S6 Penalty Settings-Closed

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

The feedback already from our first games is that increasing these penalties from 53 to 55 has made an impact:

Holding
    Roughing the Passer
    Clipping
    Facemask

In HOF our approach to sliders is small increases, 5 or less each season...then collect data and adjust for the next season....we are not looking for the perfect sliders......we are looking for realistic results that benefit the league as a whole...not just for a couple of teams...

So when you post your comments be objective...how many penalties, for what, how was the overall game impacted.....

What is best for the league as a whole, not just your team?

BT is going to post some vids, he has that fancy DVR that show good examples you don't get via regular highlights...

By the completion of game 3 we will have enough data to make a decision for the season;

1. Leave setting as they are at 55
    2. Drop by 1 to 54
    3. Drop by 3 to original settings.

LeatherHelmets
    Fred Limbo
    HAL9100
    ptown27
    Stiffysix
    Fight'n Hokie
    bigtubb_
    bustedukulele
    wayers50
    Mike Fransisco
    pitt4life21
    Scott Burgess
    BRUCE80

2. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

i think eiher 2 or 3, i know we dont change settings in the middle of season but i think this should be an exception, this will cost some people some games and is not fair to everyone in the league.

3. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

So how many penalties do you have in your first game?......To what degree should penalties impact the game?....

4. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

I had 9 for 95 yards and it cost me a TD along with multipe 1st downs and they also kept their offense on the field with no blitz being sent.

5. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Do you recall the breakdown of penalties?

6. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

ALL were HOLDING and ROUGHING penalties...probably 50/50

Possibly 6/3

7. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

I think 5 holding in my first game. 4 roughing the passer. Those were the only two penalties called in my game. I can live with it just have to adjust.

8. Scott Burgess

Scott Burgess Walk On

2 holding calls on me; 1 holding call on cpu and a facemask on cpu.

9. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I had 6 penalties on me, 5 of which were holding. The CPU had 7 penalties on them. 4 were holding, 1 roughing the passer, 1 clipping, 1 offsides.

10. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

i had 6 roughing the passer and one holding, not sure about the cpu. i dont think penalties should have much impact on a game considering this is a video game, i dont think penalties on the game can be have the human element like real life. just what i think about the problem.

11. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I understand we want the league to be "SIM" and be as realistic as possible, so I understand having some penalties. At the same time, I dont want them to be a major factor in the game. Things like holding and clipping are for the most part out of our control. It would really be disappointing to lose because of something out of our control.

• Like Like x 1
  12. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Since I saw this before I played my game, I recorded every penalty for each team in my game:

Colorado - 2 Holding, 5 Roughing The Passer(2 INT, 1 INT for TD)
    Colorado State - 8 Holding, 1 offsides, 1 false start

Based off of this one game, I would go with #2 or #3 and it sounds like everyone has had similar experiences.

Edit: The thing about these Roughing The Passer penalties is that they're happening just because one of your players bumps into the QB after he throws. 5 is a lot but if I was actually trying to tackle the QB when I got it, then I'd be fine with it. That's not what's happening though. And considering that the CPU got none against me, I'm going to assume that this is going to happen more to people that play as a DL player like I do.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  13. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

well same thing in this game as the last one. way to many penalties! 15 all together for both teams. i was suprised that is wasnt already fixed considering the entire league thinks it is too high. i really hope something gets done about it before we get into user games. could cost somebody a season. and what HAL9100 said about the roughing the passer is dead on. just a bump and they call it.

14. bustedukulele

bustedukulele Walk On

Im not sure about the others but I distinctly remember 3 roughing the passer penalties, 1 on me, 2 on the cpu.
    3 a game seems excessive. I can see a lot of holding calls because that happens a lot but 5 or 6 a game would be too many.

15. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Stiffysix

Check your math...."The entire league"......not all teams have not posted

16. Scott Burgess

Scott Burgess Walk On

Wow I just played the least fun game of my life due to penalties. Beat TCU 24-23.

I had 9 penalties called on me for 95 yards. Most were holding with one facemask and one phantom roughing the passer. The things about the holding is that they were mostly on run plays even on HB dives and such. Not fun at all. The annoying thing is that you cannot control said holdings, facemasks, or roughing the passer. Heck, I would rather put the penalties you cannot control on 0 than this.
    BTW the cpu had 4 penalties for 41 yards.

17. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I vote option 3 and re-evaluate what we want to do at seasons end.

18. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

Sounds Familiar

19. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Given my internet issue, continuing discussion on this topic is not realistic

I have instructed Fred, who has commish rights now, to change the penalty settings back to the S5 settings...

This was the first major change in our game settings that created a challenge in terms of game play...up to now changes have been within our comfort zone...so the outcome, changing back to S5 settings, has an impact on the degree to which we are open to making changes that present challenges...

LeatherHelmets
    Fred Limbo
    HAL9100
    Stiffysix
    Fight'n Hokie
    bigtubb_
    bustedukulele
    wayers50
    Mike Fransisco
    pitt4life21
    Scott Burgess
    BRUCE80

20. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I'm definitely open to making changes that present challenges. I'm just not open to changes that present challenges that are out of our control.

21. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

A challenge that can be controlled is more like an experiment.....

Moving on, decision made...returning to S5 penalty settings

Thx for input

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.