S7/W4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Ghost, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

• Like Like x 1
  2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Kapono I'm free after 8:30 PM EST tonight.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#1 Nebraska Crushes Virginia Tech After Slow Start, Wins 52-10

Nebraska got off to a slow start, going into the second quarter down 10-0. Big Red would then go on a 52-0 run, absolutely dominating every facet of the game. Kicker Trevor Parker got the scoring going with a 34 yard chip shot. After a defensive stop, Coach Kasper was aggressive on the first play, calling a play action pass that Aaron McConnell would haul in for a 43 yard score. Quarterback Larry King was again very efficient, going 11-16 for 194 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs. After an exchange of punts, Nebraska punt returner McKinney returned it to the 35 after some nice moves. Larry King would lead the offense well, and freshman sensation Joe Christian would take a 24 yard screen to the house. Christian has been great receiving skills mixed with the well timed screen calls have led to some great stats for the frosh. Nebraska would stop Virginia Tech on their next drive, and Nebraska would again head out to start moving the ball. Senior Mark Mack would take a drag route for 7 yards to get the drive going, and Larry King hustled the troops back to the line to run a quick read option play to pick up the first, but Christian had other ideas as he took the read handoff 69 yards to the house. After the dust had settled for halftime, Nebraska had whipped together 24 points on the Hokies, and had two TD lead.

The Huskers would return the opening kickoff of the half, and that was about all she wrote. Nebraska would tack on a few more TD's, and Mark Mack even returned a punt after filling in for McKinney due to an injury (nothing serious). Overall, very fun game as we really turned it on after the first quarter.

HB Jeremy Turner paced the running game with 13 carries for 71 yards and a score. Christian added 83 yards and a score on 8 attempts. Senior Aaron McConnell had 3 catches for 90 yards and a TD.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

FYI advance, hopefully, Sunday night.

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'll be around tonight. Watching the OSU game now though

6. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Penn State's Defense Wakes Up, 2nd teamers - still asleep..

#12 Penn State 58
    #9 Boise St 17

Penn State played a game that resembled last year. Even though the offense still struggled, the defense picked it up in a big way, especially early. After a busted coverage, Boise got it down to the PSU 5 yard line. That would be the closest they got on the drive, as their offense was harassed by the Nittany Lion D. After a sack and a TFL, Boise was forced to kick a FG. On the next Boise drives the PSU D shut them down early by making an interception, which was followed by a 74 yard TD from RB Morton for the longest play of his short career. On the ensuing drive, the defense got another one from the Boise QB, which resulted in a touchdown from Crawford to Davis. Penn State was able to add some more points in the 2nd quarter - a FG by Wiggins, a 41 yard TD pass from Crawford to Wade, a fumble recovery for a TD on a kickoff return. Wiggins was able to add another FG after the offense was tackled at the 2 with 3 seconds left before half.

The 2nd half was more of the same, except that Crawford's passes started getting intercepted. On the day he was intercepted 5 times, 2 which were fluke ricochets off PSU WR's bodies. PSU added 14 more points in the 3rd. In the 4th Boise finally got a touchdown on the board, two infact, but they were against the reserve defense. Wiggins was able to add another FG and backup RB Williams ran it in from 4 yards with 20 seconds left.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Alright, I'm just curious with this; I know we are getting a ways into the cycle here, but is there something we can do to respark us for this "home stretch" between now and NCAA '13? I have contemplated posing this question for a while. What are some of your guys's ideas, if any? One of my thoughts was start up a new file, and maybe all go into the same conference (maybe like the Sun Belt, or WAC?) and just duke it out in the same conference for a couple months. It would be something new and I think maybe respark some of you guys.

All that said, I like the file we are using. I just want us to get a little more excited around here. Guys are skipping doing game summaries (I think, idk maybe those are just bye weeks) but it's just so "meh" around here. What do you guys propose? I know some of you are new to the league that I will tag for this post, but please do chime in as well.

