(S8) TFS Cups: Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL Cup' started by Broncos218, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

[​IMG]
    COPPA CONFEDERAZIONE
    SUPERCOPPA
    TSO-PREMIER OPEN CUP
    Discussion
    Discuss all Season 8 cup-related stuff here​

2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Draw today still at 2 PM EST?

3. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Broncos218

I'll need my games open (at least my first two games) at the same time if possible since I'll be gone from the 10th - 24th

4. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

ok- since you have a bunch of serie a games also, I'll just open all 3. that way you can try to at least get in as many as possible w/o having a ton of makeup games once you're back

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

May be a good idea to do the same for me... Down in AL next week, followed by a Euro trip

6. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

yea just checked the vacation thread. Zikry will have matchweeks 1-3 open for him and I'll do the same for you since you'll also be missing some time on the back end as well. vipermansa, your first 2 matches will also be opened immediately.

7. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Broncos218

Just in case I don't have access to a computer while I am gone, whenever you plan on putting up the interest thread for the TSO-PCup could you add my name to the list. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  8. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

"Group of Life" my ass....two 3-1 losses to show for it. Thanks for the jinx everyone :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  9. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

2-0 in "Group of Death" :)

10. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Question on stat keeping. With two groups having an extra member do you cancel the stats of one of their games? This would just be for goals/assists/CS etc but if you were to not record individual stats for the games involving the last places team in both those groups it would even it out for everyone else in race for golden ball, CS, assists etc.

Or does the fact that the best teams end up playing more games anyways as they progress further make this a moot point?

Broncos218

11. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Canceling stats of legitimate games played? Blasphemy!

12. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

All the stats are kept, regardless of games played. In the end, getting farther in the coppa usually results in those players ending up higher in the award races, but if you're in a big group and get an extra game, then yes you get a small advantage in the award races. While the placing for awards is dependent upon total goals, total assists, etc., they all have tiebreakers that at some point take into account games played or averages per game that try to narrow down the player who was more efficient per game played.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Claven along with your Serie C spot, you will also be taking Funk's spot here in the Coppa. You will retain Funk's results (2 losses unfortunately), but you still have 1 group stage game to play before moving on to the knockout stage.

14. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

In Group B of the Coppa qualifiers, we have a rare tie that cannot be broken! Claven and Isaac Oyer have the same amount of pts, drew in their head-to-head matchup, and have the same GF & GA. However, since both sides have clinched berths to the Coppa Confederazione, an extra tiebreaker game will not be necessary to determine who makes which tournament. Therefore, a draw will be conducted to see who receives the 3rd and 4th placed slots for Group B in the Coppa Confederazione bracket. That draw will be conducted prior to start of the knockout stage, but after their potential opponents are set (so after 3rd & 4th in Group A are set).

15. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

Broncos218 - when do I play my play-in game for the Coppa Confederazione? I know most of the players in the group still have 1 match to play and CxMac has 3...

16. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

The 2 play-in games open up at the same time as the rest of the knockout stage. However, both the Round of 16 and the Quarterfinals are open for 10 days each, so those who have play-in games will be given more time to complete their future matches, and by the start of the Semifinals, everyone should be on the same page.

17. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

With their potential opponents now set, Ajax & Ein. Frankfurt will now be drawn to determine who will receive the 3rd and 4th placed spots within Group B...

Taking Group B's 3rd-place slot: AJAX Claven

Taking Group B's 4th-place slot: EIN. FRANKFURT Isaac Oyer

18. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

With BigSmooth33 and CxMacx10 unable to get their group match in before the deadline, and communicating with both of them, CxMacx10 has opted for BigSmooth33 to be awarded the forfeit victory. With vacations, scheduling this match has not been optimal, but kudos to Mac for taking the more admirable route and conceding a forfeit as he felt that was most fair in this situation.

• Like Like x 1
  19. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

Is every matchup a home and home set of matches up until the final or is every round a 1 game knockout?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  20. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

never got my head round why u american guys call it "home and home" lol

21. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

lol what do you call it??

22. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

home and away :) because u play home and away lol

• Like Like x 1
  23. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

oh right lol I actually do call it that for soccer games...err football :)

I think home and home is mostly said for back to back hockey games. Or maybe it's north American sports in general.

24. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

yeah just found it odd man lol

anyway look forward to our coppa matches :)

25. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

Yeah the Russian battle will be good!

Matches hmm so it is home and away then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.