S6/W14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

FYI - user games from now on get 72 hours max..

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Bad idea, IMO. I'm sorry OC, I have been spending too much time in other leagues, and I've let you guys down. I will step up my efforts here. Let's keep it at 48 hours for user games, with exceptions as needed. You can always pass the commish rights to me so I can advance if you're going out on a weekend night. No more dragging the advances out, I know it's been partly my fault.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I agree, it should be 48 hours but I feel there would be a number of times it may take that third day for user games.

But, if everyone is fine with making it a 48 hour limit on user games I'd like that. I was simply stating that 5 days for a user game that still didn't get played is never happening again-- regardless if it is 48 or 72 hours.

This is another issue I have noticed, people getting caught up in their other leagues and it seems like OC is taking a back seat. If you want to back it up and lower your count and OC has to go because of that- so be it. I'd rather have 7 active guys then 12 so-so "here's a game summary and recruiting, see you next week" type group.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Yes, it was ridiculous. To be fair, I did tell ghost to play the CPU or you to sim it well before it got drug out so long. Ghost didn't want to play the CPU (nice guy), so I thought you would sim it sooner. No worries though.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Understood.

Everyone please chime in on some of the above please^^

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

48 hours is long enough for both user and cpu games to get done. Id only give 72 hours for special circumstances like you did for bp v jqwon

8. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Yeah 48 is good unless there's a special circumstance.

9. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Wisconsin cruises to another win 61-17 over NW setting up epic matchup with Michigan for the B10 championship

Everything about this game was near perfection for Wisconsin until the reserves came in in the 4th and couldnt make plays which allowed 14 points. Mayo went 13/18 with 273 yards and 3 scores, Davis went for 119 yards on 24 carries and Bryant ran for 35 on 4 attempts. But the defense was completely dominant. one of the best games Ive ever seen these starters play. Not only was there 3 interceptions, 3 fumbles recovered, 2 defensive scores and a punt return TD, but the DLine combine for 11 sacks! 5 of which by the dominant senior Steven Fisher, 3 by the hot sophomore Paris Vickers, while Carlton racked up 2 and the freshman Stewart added another. Bednarik winner Chuck McDonald had himself a game with 11 total tackles, a FF, a FRm 2 deflections, and a pick 6. Thorpe frontrunner Scott Brown hauled in an INT in the endzone and also took the punt return back to the house. Skyler Glover was the other INT, also in the endzone. The talent gap on the field today seemed enormous. Wisconsin used it to their advantage and played conservative on O while dominating D.

For the first time in over 100 years, the Badgers finish the regular season undefeated and will face #1/2 Michigan for a battle for the B10 and probably a trip to the National Title game on the line only for the winner.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

we have about 6 members on and no discussion on the stuff i said. Not just the 48 thing either, but about users spreading out and OC feeling like its taking a back seat.

:(

11. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

OC is my main one! Conference Championships only come around once a year. lol I do read LV to try and get ideas for material. Im thinking right now about doing a "race for the bcs" since four of us our in the top 5. Whatcha think?

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Haha never got ask me man, if you feel like doing something go for it!

13. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 24
    Ohio St. 17

Michigan kind of just went through the motions today with their top QB, Anthony Garcia out for at least another week, and possibly the Conference Championship. Joe Larsen still kept his Redshirt and they went with Sophomore John Weber to lead them. Weber did a decent job, but still missed way too many throws. Gene Alexander didn't have a good day on the ground, only rushing for 31 yards, showing that they still are missing Jamie Thomas who should be back for the conference championship. Luckily they signed 2 5 star backs this off season that will give them a lot of depth at the running back position. Ohio St. tried to come back from a 24-10 game, and scored a touchdown with 40 seconds left, but couldn't secure the onside kick, and with only 1 timeout remaining, it gave the Wolverines time to kneel the clock out and leave with a win.

14. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Kasper will you be available to play sometime tomorrow? I probably won't be able to play this evening.

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah sometime tomorrow afternoon would be best.

16. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Wanna try for 2-3PM central?

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

sounds good.

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

I should have my game in tonight. Mom came over for a visit and is just now about to leave.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm available now.

20. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Miami- 48
    BC- 21
    Miami plays first game with new OC and cruises to a win against BC. C.Oliver showed he can pass going 14/20 for 218 yards and 1 TD. L wright had a average scoring 4 times and ran for 144 yards on 23 attempts. We ended the season on a good not and are just crossing our fingers the the Tarheels lose a Acc game to help us get into the Acc championship miami-bc.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  21. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Kasper sorry i missed you. I'm heading to lunch with my parents. I should be ready to go at 3 central.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Sounds good.. tag me on here when you are getting on if you can.

23. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Kasper I'm on.

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Nebraska Grinds Out Tough Win at Home 27-13 Over Penn State

Nebraska got a big game from freshman Jeremy Turner and the defense to guide them to a big win over conference rival Penn State. Coming off two straight losses vs big time B1G opponnents, many Nebraska fans were beginning to wonder if Coach Kasper can get it done in big games. Although both these teams had 4 losses going into this one, they were still two very talented teams.

Beginning with the defense, the Blackshirts held Penn State to just 189 total yards, and also forced an interception. The Nittany Lions gathered 98 yards on the ground and 91 through the air, probably the best performance for this defense of the year. PSU was also held to 3-10 on third downs. Penn State QB Crawford was forced into duty after starter McIntosh got injured on the first play of the game on an 18 yard scramble. Crawford went 6-17 for 91 yards and a interception, while also being sacked 4 times. The Lions all time leading rusher, Moore, had a solid day going for 92 yards on 17 attempts and scoring a TD as well. Hats off to the Husker defense today.

Offensively, as mentioned, Jeremy Turner had a huge game for Big Red. The Freshman totaled 136 yards on 21 carries and two scores. Senior receiver Brandon Smith had 124 yards on 5 catches, including a 55 yard catch and run. 6 different Huskers caught a ball today as well, a credit to senior Cory King spreading the ball around the offense. King went 15-25 for 218 yards, while also tossing a TD and 2 picks.

Overall, a great way to close out the season.

GG BPHusker

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to recruit week 15, say so in this thread. If no one posts I won't leave it at week 15 and we will go straight to bowl season.

25. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

We are advancing tomorrow, right Kasper? Im not back from out of town yet, but my game will get played tonight