(S5) Season Preview

Discussion in 'TSL C' started by Frenchie1916, Mar 20, 2012.

?

Who will seize the brass ring?

Poll closed Mar 27, 2012.
  1. Redwings - LA Galaxy

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Go Devils - Flamengo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Drunkensoldier - Parma

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Frenchie1916 - VfB Stuttgart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yak61 - FC Kobenhavn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Geneseo - Galatasaray

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  7. County5 - Bolton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bling_CO - West Ham

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Danwin - Athletic Bilbao

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  10. LasVegasFC - VfL Wolfsburg

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

Lots of unknowns this season, boys. We have the talent of Redwings, who has been here before and clawed his way to the top, and Go Devils with his new team (with KILLER speed, I might add), eager to get back to Serie B.

Geneseo and Drunkensoldier have both been thisclose to promotion in seasons past. Will this be the season one of them makes it?

LasVegasFC is an unkown entity, but his performance in the Spring Break tourney is nothing to sneeze at.

Yak61 played remarkably well with an underrated Derby County in Season 4. The more talented West Ham should prove very capable in his hands.

Or will Frenchie finally find a scoring touch to go along with his defense and mount a charge? Will Bling_CO or Danwin put together a full season and emerge as a shocker? Will County5 find new success with his English side?

redwings8831
    Go Devils
    Friz
    DrunkenSoldier
    LasVegasFC
    Yak61
    Bling_CO
    County5
    Frenchie1916
    Geneseo98
    danwin

• Like Like x 4
  2. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Geneseo and Galatasaray was just a hair behind the top 3 last season, and I think he's got a team that can put it all together, but I really see this season being quite the race for promotion.

3. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

That is who I voted for as well, second spot will be taken by Frenchie1916

4. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

I had to vote for Galatasaray considering how close they were last season. I think redwings can regain a spot in Serie B, but it'll be tougher to do that w/ LA Galaxy instead of Hamburger SV

5. LasVegasFC

LasVegasFC Walk On

Well...

Since I haven't played anyone in Serie C in a Friendly I'm going to have to vote for myself (I really don't want to!) so maybe I can use this vote as motivation heading into the new season

lol

Good luck to everyone in S5 for that coveted promotion!

6. danwin

danwin Walk On

Someone voted for me! Wow! Thanks, but it could be hard to live up to your expectations.

7. Geneseo98

Geneseo98 Walk On

Wow... I like my chances to win too but didn't think I would take down the majority of the votes like this. Not sure I like that vibe (read: bullseye) for me going into the new season... but we'll roll with it.

Galatasaray lost a key offensive threat in Kazim Kazim in the roster update ... and many of those wins I earned to finish a close 4th last season came with some pretty dramatic late goals and such... Hoping to live up to the hype!

8. Frenchie1916

I didn't realize Kazim was gone. He scored 90 percent of your goals against me. I may actually have a chance against you this season!!

9. BESHIKTAS

They didn`t really lose him, they let him go, because he sucked recently. They got a few talented Turkish players. Elmander,Melo,Baros,Riera, Ujfalusi,Eboue, Goalkeeper Muslera ( these are the key foreign players) Selcuk,Sabri, Necati, Engin, Emre ( Turkish players) . You have a really nice squad there my friend. Kazim might have been good in the game,but sucked in real life LOL. Galatasaray made the playoffs on top of the league, they got elimanted from Turkish cup yesterday, and they are not looking very good for the playoffs in my eyes :). Hopefully my Besiktas will collect as much points as possible in the playoffs and make it to the CL. I am just giving you an update on thrm incase you are not following them . Good luck in thr game, but hopefully they will suck in the league as well as Fenerbahce LOL.

10. Geneseo98

Geneseo98 Walk On

No that's a good update. Thanks... Before using them, I had only heard of Felipe Melo, Milan Baros and Muslera - mostly because I follow Serie A and international soccer the most. Riera was quite an addition to the online version - saved my bacon a few times. So sounds like they have an "MLS style" playoffs after the regular season to determine champions and Champions League spots? That's unique in Europe.

11. BESHIKTAS

This year is the first time ever for a playoff style. Thanks to cheaters Fenerbahce. They did it, so they can save Fenerbahce ( It`s a long story). I am kind of glad tho, because we are not doing so well, but we still have a shot to be the champion, if we do well in playoffs. Don`t forget about Servet and Gokhan Zan in your bench.(both can play CB) They both are pretty good as well, I don`t know about their rankng in the game tho. Sercan Yildirim is probably is the fastest guy you have on your team.

12. Frenchie1916

Dude... Geneseo doesn't need any of YOUR help! He does just fine on his own! :rolleyes:

13. BESHIKTAS

hehe, I just like to see someone playing with Turkish team. I can not wait until I have my Besiktas back, no matter what their ranking is I am taking them back.

14. BESHIKTAS

I told you Geneseo would make the serie B :) , I didn't think it would be this fast tho :)

15. BESHIKTAS

J_Banco is also dangerous !!! My vote goes to him for a Serie B spot.

16. Frenchie1916

Geez... the guy's only been in the league for 30 seconds. Let him get fitted for a jockstrap before you anoint him!! :D

17. BESHIKTAS

You don't understand my strategy to get you in the serie B. I try to feed these guys with confidence. It's not good to be overconfident sometimes , it usually backfires :) LOL . I'm just trying to help you :)

18. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

new poll needed? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.