S6 W2 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BobJr, Mar 16, 2012.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Post em here boys!

2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Perfection
    Newton scores not 1, not 2, not 3, but 6 total TDs in the 49-28 rout
    [​IMG]
    Cam Newton came into today's game on fire. Without his starting running back the Carolina Panthers would need every bit of the performance he put on this afternoon. Newton not only had a perfect 158.3 QB rating, but he threw for 5 TDs on the day. Along with his passing Newton portrayed why he is such a viable part of the Carolina offense. Along with new HB Frank Gore, Newton would rush for well over 100 yards. This was aided by a breakaway 74 yard rush in the 2nd half. The Carolina defense is still a little shotty, especially on 3rd downs. But we will get to see the true test of Carolina next week versus the Cowboys. Bring yo mutha f***in popcorn.
    QB Cam Newton - 158.3 14/17 231 yards 5 TDs 0 Ints 6 rushes 147 yards 1 TD
    HB Frank Gore - 15 rushes 124 yards
    WR Ramses Barden 5 catches 47 yards 2 TDs
    SS Dario Dickerson - 1 Int 1 FR

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Boy, oh boy. We sure do need to get rid of CPU games next year. Those stats are disgusting.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

They were tied at 21 a piece til the middle of the 3rd

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Giants Win Thriller in Dirty South
    The Giants and Falcons Traded the Lead 3 Times in Final 3 Minutes in Wild Finish​
    28 - 24
    [​IMG]
    Atlanta, GA - The Giants continued their 4-game road opening tour with a thrilling victory against the Atlanta Falcons. After coming off an impressive win over division rival Philadelphia, the GMen were riding high under QB Shane Boals.​
    Last week, the Falcons gave Carolina fits, but were unable to come away with the win and were looking to not get behind early to keep up with the red hot Panthers. Unfortunately for Atlanta, they would fall short yet again.​
    The two teams battled out defensively in the first half. Atlanta took the early lead as QB Kennedy found "Who Dat" Julio for a 26 yard score to start the festivities off in the first. New York responded late with a 29 yard strike from Boals to Dimitri Richard just before the end of the quarter, knotting things up at 7 a piece. In the 2nd, Kennedy showed off his other talent, running the football as he scrambled in for a 6 yard score, taking the lead back from the Giants. Again, late in the quarter, Boals saw a mismatch in the Atlanta defense with WR Bryan Anthony, and found the beast for a 72 yard bomb to lock the game at 14 going into the half.​
    A scoreless 3rd quarter would be followed by one of the most intense final quarter of play in HK. After a Neil Rackers FG to give Atlanta a 17-14 lead, New York found rhythm in their defense to hold on against the fast-strike Falcons. A Prince Amukamara interception in the endzone kept New York from falling to a 2 possession deficit late in the game. Instead, the Giants marched the field and Boals found Anthony yet again on a 41 yard screen play to give the Giants a 21-17 lead with 2:40 remaining. With the home crowd on their side, Atlanta did not back down. Kennedy marched down the field and tore up the clock, finally capping the drive off with a 2 yard pass to "Holy $%#@" Julio, giving Atlanta the 24-21 lead with only 28 seconds remaining.​
    All hope seemed dashed for the Giamts, but on the ensuing kickoff, all things were given an opportunity. The Falcons decided to squib the ball, but kicked it directly at 2nd row man TE Andrew Quarless, who was able to catch the direct kick and carry it a few more yards, giving the Giants good field position with only 26 seconds to work with. New York was looking to get into field goal range with their 3 timeouts still in their pocket, but as they lined up for a quick dump pass, the Atlanta defense pressed hard and Shane Boals saw his opportunity. Boals called for his top WR Bryan Anthony to go on a hot route, sending him down the field to beat the secondary with his speed. He did just that. Boals, with a defender in his face, threw up a beautiful pass that dropped perfectly into the outstretched hand of Anthony, who then cruised into the endzone, giving the Giants a 28-24 lead with little time on the clock and sending New York to 2-0 on the season.​
    Game Stats
    QB Shane Boals: 114.6 QB Rating - 8 for 12 (67%) with 252 YDs 4 TDs 1 INT​
    HB Corey Mays: 14 ATTs 90 YDs​
    WR Bryan Anthony: 3 RECs 175 YDs 3 TDs​
    WR Dimitri Richard: 3 RECs 59 YDs 1 TD​
    LB Jameel McClain: 3 TKLs 1 SACK​
    CB Prince Amukamara: 2 TKLs 1 INT​
    Rookie Performances
    TE AJ Schwenke: 2 RECs 18 YDs​
    CB Jimmy Price: 4 TKLs 1 Pass Def​
    MLB Quinton Pair: 2 TKLs​

• Like Like x 1
  6. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I didn't mean anything by it, Bob is a great player and obviously didn't break any rules lol

I just see the numbers people up vs CPU and wish CPU was harder. I would be willing to bet 90% of the user vs cpu games come up with users winning. In others games cpu is much harder. I really hope we go to full 32 next season.

7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Cam says thank you

8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Actually my CPU games have been a bitch. We aren't gonna add 32 next release just for the sake of avoiding CPU. We want quality, quantity just ends up grouping us with other madden leagues. HK is going to end up follow the same mold that Emmdotfrisk set in TCBL. There will be an interview process.

