(S7) Preview Poll #1: Group of Death

Discussion in 'TSL Cup' started by Broncos218, Oct 9, 2012.

?

Which group is the "Group of Death?"

1. Group A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Group B

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Group C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Group D

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  5. Group E

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Group F

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. Group G

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  8. Group H

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Which group is the Group of Death? Last season, the voted upon Group of Death saw Serie A sides PSV in RedAL925 and Montpellier in vipermansa fail to advance. After 2 pots in this season's draw, the analysts were saying Group G would be tough, but did the later pot drawings change your minds?

[​IMG]

2. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

I had to vote for my own group in Group G, but Group D looks pretty tough too, with 3 people having Serie A experience and an unknown in Captain Clutch. Group H will also be tough... I expect Friz to win it, but that second spot looks to be a tough fight

• Like Like x 1
  3. heznfire

heznfire Walk On

I voted for my group in Group D.

Remember, the key in deciding the Group of Death is finding the group that has three quality teams, meaning one will be eliminated. While Group G is very tough with Broncos218 and CxMacx10, it really depends on how jb_banco performs. If he performs as he did in Season 5, then I'd agree that Group G is the Group of Death. But if he performs as he did in Season 6, then I think Broncos218 and CxMacx10 are the clear-cut favorites to advance from Group G.

In Group D, there are three teams with Serie A experience. There is HokieNYC (a mutli-season veteran of Serie A), juanchoCT14 (a Serie A veteran who is in Serie B this season because he did not participate in Season 6), and myself (a Serie A rookie in only his third season of TFS). One of these teams will be eliminated, and it might be two, depending on an unknown Captain Clutch.

I don't think you can go wrong with declaring either group the Group of Death, but I don't think it's as clear cut as some believe.

4. CxMacx10

CxMacx10 Walk On

I also went with my own group in group G with group D as a close second. jb_banco seemed to have a good feel for the new game when he was putting up goals in club last night. Along with myself and Broncos218 who have squared off for a league title in the past.

Should be a fun tourney

5. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

I'm just happy it's not my group for once

6. HokieNYC

HokieNYC Walk On

juancho is a tough out... heznfire laid waste to most of those that got in his way.. Dinamo is a very good team and Cpt Clutch is a ?? .. I think this time around... Group D is the most balanced no clear cut favorites...

7. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

• Like Like x 2
  8. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

Going against the grain and saying Group F. IJGator is a Serie A caliber player recently relegated and looking for revenge. shiftee is the likely winner of the group, but face serious challenges in krtgolfing who showed his skill with a talented squad in his first Serie matchup and promotion in his first year, and redwings8831 , who is capable of pouring in 4-5 goals if he finds his feet in any given match.

9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I went F as well... Top to bottom tough...

10. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

After playing Atl. Mineiro it looks like my group is tougher than I thought. Will be a fight for whichever 2 teams get out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.