Kapono
    fuzzyl0gic
    Philstyle3005
    sawemoff
    BPHusker
    Ghost
    Steamer43
    PK55

Please give some sort of opinion guys! Haven't heard from some of you in a while as is!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

I have a bye week this week that's why no summary this week, and yea I'm up for anything that would bring more User games. As in a new idea i can say maybe College Gameday like what they do in The Red shirts, um Mid season assessments like what Keller did in TMFL (Swami Sez), ill have more stuff when i get back later tonight

9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I wouldn't mind starting from scratch with a Sun Belt team and having a user almost every game. Like I said last night in the chatbox, I've got back to back weeks of bye in the OC so I won't have one until week 7, I believe.

10. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

@Philstlye3005 use to do a mid season assessment that was pretty good but I would imagine he has been pretty busy this past season at work.

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm usually a lot more busy on weekends so my UNC summary will be up tomorrow. I'd like a new file, but that's only because I just started.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Yeah I'm done for anything that will get us fired up and into it...of course with all of us in the same conference this is gonna be all about braggin rights and we're all gonna have to get use to taking some extra "L's"...of course I'm sure a few of you will interrupt me right here and tell me, "Speak for yourself PK!" ;) hahaha...at any rate I would be down with all of us in one conference with a conference championship game and ANYTHING else that would keep it fresh...Peace

13. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I just joined TMFL with the Bills so I am used to getting the L's week after week. lol

14. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Ouch bro...sorry to hit a sore spot...That's one of those teams that you dream about building until you get your chance and then you ask yourself, "What was I thinking!?!"

15. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

BC Surprises Syracuse In 27-3 Upset
    It’s been a tumultuous start to the Boston College football season which saw Head Coach Frank Spazini suspended only to then resign after allegations arose of a “Catholic Bounty System” that was reportedly master minded by Coach Spaz. The bounty system was unique in that opposing players were being targeted for injury, big hits were being laid down and in lieu of cash payments, players were given the option of being able to skip chapel or mass, skip confession and communion, or community service time at the neighboring campus of Saint Therese’s Reform School For Women. Apparently on several occasions student athletes from the BC football team were seen on women’s campus after hours with the blessing of Coach Spaz.

The distraction of the bounty system produced an uninspired team that fell flat as BC was embarrassed at Alumni Stadium 45-7 by FCS Northwest in week 2 and barely slipped by 29-22 the following week at Toledo. With Coach Spaz exiting in humiliation and the team sitting 1-1, Athletic Director Gene Defilippo
    promoted Defensive Coordinator P.K. Kellum to lead the team for the rest of the season.

The changes made by Coach Kellum ignited a fire that set the tone for the week 4 matchup against the Orangemen. In the first quarter SU brought constant pressure and BC answered with a perfectly called screen pass from QB Derek McNair to RB Ryan Robinson that went for a 70 yard score. Syracuse however would continue to put on the pressure and the alternated blitzing continued to give BC fits as McNair finished the game at only 9/16 with 190 yards and 1 TD pass. Coach Kellum continued to grind it out on ground and by the end of the first quarter BC went up 14-0 on an 11 yard scamper by Robinson off the right side. Robinson finished 20/60 with 2 TD’s on the day.

The second half continued as the Eagles were up 24-3 and while there weren’t many adjustments that could be made on offense to keep the wheels rolling and scoring, BC didn’t need it this week because their defense absolutely smothered the Orangemen. After the game Coach Kellum said, “I wish we could have done some more on Offense, we did get a good look at some of our players today so that’s a positive and I’m really proud of how our D looked out there. I guess not being able to release all of that testosterone over at Saint Therese’s really did help us big time.”
    Next week the 2-1 Eagles go on the road to take on Georgia Tech.

SIDE NOTE: This was a lot of fun. I’m used to AA sliders that give the QB some relief so this was an adjustment for me on Heisman...I liked the challenge.

16. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Id be up for a new conference with us all in it but I really think the guys that have built and developed their teams should make that call. I just got Michigan St so it wouldn't matter to me to just start something new, but other guys may not be up for that. I'm down for whatever though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I honestly wouldn't mind knocking the QB Accuracy AI down a few notches.. would make the stats matter more. Plus would help with less "robo QB's" by the CPU

18. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Kasper

Hey I'm back. Ran into a family issue on Friday night but I'm on break now and am free to game again.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself