(S7) Game of the Week

Discussion in 'TSL B' started by BESHIKTAS, Oct 8, 2012.

?

Marseille vs Santos

1. Marseille ( hokie79 )

81.0%
  2. Santos ( krtgolfing )

19.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

Marseille vs Santos​
    IMG_0844.PNG vs IMG_0845.JPG
    hokie79 and krtgolfing are going to face each other for the first time in the history of TFS. hokie79 has managed Fulham in season 6 in Serie A,and collected 18 points and finished 1 step over the bottom team. 3 more points would have been enough to keep himself in the safe zone, but could not managed to beat his long time rivalry HokieNYC who has been a rival since he was born. Getting relegated from Serie A made hokie79 move from England to France. He is now managing highly anticipated Serie B champion Marseille. The players to look out for in his new club are: Remy, Valbuena and old QPR vicious player Barton.​
    On the other side, we have a newly promoted side krtgolfing. He was able to collect 30 points in Serie C to be able to make it to Serie B. He also is one of those managers who felt that it was a necessity to change clubs to be able to compete in Serie B. krtgolfing has moved to Brazil to manage Santos. While managing West Brom Peter Odemwingie and Shane Long were the key players for manager krtgolfing . They scored 11 goals out of 21 goals. He will be relying on Neymar, Arouca and Andre to do that or more this season.​
    We will all see, if krtgolfing is going to get all jacked up on mountain dew and come at hokie79 like a spider monkey, or hokie79 will keep calm and show everyone that he is truly the favorite to win Serie B.​
    Prediction: Marseille 4-1 Santos​
    Predictions are welcome!!!​
    Good luck to both of you guys! ​

• Like Like x 4
  2. BESHIKTAS

Friz
    Thanks for voting guys! Matchday 2 to follow later today. If anyone wants to pick a game that you think would be a critical or a good game to do a write up, please go ahead. I really like the Polls :)

3. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Ouch!!! But hey I get it!!! Go easy on me please hokie79... Just hope I am at least competitive in Serie B!! My prediction is 4-0 marseille!!! And its Diet Mountain Dew now!! Stupid diet!! Great write up!!Wow one vote for me? IDK who would do that...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  4. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

May as well come out of the gate against the top team, krtgolfing. You see what you have to face and it can only get easier from there, right??

I face a rematch against GovernedSpy , who is reportedly holed up in a basement in an undisclosed location in the U.K., playing FIFA for 22 hours a day and slamming Red Bull by the gallon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

I got your back...I'm going with the upset

6. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Thanks for the sympathy vote!!

7. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

It's not a sympathy vote! hokie79 is primed for the letdown in this one. Arguably the best team in the TFS, dropping from A to B, and you're no pushover. Can you say TRAP GAME?

8. hokie79

hokie79 Walk On

geez ...all this pressure to win now and 4 goals? - feels like im being setup....first game against krtgolfing so its going to be a feeler game - i can say one thing tho -- cant wait to the season started!!

