S6/Bowls

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Philly plays Nevada in the Title game Kasper... :( lol

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Dear EA Sports,

Let me change BS like this.

Thanks,
    Kasper

p.s. Take it easy on em Philstyle3005 ....

4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Nice, at least the game got something right.

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Had a pretty easy time with my Iowa team vs. Kentucky, won 66-10 and it was 66-10 at the end of the 3rd. Hopefully that win will boost us to a 5-star prestige for next year. And do y'all do game write-ups or just discuss it here. And had a pretty sweet run for a TD that's on the wire now.

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

We do game summaries in the weekly advance threads; discussion is always welcomed as well.

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Iowa 66
    Kentucky 10

It didn't take long for Iowa's new coaching staff to get their offense going. On the 1st play of the game, backup HB Alex Jude too the kickoff to the house, going up 7-0 and starting the rout. Iowa's offense was very efficient and seemed to stop Kentucky to a 4th and 1 or inches every time. When the dust settled, it was 38-10 at half. Iowa just dominated the 3rd quarter 28-0 and took a 66-10 lead going into the 4th. The backups didn't do too much but it was good for the coaches to see some of the younger talent for next season.

Kevin Thomas (QB)- 13-23 for 233 yards, 3 TD, INT, 8 carries for 20 yards, TD
    Zack Stevens (QB)- 3-4 for 11 yards, 5 carries for 20 yards
    Luke Ruffin (HB)- 14 carries for 126 yards, 2 TD
    Alex Jude (HB)- 6 carries for 48 yards, 2 KR TD
    Charles Hartman (WR)- 5 receptions for 112 yards, TD
    Thomas Mason (WR)- 4 receptions for 68 yards, 2 TD, 2-yard TD run

9. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Will play when I get home from the gym.

10. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

now?

11. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Lets do it

12. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I'll play my game tonight about 9 or so.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Nebraska Plays Great Overall Game to Top LSU in Outback Bowl 31-13

Wow, that just felt like a very quality game for my Huskers against the Tigers. Nebraska got some big time performances from a few key seniors, especially on offense. WR Jerrell McDonald had 6 receptions for an impressive 124 yards and 2 TDs. The senior goes out in style, with one of his best games of his Husker career. Senior QB Cory King went 16-21 for 228 yards and 3 touchdowns, burning LSU on playaction passes multiple times; largely due to frosh RB Jeremy Turner. Turner put together a solid 75 yards on 19 attempts, keeping the LSU defense honest all game. Senior receiver Brandon Smith had a good day as well, catching 4 balls for 47 yards, and also amassing 284 return yards, including a 97 yard TD.

Great game to go out on, and very excited about next year even though I lose some STUDS.

14. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Penn State Stuns Arkansas and Nittany Lion Fans Behind 300+ yard Passing Day

#25 Penn State 45
    Arkansas 31

Penn State started off horribly, down 17-0 at the end of the 1st quarter after fumbling the ball away twice and giving up a FG. The team did not give up as Crawford showed everyone what was sitting on the bench. The Penn State offense came out in the Shotgun, a move which shocked the announcers. They said that Coach BP was crazy and that this team was built for the run, not the pass. Crawford proved them wrong. Penn State's offense awoke in the 2nd quarter, Crawford accounting for most of it. He hooked up with every receiver on the field, moving it down the field at will. TE Sutherland caught the first PSU TD from 3 yards out. Following an interception in the endzone by Kiniry, the offense got it again and Crawford kept going. He distributed to everyone as they drove down the field and hooked up with Sutherland a second time for a 23 yard TD. Arkansas was able to score with 1 minute left after a busted coverage where WR Sanders pulled in a 62 yard TD. With 1 minute left, Crawford got the ball back and fans had flashbacks to last season when the Nittany Lions were able to score seconds before the half in at least 2 games. They saw the same thing - Crawford used the hurry up and fired lasers to his recievers. After being sacked with 22 seconds left, he didn't get rattled. He saw backup TE Smith streaking open down the middle of the field and hooked up with him in the back of the endzone to pull within 3, down 24-21.

The PSU offense slowed it down in the second half and played ball control. They returned to the power run game and it looked as good as their passing offense. After moving down the field behind Moore, Parham and Burns, Moore was able to dive over the pile at the 1 to score to finally take the lead. The defense held Arkansas again and the offense took over to try to increase their lead. They used a mix of the run and the pass to move down the field. On 3rd and goal from the 8, Crawford was sacked and Wiggins hit a 27 yard FG. On their next drive the Razorbacks offense came alive and was moving down the field. They were able to get into the redzone, but were stopped on 3rd down. They decided to go for it instead of kicking the FG. It was a bad idea as Massey was sacked and the ball was turned over. It didn't hurt much as Crawford made his only big mistake of the game - trying to lob it down field to Ortiz, but it was picked by the Razorback defense. The defense was angered by this and on Arkansas's first play following the interception they threw an interception of their own, which resulted in 6 points. Following the touchdown, the PSU 2nd and 3rd team went in to get some game experience. Arkansas was able to score on another broken play, but it didn't matter as Parham drove in the dagger with a touchdown with less than a minute in the game.

------

Even though the season was seen the be a disappointment, Penn State looks to the future. I am excited at the talent I should have at many key positions next year. It was really nice to gain some confidence throwing the ball as I have struggled all year. I am losing my starting QB McIntosh, but this game showed that Crawford is a much more accurate passer. Even though McIntosh was out, I was happy I got to see a glimpse of what my offense can possibly be next year.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  15. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

MIAMI HURRICANES ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL CHAMPIONS
    Miami scoring.png
    Miami wins a Ugly one against Alabama
    This would be a back and forth game where both teams would have multiple turnovers which led to easy scores for each team. Alabama RB Colby Wade would tear up Miami's defense in the 2st half but all that would change in the 2nd. Miami's defense came alive and forced 5 turnovers in the 2nd half to lead them to win Sugar Bowl. It was a great Battle between two high powered defenses and hopefully this is a sign for next year that Miami is back.
    miami stats.png

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Now taking bets; odds are 10-1 !

• Like Like x 1
  17. fuzzyl0gic

I fucking lost to the CPU, yet again. This season was terrible for me, hopefully I can improve next year. I'm probably going to lose that 6th star in prestige.

18. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Oh, reverse psychology

19. fuzzyl0gic

No, Kasper just doesn't know how betting works, lol.

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Pretty sure I just won that bet..

21. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Um I said when I wake up ;)

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm confused.. do you browse TSO in your sleep?