(S9) (Episode 1) "Who's Hot and Who's Not"

Discussion in 'TSL B' started by A_Touch_Of_Class, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Who's Hot and Who's Not
    Managers:
    A_Touch_Of_Class (3-0-0)
    dooz (2-1-0)​
    redwings8831 (2-0-1)​
    - All three managers are respectively at the top of the Series B table. ATOC has been able to capture all possible points in his first three games while dooz and redwings8831 are close behind. dooz is still undefeated and poises a threat with Pato in form as well as redwings8831 and his solid back four for PSV.​
    Managers:
    Go Devils (0-0-3)
    COLDPredator (0-0-3)​
    - Both managers have yet to record a point in the new season, however the season is young and there is no need for panic. Both managers are capable of getting on hot streaks and are known to make things happen.​
    Players:
    A. Pato
    pato-corinthians-1375.jpeg
    - Pato leads Series B with 4 goals in three games for Corinthians as they look for a run at the top spot.​
    S. Ruffier
    st-phane-ruffier150x150.jpg
    - The ASSE keeper leads Series B with 3 clean sheets in three games as he has helped Saint Etienne stay in their hot form.​
    C. Gentner
    360980.2530740-150x150.png
    - Frenchie1916 has done a great job with Gentner leading his midfield with 2 assists and if he can stay in form perhaps become Stuttgart's maestro in the midfield.​
    Players:
    A. Ayew
    12fd899ee701d30c4d3f05d56bffd2.jpg
    - Andre Ayew is one of OM's best players and with only 1 goal in three games and a yellow card he is playing far from his potential.

R. Berna
    54766_peq_ricardo_berna.jpg
    - Berna has allowed a league leading 7 goals given up this year. If Berna keeps playing like this Fluminese will be playing catch up all year round.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 6
  2. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Why won't it tag the managers?

3. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

Not sure... RedAL925 any idea?

4. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

You have to make sure all the capital letters match. So its Go Devils (instead of "go devils") and COLDPredator (instead of coldpredator) etc.

5. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Ok I edited it, same thing, they still wont tag.

6. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I dunno then...the others seem to work fine for you so not sure.

7. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Oh well, the guys can still see it.

8. dooz

dooz Walk On

fwiw, capitalization doesn't matter when tagging. I'm not sure why it's not working though. Did you copy and paste them? Also, minor mistake in the first paragraph. Pato is in-form, not Ronaldinho.

Thanks for doing this! Very cool.

9. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

10. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

i've noticed the same tagging issue. It usually happens to me when I center the text, and sometimes after pictures too, or just generally when the tag doesn't follow just regular text. For example, I've noticed thru doing draws that I cannot do:

[​IMG]
    @a_touch_of_class​
    not sure why that happens, and even if I try editing it, I still get nothing. But I do have a workaround. I've noticed this situation only really happens when the tagging is the first part on a line. So what I do instead is apply a dummy tag and then the actual tag, as follows:​
    [​IMG]
    that gets the tag to actually work. And then immediately after I make my post, I'll edit it and delete the dummy tag, which would be @a in this case.​

• Like Like x 1
  11. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

Andre Ayew took this post to heart and produced back-to-back 7.5+ ratings in his league and coppa matches last night with an assist in the two games.

In other news this good form should be coming to an end immediately ;)

12. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Hahahahaha ATOC loves talking about himself. We all know your using game genie. Lol

13. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Shhhh keep the game genie on the down low. Wait till next Episode of "Who's Hot and Who's Not" you'll be under the "Not" bracket broski (y)

14. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Hey as long as I'm being talked about I'm happy.

15. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

I'll be updating this once more of the games get played. I already got a few ideas but with games remaining I don't want to jump the gun.

16. Frenchie1916

I think the entire "who's not" will be filled with Stuttgart players next week. Two matches in a row with ZERO shots on target, 3 SOT out of 20 shots in my last three games. Pathetic personified.

17. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Oh I've been keeping track my friend, don't you worry. (y) Question is...which players do I chose to put in the "not" category lol

18. Frenchie1916

Ibisevic, Cacau definitely. They could wear blindfolds and have a better shooting percentage. Particularly Ibisevic - I wish my miss against Isaac Oyer was in the highlight reel. I got the ball 4 yards from the edge of the box, danced through two defenders and found myself 1-on-1 with the keeper about 2 yards left of center and 8 yards from the goal mouth. And that ugly Bosnian sonofabith rolled that ball a good yard wide of the right post with about 12 minutes to go.

