S6: Week 1 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by KnightNoles, Mar 15, 2012.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

you know the drill

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Giants Stuff Philthy Birds
    The Philly Eagles were no match for Big Blue in 49-14 trumping.​
    The New York Giants began their campaign in the 6th season of Hard Knocks by setting the tone for how they want to play ball the rest of the year. QB Shane Boals, with a target on his back and rumor that he may be replaced swirling around the locker room, came out and showed why he wants to be the general of this Big Apple offense. Boals threw for 300 yards and 4 TDs on the day, with no interceptions. The running game for the GMen continues to excel, as HB Corey Mays and Mack "Daddy" Johnson wore out the Eagles defense, combining for 168 yards and 3 TDs. Rookie TE AJ "Showin' My" Schwenke proved to be a great pick up for the Giants at the end of the first round, as he hauled in 3 passes for 47 yards and a touchdown in his first outing as a Giant. TE Dyer and WRs Bryan Anthony and Dimitri Richard each had beautiful TD receptions, as each fell into their hands from the heavens; known as a touch pass by Boals.​
    The New York Giants defense proved once again why they are one of the best in the league, holding the Eagles rushing game to only 36 yards on the ground. They also welcomed QB Matt Ryan to the NFC East by forcing 6 total interceptions. LB Aaron Curry and S Kenny Phillips each had 2, while the dynamic CB duo of Prince Amukamara and rookie sensation Jimmy Price each added their own. Unfortunately for New York, they lost LBs Mario Williams (3 Week) and David Hawthorne (11 Weeks) to injury, but have plenty of talent to fill the holes and continue to dominance on defense.​

3. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    BILLS DEFENSE SHUTS OFF STEELERS
    BUFFALO 30 PITTSBURGH 9
    [​IMG]
    • Steelers ran the ball 18 times for 19 yards​
    • Rookie RB Darly Conley went over 100 yards in his first career game
    • Unknown HB Dian Jordan goes for 80 yards and 2 scores in 2 carries​
    Nice win for the Bills under their new GM and Head Coach. Lots to learn about this team until I am comfortable, but a win is a win.

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    BELIEVE THE HYPE
    Williams leads Cards back from a 17 point deficit
    150 yards 3 TDs
    Larry Fitzgerald 103 yards 1 TD
    Patrick Peterson and Richard Marshall with big interceptions
    Reggie Cooper sack and FF
    Jarrett Jean-Louis sack
    CARDS WIN 31-24
    good game county

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Barden Me?
    Cam to Ramses leads the way as the Panthers hold on, 28-21

[​IMG]

A little known EX NYG WR was the star today as he has quickly become Cam Newton's favorite target. While he is not shifty, not fast, and not agile, WR Ramses Barden is a big, strong target. At 6'6" Barden was able to catch 9 passes today versus the Falcons, and he would also score twice. Newton would also have a fantastic day, throwing for over 300 yards and 4 scores. Two downfalls to the game, the Panthers lost HB Adrian Peterson for about a month of the season due to a dislocated kneecap. Also the defense was shredded by Atlanta QB Ceejay Kennedy. Kennedy has look liked he has matured and he is ready to lead the Falcons.

- QB Cam Newton 27/33 337 yards 4 TDs 0 Ints

- WR Ramses Barden 9 catches 148 yards 2 TDs

- MLB Johnny Synder 5 solo tackles, 1 PBU

Next up for the Panthers is the always tough Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Emotional Ingram after OT Victory
    [​IMG]
    Ingram was very emotional this week after having a decent game and helping the Colts start off the season 1-0. " Until i came to Indianapolis i felt none of my former teams or coaches respected what i could do on the field. The Colts have showed me that they truly believe in my ability and have no problem feeding me the ball. I really appreciate this organization and plan to play here as long as i can."
    2nd rd pick WR Durham caught 4 recs for 111yds and 1td." I feel fortunate to get a chance to start my rookie year in Indianapolis." When asked if the 73yd td rec was planned to be thrown to him." I caught the ball and it was at me. That is all i will say"
    The game itself was full of runs. Colts started off with 14 points of their own one on a Demarco Murray 12yd run and the 73yd pass to Durham. Baltimore would go on a 21-0 run to end the half and give them a 21-14 lead. Ingram would tie it in the 3rd on a 38yd td run. Baltimore would kick a fg to take lead with 2:16 left. Colts would march right down the field and from the 1yd kline would try to run it in with 6 seconds left and get stuffed. So colts would call TO and kick the tying fg to take it into OT.
    In Ot Baltimore would get the ball and drive the ball down the field and punt it away. Colts would drive down and end up hitting a 50yd fg to win the game
    Anderson 20/26 338yds 1td 1int
    Ingram 26-145-1
    Durham 4-111-1
    Colts 27
    Ravens 24
    gg cp

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  7. KnightNoles

Texans outlast Titans, 30-24 OT win
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Nashville, TN-- Houston continued their wave of momentum of the 2016 playoffs to midway through the 2nd quarter. Texans marched down field on their first possession mostly on the ground. Ben Tate, missing the last 11 weeks of 2016 and the playoffs, took it from 17 yards out for the first score. On the ensuing kickoff, Will Hill forced a fumble giving the ball back to the Texans which ended in a 14-0 lead. Tennessee got it going on the next drive, getting Kenny Britt involved into the offense. Locker found Jones for a 22 yard TD pass cutting the lead in half.

