S6 - Injuries

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by MNoffke, Mar 4, 2012.

1. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Injuries After Week 1:

Arizona CB Jay Russell - Russell suffered a hip pointer in week 1. Russell is a speedy All-American CB. Arizona plays Ball State week 2 which may be a good thing for the Wildcats. Russell will be able to rest and be back on the field after Arizona's week 3 bye for a week 4 match-up against Army. We will keep an eye on this injury to see if Russell can shake it off or if it will linger throughout the season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Week 2 Injuries:

Arizona RB Chad Coleman. Abdominal tear out 6 weeks. Coleman has 9 carries for 52 yards. It appears this should not be a big blow for Arizona since Coleman serves in the backup role for the wildcats. However, this could affect their depth at the position. RB Bell and RB Freeman will look to take over the bulk of the RB duties.

CAL FS William Stevens. Bruised shoulder out 2 weeks. All-American Stevens being out for Cal could hurt their secondary big time. Stevens is a senior leader for this team and defensive secondary. SS George Thomas appears to be the backup for Stevens. Thomas lacks awareness at the FS position which could hurt the secondary.

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I don't even remember him being injured during the game, but noticed it afterwards. Tough loss. Hopefully he's back for Oregon State! :)

4. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

No new injuries after week 3. Cal's FS William Stevens is expected to be back out on the field week 5 at Oregon State.

5. IrishBearcat

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    while looking in my statbook tonight, i noticed Orion Buckey was hurt. but i didnt remember him being too hurt. I mean, he gets hurt every single game but comes back in
    so i figured he was just "probable" or something...

nope, broke his damn collarbone. season over. starting HB/KR/PR gone. traditionally, i never ever start a starter at KR but i didnt have any other options and i have a team of HBs. But buckley was the starter and the lead of the offense as a sophomore. Pettit leads the team with 5 TDs this year to date and is an impact player but he was the complimentary back of the duo. DeLoach is a simiar player to Buckley but a true freshman. so im not sure what my O will do anymore

7. IrishBearcat

DeLoach ftw

8. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Week 4 Injuries:

Utah RB Orion Buckley. Broken Collarbone, out for season. Its never easy when a team loses their starting runningback. Sophomore RB Buckley was the starting tailback for the Utes. He was a speed back that could get to the outside and had the potential to be a mismatch against LBs. Now with Buckely out for the year Coach Oshio will have to rely on another set of legs. The question will be does Utah go with Senior RB Petitt who is ranked 85 OVR or do they go to one of the other underclassmen.

9. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Week 5 Injures: No new injuries to report.

10. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

My starter at hb is gonna be out 11 weeks............

11. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Week 6/7 Injuries:

Utah RG Jed Stevens. Partially torn PCL. Out 10 weeks. This is a major blow to Utah's offensive line. First their RB is out for the year and it appears Stevens may miss the remainder of the season. There is a slight chance he will be back for bowl season but the coaching staff is doubtful that he will. It appears that guard George Rogers will start in place of Stevens. Rogers is a highly rated run blocker but could struggle in the passing game.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  12. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Week 8 Injuries:

No new injuries to report through week 8.