• Like Like x 1
  19. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

I don't think it was the Bosnians' fault...I think it was the manager controlling the shot :giggle:

20. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Episode 2 coming Wed or Thursday

21. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Who's Hot and Who's Not
    Manager/Teams:

314_zps56a9d0e3.png thebouncer24: First and foremost, if you have any extra money laying around I would highly recommend buy this stock right here. I know they say buy low sell high but you gotta suck it up and buy high with this guy b/c he's going to stay hot. Winning all three of his games this week in league play AND winning his Coppa match thebouncer24 is this weeks hot commodity.

947_zpsae4505fc.png UcanHateMeNow: This German side manager laid low in weeks 1 and 2 and has sky rocketed during weeks 3,4,and 5 winning two league games and tying another to creep into third place with 13 points. UcanHateMeNow has started to peak at the right time with a game in hand vs Wolfsburg, he can easily make a run to the top of the table in the next few weeks. Keep an eye on this guy.

866_zpsbb77e982.png Go Devils: Ok ok so your all probably wondering why Go Devils takes the third spot for who's hot this week. Answer is b/c after falling behind 0-3 in his first three games and having one of his star players on the not hot list he has starting to answer the critiques and pulled out a win VS his arch nemesis Frenchie1916 and also drew against third seeded Hamburger. Is this simmer of a hot streak for real or just a dud? We shall see in the upcoming weeks.

Manager/Teams:

721_zps9ff798a4.png COLDPredator: Once again my good friend COLDPredator and his Stoke City side have made the top of the not list once again. With two losses in his last two league games and one in hand against Wolfsburg things aren't looking good for the Potters. With scoring at an all time low in the club panic has set in and players are concerned for their manager. Can COLDPredator turn this season around and avoid relegation...

960_zps7f149e53.png Frenchie1916: Once again this one kills me to put here but I have no choice. With going 0-1-2 in this weeks three match games the veteran manager is looking like a Series C rookie. Losing for his first time ever to Go Devils was a crucial blow to not only himself but is Stuttgart team as well. With a game in hand against the slumping COLDPredator it will be interesting to see if the slump will continue for the Germans or if it will come to and end.

1028_zps08792791.png redwings8831: With only coming away with 1 point in three games PSV rounds out the not hot list this week. PSVs' only point came against an also slumping Stuttgart side. Dropping down to 6th place for the Dutch side is an uncharacteristic trait for a well balanced offensive and defensive side. I don't think this cold streak will last too long for the Dutch though, make sure to keep an eye on them in the upcoming match weeks.

Players:
    Jo:
    jo-150x150.jpg Jo is in red hot form as he has lead Atl. Mineiro to 2nd in the Series B standings, has now taken over the top scoring spot with 6 goals on the year, leads the series in assists with 3 AND leads the series in MoM performances with 2. If Jo can stay like this for weeks to come watch out for this team making a solid push for the top of the table.

Stephane Ruffier:
    ruffier-150x150.jpg Ruffier has yet again dazzled the fans and press as he continues his clean sheet hot streak moving to 5 clean sheets in 6 games played. The only one to get a shot passed him was A. Pato in ASSE's only loss of the season. Ruffier also shutout Hannover in there Coppa match this week as well.

Son Heung-Min:
    103043.png Son recorded a hat trick this week against PSV to single handedly beat them 3-2. Son has 4 goals total this season and is in the hunt for the golden boot award if he can stay in this form. Though he is a mid fielder manager UcanHateMeNow knows how to use this man as a scoring threat.

Players:
    Ibisevic:
    1645.png This here ladies and gentleman is a first, Ibisevic has been requested by his manager Frenchie1916 to be put on the not list. Now, I'm not sure if this is a psychological type thing or what but after talking with the Stuttgart manager he said that the Bosnian striker couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. As one of Stuttgarts' strikers he has yet to record a goal and is well deserving to be number one on the not hot list.

Renato Augusto:
    Because I can only attach 10 photos per thread Renato Augusto does not get his picture put up here, which is a good thing for him because he leads the series in yellow cards this season with 2. With having been able to sit out match day six due to both yellows he hindered his side for the week.