Throughout most of the second quarter, Houston couldn't find any offense as the Titan secondary played on lockdown. Teams traded FGs and then Locker found Jones again on a 38 yard TD pass to tie the game at 17s with 0:03 left in the half. Third quarter was played at a stalemate, each team couldn't muster anything. Texans finally broke through late in the fourth with a drive, Coach Knight thought they took off enough time but Weatherford punched it into the endzone with 3:20 left on a 20 yard run. Locker, Britt and Co. were able to march the ball down field and tied the game with 0:17 left, giving the Texans a few more plays to try and get into FG range to win it.

Texans had 3 passes, all falling incomplete but the second one might have won the game but Braylon, known for his drops played a crucial role in the play. Dropping the pass around the 45 yard line with about 5 seconds left, maybe he makes the catch gets a few yards and they call a TO to line up the FG. That didn't happen and went into OT. Texans lost the toss, Locker made a bad read and Kasdorf made his second pick. The next play Dozier found Andre on a corner route, pass, catch, ball game.

good game thebouncer24 heck of a way to start the year!

============================================​

1st Quarter
    (HOU) B.Tate, 17 Yd run(B.Mitchell kick), 6:41
    (HOU) C.Weatherford, 5 Yd run(B.Mitchell kick), 5:53
    (TEN) D.Jones 22 Yd pass from J.Locker(K.Forbath kick), 3:12
    2nd Quarter
    (HOU) B.Mitchell, 26 Yd FG, 5:20
    (TEN) K.Forbath, 27 Yd FG, 0:39
    (TEN) D.Jones 38 Yd pass from J.Locker(K.Forbath kick), 0:03
    4th Quarter
    (HOU) C.Weatherford, 20 Yd run(B.Mitchell kick), 3:20
    (TEN) K.Britt 10 Yd pass from J.Locker(K.Forbath kick), 0:17
    Overtime
    (HOU) A.Johnson 18 Yd pass from D.Dozier, 8:36
    ============================================​
    D. Dozier 11/22 190 Yards TD 2 INTS
    B. Tate 13 Att 63 Yards TD
    C. Weatherford 4 Att 37 Yards 2 TDs
    A. Johnson 4 Rec 82 Yards TD
    J. Baldwin 2 Rec 46 Yards
    J. Gardner 3 Rec 35 Yards
    R. Hopkins 2 Rec 27 Yards
    K. Cooper 10 Tackles 1.0 Sack INT 2 FF
    J. Beason 7 Tackles
    S. Ellis 3 Tackles 1.0 Sack FF
    P. Kasdorf Tackle 2 INTs
    T. Grant Tackle INT
    J. Locker 16/27 319 Yards 3 TDs 4 INTs
    C. Johnson 16 Att 64 Yards
    J. Crawford 9 Att 23 Yards
    K. Britt 5 Rec 101 Yards TD
    D. Jones 4 Re 92 Yards 2 TDs
    J. Jefferson 4 Rec 62 Yards
    J. Cook Jr. 2 Rec 59 Yards
    A. Buice 5 Tackles 1.0 Sack FF
    M. Andrews 4 Tackles
    J. Tuck 2 Tackles 2.0 Sacks
    T. McKoy 2 Tackles Sack
    A. Ayers 2 Tackles INT
    S. Hill INT
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/116987929​

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  8. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

KnightNoles yes it was a great game and a horrible read on my end in OT...score was 30-24 though right?

9. KnightNoles

yea, correct... ughh i've done that a few times

10. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Strong Running Game And Dominant Defense Lead Pats To Victory
    Cruise to a 37-9 Win Over The Dolphins
    [​IMG]
    The Pats had a disappointing end to the 2015 season, but after another great offseason, the Pats wanted to come out and show that they're ready for 2016 and will be a force. That's exactly what they did as the Dolphins were no match for the Patriots. QB Jaxon Boone got the start and did what he does best on the opening drive. He led an efficient drive down the field with RB Harrison Anthony carrying the load who would eventually punch it in for a TD. The Dolphins would go 3-n-out on their possession. ​
    On the 2nd drive of the game, the Pats brought in 1st round pick QB Ben Brennan to see what he could do. On his very first attempt, he forced a pass right into the arms of FS Trae Spencer who would pick it off and give the Dolphins a short field. Miami would end up tying it up at 7-7 after a long drive despite the short field. The Pats would get the ball back and Brennan came back out. He put together a solid drive that resulted in a FG and a 10-7 lead.​
    The Pats defense was at it again on the Dolphins next attempt as Miami just couldn't get anything going. However, they would have a great punt and pin New England inside their 1 yard line. 1 play later, Harrison Anthony would be tackled inside the end zone for a safety. ​
    This would be all the it for the Dolphins as the Patriot defense and Harrison Anthony would take over. Miami never got into scoring position again. Jaxon Boone came back into the game and that provided a little boost for the Patriots but the Dolphins just couldn't stop Anthony as he exploded in the 2nd half and would get 212 yards and 4 TDs in the game. With the big lead, Brennan would end up coming back in for the 4th quarter and do a solid job after the rough start.​

11. KnightNoles

HAL9100

Well, how is Brennan? throwing, accurate, like how he gets rid of it? etc..

12. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    He's been great. Accuracy isn't a strength of his yet but it's not really a handicap either. Just misses passes every now and then. But unlike Jaxon Boone, he doesn't lose his accuracy completely in the rain. He's got a very quick release. I got a little greedy with him and his 98 THP in this game so the stats are a little misleading.

• Like Like x 1