We set the bar high this season. It's going to be set higher for M13.

9. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    CPU are automatic wins though and stat padding type games. Maybe the devs will fix it and make it challenging.

10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I disagree. Usually the CPU games are the ones that are closer for me. I use more of my players too.

Can we eliminate guys from Cheesing vs CPU?! No we can't. But I'm not adding every Tom Dick and Harry to HK to avoid CPU games.

11. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    CPU games are sometimes closer, but we all win them 90% of the time or more.

12. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Well like I said quality over quantity. Hard to keep a full 32 when some guys are seasonal or get bad attitudes when they get constructive criticism. Anyone that plays on TSO should know how to play against the CPU.

If you would like to discuss this further then send a PM or IM. But matters regarding league leadership, direction HK is going, or gameplay issues will not be displayed in a public matter.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

14. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Packers move to 2-0, Beat Chiefs 38-10
    arizonawildcat.jpg
    Jermichael Finley catches 2 TD passes.​
    arizonawildcat.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Patriots Explode For 2nd Straight Game
    Destroy The Jags 38-7
    [​IMG]
    It was more of the same this week. It wasn't a pretty start though. The Jaguars got the ball first as they took on the Patriots in the rain. They couldn't get anything going and punted the ball to the Patriots. Punt Returner Bryan McCann though fumbled the return and it was recovered by Jacksonville. A few plays later, Peyton Hillis would break through for a 31 yard TD run and a 7-0 lead. Then Jaxon Boone would come out for New England's first possession and he would struggle as has been the case for him in rain games. So the Patriots would punt it back to the Jags quickly and the 2 teams would trade a couple quick possessions.​
    After 2 failed series from Jaxon Boone, the Patriots brought in Ben Brennan who provided a quick spark on offense. On his very first play, he would connect with WR Antwan Barksdale for a 40 yard TD caught right at the goal line. On New England's next possession, the Patriots went with more of a medium passing game and heavy dose of Harrison Anthony and Brennan was able to lead them down the field for another TD, again to Barksdale. Then once more on their next possession, Brennan would connect with a wide open Barksdale in stride for an 80 yard TD pass. At the half, Brennan was 5/7 with roughly 175 yards and 3 TDs.​
    The Patriots were just looking to cruise in the 2nd half and let Harrison Anthony do most of the work as he raced away for another 200 yard performance. New England would tack on 17 more points and go on to win 38-7.​

16. cp0990

cp0990 Walk On

17. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

18. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

BALL SO HARD UNIVERSITY
    [​IMG]
    Fitzgerald snags 2 TD's leads
    Cardinals to a 24-21 win.
    Larry Fitzgerald goes for over 100 yads and 2 TD
    Ryan Williams rushes for over 100
    Cards turn it over 3 times in the redzone
    Shaq Marshall over 300 yards passing and 2 TD's
    gg reb!

19. cp0990

cp0990 Walk On

Ravens Cruise by rival steelers​
    [​IMG]
    Ravens win 42-10
    Flacco plays great 11/18 212 3 tds
    Dain Noel has 2 Tds with 79 yds rushing
    Jimmy Smith has 89 yd pick six and another pick to wrap up a 5 tackle 2 pick day
    DE Roberts had 2 sacks
    Steelers qb Arrington had 230 yds with 1 TD but 3 picks
    Ravens D holds steelers to only 44 yds rushing

Ravens also got Rookie Teddy Chatman so GT and Ravens are in love wih his uber fast release

20. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

21. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

[​IMG]
    Saints come into Philly, handing the Eagles with their second loss at home, 38-35.
    The Eagles had to forget about last weeks game to get ready for the Saints team, and they showed they forgot but it wasnt enough. The Saints defense held the Eagles to 20 yards rushing and got key stops in the game to force the Eagles to punt. The Eagles wouldnt go down easy however, after the Saints went up 38-28, the Eagles quickly scored to get the game down to 3, but could not recover the onside kick. The Eagles defense could not get the stops they needed as the Saints let the clock run out.
    For the Saints, Sterlin Freeman had a big day with 15 carries for 67 yards and 3 TDs. Colt McCoy went for 475 yards on 31 out of 47 attempts, throwing 2TDs and 3 INTs. WR James Casey had 9 receptions for 186 yards and 2 TDs. ​
    For the Eagles, Matt Ryan came out ready to play completing 16 out of 27 attempts for 368 yards, 4 TDs to only 1 INT. WR Khiry Bennet lead the way with 4 receptions for 120 yards and a touchdown, with WR Jatushan Kiglore getting 3 receptions for 97 yards and a touchdown as well. ​
    Saints had 24 first downs compared to the Eagles 12, and nearly had the ball for 2/3 of the game, 30 minutes to just 10 for the Eagles. It is still clear that the Eagles defense is not NFC East worthy.​
    GG to DerekC
    Question for everyone else, I see people posting game stats from XFN, I tried but cant get it to post properly. If someone could PM how to do it, Id really appreciate it.​

22. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    You guys played?

Last I heard it was getting simmed.

23. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Much to the dislike of my fiancé. I fOund time to play today

24. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Dude...GTFOH go enjoy your bachelor party..

• Like Like x 1
  25. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Bahaahah. I'm on it