9. BESHIKTAS

Rubin Kazan vs Hoffenheim
    IMG_0846.JPG vs IMG_0847.JPG
    Welcome to Matchday 2!
    Today we are going to analyze 2 of the big names of TFS and the game they are going to play in matchday 2. They are: Rubin Kazan`s manager GovernedSpy and Hoffenheim`s newly signed manager IJGator.
    This is not these two managers` first rodeo one against each other. They have played in Season 6 Coppa group stages. The group was a tough group involved CxMacx10 and his Flamengo , LasVegasFC and his Wolfsburg , IJGator with his old club Corinthians amd finally Serie C member ( at that time ) GovernedSpy and his Rubin Kazan.
    The game between these two clubs ended with the victory of Brazilian side who was managed by IJGator . IJGator has won that game 3-2. Rubin Kazan`s goals came from Serie C`s MVP player Valdez who is not with the club any longer. After that famous win IJGator and his Corinthians played against powerhouse of Serie B, kaptainkracker1 in Round of 16, and lost that game 2-0, and his Coppa dream has ended. On the other hand GovernedSpy was not able to make it out of the group, and got sent back to Russia. Rubin Kazan finished Coppa dreams with only 4 points in the bottom of the group.
    GovernedSpy has earned 41 points in 17 games before he stepped up to The Serie B. He was 11 points ahead of krtgolfing who finished 2nd. N. Valdez has scored 18 goals of Rubin Kazan`s 37 goals . As mentioned earlier N. Valdez is no longer with the club, he was loaned to Valencia. Rubin Kazan will be relying on their goalkeeper S. Ryzhikov who let only 9 goals in 17 games, and had 10 clean sheets in the entire season. The player you all should watch out for in Rubin Kazan are:
    1- Eremenko
    2-Karadeniz
    3-Ryzhikov ( GK)
    On the other side we have Hoffenheim and their new manager IJGator . At the end of season 5 IJGator and his Everton became 2nd in Serie B with 33 points, scored 31 goals, let 21 goals go in, and he was able to make it to Serie A with a goal difference of 10. Well, this picture was the last good picture he saw before entering Serie A. Switching from Everton to Corinthians maybe was the beginning of a season that you would not want to see not even as a nightmare. In season 6 IJGator managed, or should I say not managed? Corinthians. At the end of the season 6 IJGator and his team Corinthians was sitting in the bottom of the Serie A with 7 points only. The Friz `s champion team Spartak Moscow`s striker Emenike almost doubled the amount of goals IJGator scored the entire season. Corinthians ended the season 6 with ( -32 ) goal difference. We will all see if IJGator is too good for Serie B, and not that good for Serie A in season 7. The players you all should keep an eye for in Hoffenheim are:
    1-Salihovic
    2-Derdiyok
    3- Wiese ( GK )
    As GovernedSpy believes that " Everything happens for a reason " Did losing N. Valdez happen for a reason? Is he going to be able to stay alive in Serie B without Valdez?
    Is IJGator going to be able to show us all that he is too good for Serie B?
    Who is going to run away with 3 points, or is it gonna be a draw?
    Prediction
    Rubin Kazan 2-2 Hoffenheim
    Friz

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

hmm tough one for me here... interesting that gator won back in season 6 in a coppa match tho, and I think he'll win again here

11. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Seeing as GovernedSpy hasn't logged onto the site since September 28th, and his PSN from even before that, I have to go with IJGator

12. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

Oh no! Hopefully this game gets played!

Great write up BESHIKTAS

13. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

Matchday 3 is going to be a doozy in Serie B: we have a matchup of relegated hokie79 and IJGator and the tilt 'twixt perennial Serie B stalwarts BESHIKTAS and Roger.

For those who don't know, Beshiktas and Roger have the distinction of having never been relegated - or promoted. They are the very definition of the Serie B manager - strong, steady and nervy. They are each capable of pouring in massive numbers of beautiful goals and allowing unlucky howlers that prevent them from reaching the promised land.

BESHIKTAS has the edge on Roger on paper. He has finished one spot outside of promotion in four of his six seasons. Last season, he finished 4th with 26 points and 27 goals for. Roger was one spot above the dreaded drop zone with 18 points and 14 goals for. Over the course of their careers, each has played six seasons - Beshiktas has 162 points on 107 games played (1.51 points/game) and Roger has 104 points on 106 games played (.98 points/game). Roger last topped Beshiktas at the end of the season in the TFS inaugural season, with each tied on 22 points and Roger ahead on goal differential.

Beshiktas returns to the helm of QPR, a team he knows well. Players (among others) to watch out for in the hands of Beshiktas:
    Adel Taarabt
    Djibril Cisse
    Bobby Zamora

Roger takes over for the first time as the head of Espanyol, a team that has never been used in TFS league play. Players to keep an eye on from the Spaniards:

Simao
    Verdu
    Sergio Garcia
    Will BESHIKTAS finally break through and earn the promotion that has eluded him for six straight seasons, often so tantalizingly close? Will Roger find his form with his new squad, breaking away from the middle of the pack to find glory?
    Who will earn the three points, or will each of these noble adversaries walk away with ash in their mouths, forced to accept just a point on the table?
    Prediction
    QPR 3 - 1 Espanyol
    Friz

• Like Like x 4
  14. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Some nice in-depth stat searching there Frenchie1916. But looks like the voters are pretty one-sided for @behsiktas so far... putting the pressure on you early!

15. BESHIKTAS

Hehe not as much as hokie ;)

16. Roger

Roger Walk On

damn! time to step up my game i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.