(S7) TFS Cups: Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL Cup' started by Broncos218, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

[​IMG]
    COPPA CONFEDERAZIONE
    SUPERCOPPA
    TSO-PREMIER OPEN CUP
    Discussion
    Cups Cups Cups!!!! Discuss everything cup-related here​

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Anyone allowed in this?

3. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

In the premier open cup, all Premier members on TSO are allowed to enter, regardless if they're in the league. A sign-up for that will be posted later on. The 3 Coppa's are for Serie teams only tho

4. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Cool, thanks!

5. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I wonder if RedAL925 will get the group of death once again :)

6. CxMacx10

CxMacx10 Walk On

I gotta win one of these things eventually right? Right!?

7. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Hopefully not. This is the only competition that I am consistent in!!

8. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

This will be the season I don't, but I'll still crash out

9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I haven't made it out of the group stage legitimately yet...

10. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

So with some team switching around in TFS, here's how we'll accommodate the changes for the Coppa. Luckily, the Coppa's only been open for a few hours, so it allows us to make some changes. Without GovernedSpy, Group C would lose its Pot 3 team and Group H would become unbalanced with 3 Serie B squads. Had Isaac Oyer been in Serie B before the draw, he would've been in Pot 3 instead of GovernedSpy. Therefore, Isaac Oyer will assume GovernedSpy's spot and move to Group C, while Cole Copeland will take Oyer's original spot in Group H.

Tagging everyone affected by the changes...
    boil16 LasVegasFC RedAL925
    Friz BESHIKTAS OhDaesu19 BigSmooth33

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

The Coppa has been the place for upsets. Truly looks like it is anyone's to win this season!

12. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Wanted everyone to be aware of the tiebreaking procedures for the groups:
    The difference between the current tiebreakers and the old tiebreaker is that H2H results and H2H GD now take precedence over the TOTAL group results and TOTAL GD. So for example, if we look at Group F right now...
    [​IMG]
    The old tiebreaking procedures would have Anzhi 1st, PSV 2nd, and Santos 3rd, as Anzhi has the best group GD and Santos the worst. But with the current tiebreaking procedures, since all three are tied at 3 points apiece, they would essentially form a "mini-group" according to the first tiebreaker. When we look at the 1st tiebreaker, "1. Greatest number of points in matches between teams", the "mini-group" tiebreaker would look like this:
    [​IMG]
    Since Anzhi has now been eliminated from the tiebreaker while PSV and Santos remain tied, the tiebreaker procedure now resets to just between PSV and Santos. So now going thru the tiebreaker again w/ just those 2 teams, PSV defeated Santos 3-2, hence giving PSV 3 points and Santos 0 points, and thus PSV 1st place in the group.

Once we put this all together, you can then see how we get the current table of PSV 1st, Santos 2nd, and Anzhi 3rd. Now once the qualification stage ends, every team should have an equal number of games played, and once Anzhi plays PSV, this 3-way tiebreaker situation wouldn't even occur. But if you look thru the tables and wonder why it looks like incorrect, this is the reason why- it's sorted according to the current tiebreaker rules and this "mini-group", which isn't visible.
    HOWEVER, if any of you are ever confused by the situation or are unaware as to what situations will lead to you advancing, just ask here and I'll try to go over the group in greater detail.

• Like Like x 1
  13. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Thanks for this. Always assumed it went 1. Points, 2. GD, 3. GF no matter how many teams were tied.

14. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

With boil16 now out, MiaFLSurf will be taking his spot in Group C. MiaFL, your games against LasVegasFC and Isaac Oyer are unlocked, with your final group game against RedAL925 to be unlocked this Wednesday.

15. LasVegasFC

LasVegasFC Walk On

Sounds good to me! boil16 never replied to me so I found that pretty strange, not here nor on the PSN.

MiaFLSurf Is this name also your PSN name? Let me know so I can add you, let's finish this match up as we are behind on the schedule!

:D

16. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

Is the draw for Premier Cup today?

17. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

yes, 7 PM ET

18. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Will Celtic actually make it out of the group??!?!?!?

Need Friz to get a draw or lose to OhDaesu19 and Palermo though...

19. BESHIKTAS

Is it time for Round of 16 yet?

20. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

no. there's a break between the final group stage week and the round of 16. This is to allow any postponed games to be played. Round of 16 will open on 11/7

21. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

Gents,
    My apologies for being MIA over the past 7 days but unfortunaley I am still out of power. Good news is that all is well with me and my family and also that half of my town has had power for the past few days so I hope to get it back soon. Bad news is a nor'easter is heading my way Wednesday night so I may be out of power again.

Vin

22. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

BESHIKTAS
    BigSmooth33
    Cole Copeland
    OhDaesu19

With Friz dropping from Serie, and after talking w/ him, he will also be dropped from the Coppa. Since not all of his matches have been completed, all group stage matches with Friz will be cancelled. This means Group H is now a 4-team, 3-game group and all games within the group have been completed. Luckily, even with the cancellation of some previous played matches, the standings within the group remain the same. Stats will be adjusted accordingly.

Captain Clutch

Since there will no longer be a 5th-placed team in Group H, you will not have to play a preliminary round match in the Coppa Confederazione. Instead, you will start in the Roud of 16.

• Like Like x 1
  23. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Does this mean I've made it out of the group?!?!?

24. BESHIKTAS

Yes! You will be playing West Ham :) Good luck!

25. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Yep, the table/brackets/stats have now been updated to reflect the changes

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.