack in their 1st possesion and threw 2 ints to set up short fields for the Duck offense.

The Duck offense was able to gain 334 yards on the ground and have 3 backs close to the century mark. Robinson crossed the mark at 108 yards on 18 carries and 1 score, Mariota gained 82 yards on 11 carries, and Griffin carried the ball 9 times for 87 yards but scored 3 times on the day! Ryans also had a strong showing with 57 yards on just 4 carries and a score.

Up next for the Ducks are the #5 Stanford Cardinal who are at Oregon State this week. The Ducks must travel to Stanford and the winner gets the leg up in the PAC12 North!

6. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

Florida 34, Tenn 0

The Gators destroyed the Volunteers in their SEC conference opener. Tennessee could only muster up 174 yards of offense against a stiff Gators defense.

After the 1st QTR ended 0-0 the Gators opened up the vertical game with a 65 yd bomb to open in the beginning of the 2nd quarter. From there, they never looked back.

Gator QB Thomas Miranda was again efficient going 7/12 for 186 yards and 2 td. The running game also had a solid day with starter Jason Johnson gainin 97 yards on 20 carries.

The Gators did not come out of this unscathed though, in the 2nd half with the backups in Spencer Reed broke his vertabrae and will be out for the remainder of the season. Fortunately Jason Vaughn was and is ready to fill in the primary backup role. Considering how coach JhuJay likes to keep the ball on the ground, this injury could hurt the Gators going forward.

7. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Auburn'S BACK-UP'S win big
    In a game where the starters played the 1st QT verses a very over matched Arkansas St team we kicked 6 FG's in a effort to keep it respectable. From the start when we returned the opening KO for a TD it was ugly. Sorry Stiffy Coates is the best the only reason he did not return more was because I let the punts go over my head on purpose so the field position would not be so good. The Tigers are looking good so far this year.
    arkst.png arkst2.png

8. ptown27

ptown27 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shnoogans10

Shnoogans10 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shnoogans10

Shnoogans10 Walk On

Is anyone else having trouble getting videos and pics to the server to upload here, I have my videos on my PS3 but when trying to upload it always freezes.

11. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Constant...especially since I had to set up new ps3 and EA accounts....@bigtubb_ has some tips.

I get a msg. that I have lost my connection, sometimes it reconnects, ususally not...I have tried canceling the uploads with the game, exit the game I played, then try to upload to ea server...from the general game menu....works once an while...

12. Shnoogans10

Shnoogans10 Walk On

Hmm I'll try

13. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

Ive had it often with this version of the game. Many times it says connection lost and it doesnt upload vids or pics!
    knowing full well I didnt lose connection...

I didnt have an issue this morning however!

14. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I've had that issue a lot and have just stopped uploading videos. The pics always upload just fine for me when that's all I'm uploading.

15. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Colorado's Defense Shines Again In Rocky Mountain Showdown
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The game started off pretty poorly for Colorado offensively. They got the ball first and QB Monty Allen had a hard time avoiding the pressure and getting the ball off. CU's defense was up to the challenge though as they would step up every time the Buffs needed them to. This includes 3 interceptions returned for TDs and holding the Rams scoreless on 3 trips into Colorado's red zone. Colorado's offense eventually found itself in the 2nd quarter as the Buffs pulled away for a 42-7 halftime lead. CU built on their lead in the 2nd half though the Buffs played their 2nd team the entire 2nd half.

Player of the Game: Darrell Mullins - He intercepted CSU QB Connor Smith twice and returned both of them for TDs. He alone outscored the Rams so that gets him the Player of the Game award.

Upcoming: Colorado starts their Pac-12 season at home against USC. The Trojans are currently ranked #2 in the nation but the Buffaloes nearly pulled off the upset last year and will hope to actually accomplish it this year. If Colorado wants to shock the nation and actually make a run for the Pac 12 championship, then this will be a must win game. For USC, they've already beaten Utah and a win over Colorado solidify a lead in the Pac 12 South.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

keep retrying it....or go to the next video...sometimes i count to 15 seconds and hit the cancel button before it freezes again...then i retry untill the numbers start moving.

17. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Tide Rebound Against Arizona
    [​IMG]
    Despite a sputtering offense, Coach Fransisco's debut with Alabama was a successful one. Arizona gave Alabama everything they could handle, but in the end the Tide's stifling defense proved to be much to handle. The Tide defense held Arizona to 150 yards of total offense and was able to overcome injuries and turnovers to put their first victory of the year under their belt.​
    The game got off to a rocky start for Bama's star quarterback Ellison (13 of 21, 222 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT). After a three and out for the Wildcats on their first possession, Ellison threw his first interception of the young season inside the Arizona redzone, ending a promising drive. The interception was returned 58 yards, setting Arizona up with great field position. The Wildcats capped off their second possession (a 7 play, 43 yard drive) with a 1 yard touchdown run from Garman. Bama's next drive stalled at the Arizona 13 and the Tide had to settle for a field goal. The defense would stay strong for the rest of the half, sadly the same couldnt be said for the offense. The Tide missed a 41 yard field goal wide left on their 3rd possession and had another drive stall at the Arizona 5 which resulted in another field goal. Arizona tried to kill the clock and go into half time with a 7-6 lead, but Ellison had differnt plans. With six seconds left in the half Ellison threw up a prayer to WR Adam Kennedy (3 rec, 90 yards, 1 TD) and connected for a 60 yard touch down as time expired in the half.​
    Alabama's first drive of the second half started strong with Junior Ben Hunter (17 car, 79 yds) ripping off big run after big run. As the Tide crossed midfield though Hunter would go down grabbing his ankle. Initial reports are a sprained ankle that will keep him out up to two weeks. With Hunter down the drive stalled. The Bama defense stayed strong continuing to hold the Wildcat offense. On Bama's second drive injury struck again at the HB position. Red-Shirt Freshman Jesse Johnson (1 rec, 1 yard), who was in for the injured Hunter, left the game with what initially appeared to be concussion like symptoms. The third quarter would end deadlocked at 13-7. ​
    Early in the fourth quarter though, the Tide would add to their lead. Third string HB Carl Cutler (15 car, 67 yards, 1 TD) got rolling scoring from 2 yards out. The Tide would add another field goal with 1:03 left in the game to seal the victory. ​
    "It was a good building block for the rest of the season" stated Coach Fransisco. It definitely was a nice rebound after an early season stumble against Oregon. Fransisco promised after the game to have his team better prepared for what is sure to be an even stiffer test against Arkansas next week.​

• Like Like x 1
  18. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  19. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

59[​IMG][​IMG]27
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]