(S8) State of the League

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

I'm going to keep this one brief...there are two aspects of the league I will be focusing on:

1. Scheduling

Match scheduling was one of the biggest problems in Season 8, only making Serie C's 100% record that much more impressive. Simply posting "I'm on now" is not good enough. It is in everyone's best interest to check the boards on WEDNESDAY and post your availability for the ENTIRE WEEK (if you can plan that far ahead). Doing this ensures that you (A) avoid a yellow card for failure to schedule and (B) give yourself the best chance at completing your matches for the week.

Similarly, don't think by posting your entire week on Wednesday that you are exempt from posting for the rest of that week. You should be communicating with your opponents on a regular basis to ensure no one is waiting around for a no-show, and that these games get played in a timely fashion...because inevitably at the end of the season we will be waiting around for games to be completed from Matchday 10.

2. Content

While we didn't have the league-wide content that we've seen in seasons past (I will take the blame on some of that, having other things going on meant my content got the axe...that should change in Season 9), there was some great content on twitter.

That said, in Season 9 I would like to see everyone up their content game by doing a Team Page AND/OR a team twitter account. Content is what keeps the league from getting stale, so if you have any league content ideas, don't be shy!

--------------------

Season 9 will be no different from Season 8 as far as competition is concerned. Please refer to the rules and regulations for the full rundown. We are welcoming 7 new managers to the fold this season, including the return of kaptainkracker1 to the TFS.

And as I said before, we have BIG PLANS for FIFA 14 in the works, still very much under wraps, but it will be worth the wait.

As always, thanks must be said to Zikry and Frenchie1916 for their assistance in keeping this league running, as well as Broncos218 for doing an outstanding job with the Coppa events. This is not a one-man show, and their help is greatly appreciated.

So with that, we have a Mini-Tournament going on before the official start of Season 9, which is WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20th.

Good luck and godspeed!

• Like Like x 11
  2. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.