(S6) State of the League

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Gentlemen,

Another successful season is in the books! Season 6 was one of our best seasons as far as completion percentage goes, as only 2 matches went unplayed. In addition, only 1 member dropped from our ranks, making this the best season in terms of retention as well.

Congratulations are in order to the TFS Champion Friz , who's Spartak Moscow team held off all challengers (from London no less) to top the Serie A table. Serie B was taken by heznfire and Parma in a tighly-contested race, while Serie C was dominated by GovernedSpy and Rubin Kazan.

Congratulations are also in order to our Fair Play winners, kaptainkracker1 CxMacx10 and snake3249 who did not receive a single player card all season. Well done.

But wait, there's more! In what I am calling our Member Appreciation Section, we have a number of members with 100% completion rates [min 2 completed seasons] (Silver), 6 completed seasons (Gold), and the impressive combo of the two (Platinum). Drum roll please.....

Silver: rschwep BigSmooth33 vipermansa Geneseo98 snake3249 redwings8831 hokie79 Frenchie1916 heznfire LasVegasFC

Gold: shiftee Zikry BESHIKTAS bigox1337 IJGator Roger UcanHateMeNow Go Devils OhDaesu19

Platinum: Broncos218 RedAL925

The strength of this league is dependent on its members, so thank you all for your effort, commitment, and cooperation in making this the best online FIFA league on the globe.

As always, thank you to my support team, specifically Zikry and Friz as well as Frenchie1916 , who did a phenomenal job maintaining Serie C while Friz was away.

PART II of the State of the League address is coming soon.....

• Like Like x 10
  2. RedAL925

3. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

Thank you guys for making this place a fun place. Thanks for taking time out of your personal time to make sure everything goes smoothly. I really appreciate the work you guys put in to this. I am looking forward to FIFA 2013. RedAL925 Zikry

Thanks to heznfire for the hard work he did in " Inside Serie B "
    Thanks to IJGator and myself :) to run the " Goal of the week " ( we still need to vote for the goal of the year )
    I would also like to thank Broncos218 and Frenchie1916 for their support.
    Thanks everyone that made me enjoy freindly games, looking forward to play against you all in 2013.

• Like Like x 4
  4. RedAL925

PART II

Season 6 was not all unicorns and rainbows, however. Troubling reports of non-sim game play towards the end of the season was cause for concern. A combination of lax reporting/monitoring and a slightly flawed discipline system led to problems in the lower leagues towards the end of the season. This CANNOT happen. TSO was founded on the basis of sim-style game play, where like-minded individuals could gather to avoid all the lobby cheese and win-at-all-costs mentality that is out there (especially in the FIFA-sphere).

We WILL NOT TOLERATE un-sim game play in the TFS. Season 5 and 6 were more lax in this regard as we tested out new Discipline Systems. I can assure you that Season 7 will not be as forgiving. That being said, please do not hesitate to contact your commissioner if you have any issues with another manager's game play. The system in place depends on user input, as we have no other way of tracking game play. Do not worry about "being the bad guy," because in the end, it's always the commissioners who take that roll when we say "uh-buh-bye" to the offenders.

Now, back to happy thoughts...

Season 7 will be our first season in FIFA 13. Mark your calendars: the FIFA 13 demo drops in less than a week (Sept. 11). The game comes out two weeks later on Sept. 25, and we will be looking to start our 7th TFS season sometime in early-to-mid October (probably after Columbus Day).

We have already begun preparations for Season 7, and we have many big exciting things to announce in the coming weeks, so keep it here for all your TFS news. In fact, BRAND NEW to the TFS is the @TFSerie twitter account, and the #TFSerie hashtag! Full plans for Twitter will be released closer to the Season 7 launch, but for now, give us a follow!

I am also looking for anyone with a graphics background to help me with some league-related graphic requests. If that's you, send me a PM or reply to this thread.

For now, that's all the information we can release at this time. If you'd like to help us out with some of our new initiatives, please reply to this thread and we'll find you something to work on.

Again, thank you all for your participation in the league. We look forward to another successful year under FIFA 13!

• Like Like x 6
  5. RedAL925

One more PSA: The TSO Store is fully functional, and parts of each purchase go back to support the site. So if you haven't already pre-ordered your copy of FIFA 13, head to the store and check it out!