Peter Crouch: And last but not least is our good friend Peter Crouch. With Crouchs' aerial threat non present at all for the Potters he is starting to look something of an ostrich, a bird that is unable to fly and has yet to produce a single goal for his club to date. Either in the Coppa or League play Peter Crouch is a dud so far this season.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 6
  22. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Who's Hot and Who's Not
    Managers/Teams:
    721_zps9ff798a4.png Coming off of a slow, very slow start COLDPredator has been able to turn things around. Recording a win and two draws has bumped him up to 8th in the standings with 5 points. Players are starting to click better and The Potters are starting to roll.​
    961_zps41113743.png Talk about a slow start to the season LasVegasFC was still trying to get his contract finalized with the front office as the rest of Series B had 3 or more games played, however, Vegas has done a superb job playing current and postponed games and has quite a bit to show for it as he sits 3-1-2 with 10 points in 6th place. He has to play A_Touch_Of_Class this week who currently sit atop Series B, but he has beaten ASSE in Friendlies. Can he keep his hot form going and get two much needed wins this week?​
    828_zpsd039c6a8.png Rounding out the hot teams and managers is St. Etienne. ASSE is first in Series B with 21 points with all games played. Pierre Emerick Aubameyang is currently tied for first in scoring and Stephane Ruffier is still leading all Series with clean sheets. Like my good friend Frenchie1916 said in his exclusive interview, Series B title is ATOC's to lose.​
    Managers/Teams:
    912_zpsf1244806.png Number one on our list of out of form teams is Eint. Frankfurt as corruption, embezzlement, match fixing, and no funds for players wages has forced them out of the Series B contentions. Its very sad and unfortunate to see something like this happen to such a top team and manager. Hopefully this situation can be sorted out and Frankfurt will be back in the league.​
    323_zps387ed426.png With 7 games played ezio is struggling to produce goals as his goal differential is at a nails on the chalkboard -13 as that is the highest in league play. Scoring seems to be an issue here with this team, which shouldn't be much of a problem with Fred and Deco both being able to score goals.​
    Players:
    Tim Matavz:
    53024.jpg Tim Matavz has come out of no where with 6 goals this season to be tied for the scoring title. redwings8831 has done a great job getting the ball to his top striker and also being able to finish with him as well. I can easily see Matavz being the Golden Boot winner of Series B if he can keep this form up.​
    Andre Gignac:
    Gignac_OM-150x150.jpg I will give credit where credit is due. I told Go Devils that Gignac wasn't producing and he should be. Well he now has 2 goals scored for OM and is on the leader board. Though it is only 2 goals, streaks have to start somewhere and I feel that Go Devils is starting to utilize Gignac up top. Look for Andre to accumulate more goals this season.​
    Heiko Westermann:
    1562629837-heiko-westermann-hamburger.9-150x150.jpg With Hamburger SV nipping at ASSE's heels all season long a huge contributing factor to that is Heiko Westermann. The center back has helped Hamburger SV only concede 6 goals all year long. With his power and pace in the back four UcanHateMeNow knows how to use him to his full potential. An added bonus for Westermann is his presence on corners and set pieces, the big man has been known to score on several occasions.​
    Players:
    Berna:
    54766_peq_ricardo_berna.jpg Berna has yet again found himself on the not in form players list. With no clean sheet recorded yet to his name and leading all leagues in most goals given up it is safe to say Berna has earned his spot on the cold list. ezio perhaps should try the back up keeper in this weeks upcoming games, it couldn't hurt right?​
    Emerson:
    Emerson-Sheik-carta-ofensiva-del-Corinthians-150x150.jpg Even though Pato is carrying Corinthians on his back right now Emerson needs to help out on the offense. Pato can only do so much before he hit's a slump. Emerson has the potential to score goals but with no goals recorded this season his contribution needs to be addressed ASAP.​

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 6
  23. dooz

dooz Walk On

Emerson hasn't really played for Corinthians.

24. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

Good work as always A_Touch_Of_Class. And I will pay money for you not to put Ibisevic up there... hot or not that MFer is ugly.

• Like Like x 1
  25. LasVegasFC

LasVegasFC Walk On

I'm actually 4-1-2 but I'm not sure which game has been missed to add the stats to the table.

Check all result pages and I have 7 matches posted.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.