(S7) STATE OF THE LEAGUE

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

2. RedAL925

3. RedAL925

Congratulations on another successful season in the TFS! We saw a lot of ins and outs this time around, but we have managed to maintain our strong foundation of sim-style gamers, setting us up for an even better Season 8.

So without delay, let's get into the setup for Season 8. Over the course of Sesaon 7, it became clear that Online Friendlies are severely flawed when it comes to Semi-Assisted controls, in that they do not exist. This mode moved us away from the tactical, sim-style FIFA that we played and enjoyed in FIFA 12. To combat this problem, we are moving to Match Lobbies (same as Cup knockout tournaments) as our primary in-game setup. This move comes with a few caveats:

1. Since you are no longer prompted to download the online roster set, you MUST DOWNLOAD THE LATEST ROSTERS BEFORE PLAYING. The procedure will be in the FAQ for those who do not know how to do this. It is extremely important that you download the latest set before kicking off, I suggest you make in the 1st thing you do every time you start FIFA.​

2. Because we are now downloading the latest rosters, you can now set your lineup pre-game.​

3. Because we are now downloading the lastest rosters, we do not expect to see ANY attribute editing.​

Everything else will stay the same as far as game setup goes. We are still using the "Slow" game setting, Semi-Assisted controls (hopefully that's obvious), and customization is still banned from use.

Season 8 is scheduled to kick off Wednesday, January 2nd, and should be wrapped up by early March. As always, if you have any scheduling issues, post in the vacation thread and let us know, we can adjust if needed.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----​

Back to Season 7...despite a rather large amount of drops, we managed to finish the season on time, and with only a few unplayed matches. Because of the number of drops, there was no relegation this season. Official promotion is as follows:

TO SERIE A: BESHIKTAS hokie79

To fill the void, we have added 8 new/returning members. In addition to the new folks, we welcome back GovernedSpy ezio , and the founding father himself Cimmy24 to the fold. They will be entered into the TFS as follows:

SERIE B: GovernedSpy

I would also like to take a moment to give special recognition to the following members who have put up some really good, consistent content in their team pages and elsewhere. If you're unsure what/how your team page should include or look, check these guys out. Keep it up boys!

I am obligated to remind you (again) that we are now active on Twitter. Follow @TFSerie for all the latest (sometimes exclusive) TFS content, and if you haven't done so already, create an @TFS_(team) account for your club. You can find all our twitter-active members in the Twitter Directory.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----​

One final note...last season we tried something a little different by including a "Discipline Committee" to take care of scheduling/sportsmanship issues. While a good idea in principle, it didn't quite work out as we all hoped. Therefore, all discipline issues will now be handled by the commissioners. Despite it's failure, we did get one good thing out of the experiment.

EDIT: To be clear, discipline is still part of the league system. This is a "who" change, not a "what" change.

As some of you are aware, during Season 7 we asked managers to complete an undercover "Scouting Report" on their opposition. We have reports for almost all members of the TFS, and that information will be made available to the public in some fashion once we figure out how best to do that. These secret "Scouting Reports" will be returning in Season 8. Though optional, the reports are beneficial to everyone, so please help us out and take a moment to fill it out if/when you are asked.

With that, we can now officially say Season 7 is over and done with, and we move along to Season 8. Thanks as always to Zikry and Frenchie1916 for helping me out, and to all the rest of the managers involved in internal discussions.

Good luck to everyone in Season 8!

• Like Like x 11
  4. RedAL925

I forgot one thing:

Instead of setting up 5 different rooms for game being played, we are going to try to consolidate our games to one room. When setting up the Match Lobby, please use TFSerie as the room name. Before you set up your lobby, check to see if there is already an existing TFSerie room.

• Like Like x 4
  5. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

i'm not sure how many people know this or not but you can change the settings to friends only (actually something I have been doing lately) only downside is if multiple games are trying to be played and you don't have the opponents as a friend. only reason I have been doing this is to clean up the room and keep unwanted people in there, guess we could also do a password deal, or just go normally I doubt too many unwanted people will join.

6. RedAL925

we'll figure it out as we go along, but for now let's just create the TFSerie room and deal with strangers as they come. A password might be a good thing though if it becomes a problem

• Like Like x 1
  7. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

It's too bad that FIFA 13 won't allow a permanently created room for this purpose.

8. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Big thanks to AL and all the other admins for putting up with my butt. Gl to all this season.

9. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

Thanks for all the hard work you do... you and the rest of the crew and for constantly putting up with our shenanigans. :)

10. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

nice one guys be good to start playing again :) all the best to everyone

11. LasVegasFC

LasVegasFC Walk On

Just to get this clear since I don't think it was mentioned but are all regular season matches going to be played with Extra Time and Shoot Outs now since we are using the Lobby to play the matches? I forget if there is an option to not allow Extra Time or not?

Can we clarify this?

Thanks!

:D

12. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

There is an option at the end of the game (in event of a draw) which allows you to just end it, or choose to play extra time.

13. LasVegasFC

LasVegasFC Walk On

Ahhh yes, now I remember! It's been awhile since I've played a Lobby Match, thank you! :D

14. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

If its a draw in the end of 90' , you should end it as draw, so your stats don't get all crazy !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.