6. RedAL925

1. If you have any ideas about anything for FIFA 13, post 'em here. Don't hold back either, while we may not use them right away, it's always good to have something in our back pockets just in case.

2. We are looking for volunteers to help us out in 2 of our new initiatives for FIFA 13. If you have the time (both require a fair amount, not huge) and are interested in helping out, please let us know.

3. I am still looking for people with knowledge of photoshop and other similar graphic systems to help me out with some league-related graphics requests I have, so please contact me if you can help out.

4. Don't forget to follow @TFSerie on twitter for announcements, news, game updates, and more. Full plans for twitter integration will be released towards the start of Season 7.

7. RedAL925

ANNOUNCEMENT #1: EXPANSION

The TFS is expanding in Season 7! We will be moving to a 12-12-10 league setup for our first season in FIFA 13. Promotion/relegation systems that we have for Serie A/B will now apply to Serie B/C, so the top team in Serie C earns automatic promotion, teams 2C and 3C play a playoff game for the second promotion spot, and the loser will play 10B for an additional spot.

What this means for Season 6 pro/rel is as follows:

heznfire and snake3249 are promoted to Serie A (unchanged)

hokie79 and IJGator are relegated to Serie B (unchanged)

UcanHateMeNow will remain in Serie B

GovernedSpy and krtgolfing are promoted to Serie B (unchanged), and will be joined by Frenchie1916, who takes Nickaepi spot

houtz thebouncer24 and Captain Clutch will being their first TFS seasons in Serie C

• Like Like x 2
  8. RedAL925

An additional note, this movement is subject to change depending on the remaining members who have yet to state their FIFA 13 intentions

9. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS will be moving up to Serie A one of these days :) LOL

• Like Like x 1
  10. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

not if I have anything to do with it! :)

11. RedAL925

ANNOUNCEMENT #2: TOURNAMENTS

The TFS will be expanding its Tournament slate with the addition of a Europa-League yet-to-be-named Tournament. In essence, after the Coppa Group Stage is complete, the 3rd and 4th place teams will be entered into this new tournament. Broncos218 will fill in the details soon...

• Like Like x 4
  12. BESHIKTAS

This was one of my ideas along with super cup before 2012 FIFA. My idea was the 2nd,3rd and 4th place teams of A-B and C at the end of each season. This is a good idea though, so those of who can not make the finals would have something to play for. I am just worried that some managers may not take this tourney as serious as the main one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

hear hear boys, great ideas!

14. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

I couldn't find where it was posted or who's idea it was now, but it must've been your post a while back that i got the idea from, so thanks! it's been in the back of my mind for a while

• Like Like x 1
  15. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

So elaborating a bit on RedAL's announcement earlier, the Cup will be divided into three "phases": Coppa Tradizione Qualification, Coppa Tradizione, and the all-new COPPA CONFEDERAZIONE!!!

COPPA TRADIZIONE QUALIFICATION
    This is essentially what is now known as the current Coppa Tradizione group stage. All Serie teams will be divided into groups and will play each other once. However, with Serie expansion, we no longer have the perfect 32 for a group & knockout style of tournament. But no worries! All teams will still have a shot at winning the Coppa Tradizione. We will follow a format similar to UEFA World Cup Qualifying, where a few groups (in this case, 2 groups, since we will have 34 total teams) will contain one additional team from the lowest pot. Once the qualification round has been played out and all matches have been completed, teams will then either advance to the Coppa Tradizione or the Coppa Confederazione.

COPPA TRADIZIONE
    The "Tradition Cup" will be the knockout stage consisting of 16 teams. This is essentially the current Coppa Tradizione knockout stage format, where the top two teams from each group will advance to the Coppa Tradizione.

COPPA CONFEDERAZIONE
    The "Confederation Cup" will be the knockout stage consisting of all teams (for Season 7, 18 teams) that fail to qualify for the Coppa Tradizione. The knockout format will be similar to the current Coppa Tradizione bracket. However, with 18 teams, the two 5th-placed teams from qualification and two 4th-placed teams will square off first in a preliminary round, leading into a more familiar 16-team knockout bracket. The winner of this Cup will earn a spot in the end of the season's Supercoppa.

Full details regarding the tournaments will be added into the Cups Rules thread and laid out as we get near the groups draw date for Season 7, but this will be the main idea behind the new cup format.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.