S9 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Keller, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

We doing these again?

2. Keller

[​IMG]

QB - RS Senior Corey Hunt (91ovr 95tha 86thp 75spd) leads the Buckeyes for the 3rd season in a row with the experience of a BCS Bowl and a BCS National Championship win under his belt. He will be backed up by up and coming RS SO Jeremy Johnson (88ovr 98tha 89thp 70spd) - he has a very, very good set of skills and he should see some playing time this year in order to groom him for the eventual starting position next year.

HB - The departure of Junior Robert Rushing was not surprising considering the talk of Heisman all season long. Unfortunately for Rushing he was injured late during Ohio State's National Championship run so he missed out on that opportunity but he did not miss out on the NFL. He left the keys to the Cadillac in the capable hands of his former running mate, Wayne Munoz (84ovr 94spd 76btk) and RS FR Jermaine Alvarez (80ovr 97spd 89elu). Alvarez has reportedly already earned the starting role with Munoz spelling Alvarez when needed. Super Freshman Dave Johnson and Will Bates are redshirting their first year and will have to wait a few seasons before they get a crack at the starting lineup.

FB - RS SR Will Hardy (85ovr) had somewhat of a rebirth last season after beating out incumbent Will Jacobs and will get the starting nod again this season. He has garnered some national attention after the national championship game due to his enormous size (checking in at 292lbs) yet very good footwork for a man his size. Some say he projects as a pulling guard in the NFL as his tenacity at the point of attack is unmatched. Expect Hardy to pave the way for another successful Buckeye backfield

WR - RS SR Jacob Bright (93ovr 88spd 99rte 94cth 89spc 92cit 90rls) will lead the Buckeye WR corps for a second straight season but he will continually draw favorable matchups with the electric RS Jr Ryan Samuel (88ovr 97spd 84cth 93rte) demanding attention from defenses. RS JR Jordan Burgess (88ovr) will continue his role in the slot leaving the Buckeye WR Corps virtually unchanged heading into next season. Last season we saw the Buckeye offense really begin to blossom in the passing game and I think we'll see more of that this season.

TE - Incoming True Freshman Ricky Davis (81ovr 85spd 88cth) will fill the receiving TE role while True Freshman Courtney Wright (80ovr) is essentially a fast offensive tackle that can catch will handle the #2 TE duties and blocking TE role. Both have unique skill sets and create matchup problems for defenses. Last years starter, Josh Yates has been redshirted and is a likely candidate for transfer.

OL - RS JR Anthony Williams will play LT (87ovr), RS SR Matt Doyle (95ovr) will play LG, Center will be held down by RS SR Brett Burke (97ovr) while true freshman Jeff Harris (80ovr) will start at RG and finally RS SR Thomas Rice (85ovr) rounds out the group. There are some new starters along the lines but outside of the true freshman, this is a seasoned group that will prove to be one of the best in the country if they can find their groove.

DL - The defensive line has taken a real hit in the past few seasons. This season the departures of stalwart DE Ryan Smith and DT Jonathan Harrison will be impossible to replace. RS FR LE Colin Mullins (84ovr 77spd 85str 91bksh 88fin 87pur 85prc) has the best chance to become the groups playmaker though former top DT recruit RS FR Brandon Harrell (85ovr) will have his say as well. Holding down the RE spot is RS JR Michael Johnson (84ovr). The group needs some time to gel this season but in the next few years the pair of Harrell and Mullins could end up being particularly nasty up front.

OLB - The new linebacking lineage of the NFL can be traced right to heart of Columbus here at Ohio State and this year is no different. RS JR LOLB Jamar Espinosa (91ovr) and RS JR Jay Campbell (89ovr) form one of the top OLB tandems in the country. Super Freshman Darrell Gandy (85ovr) and Steven Coley (85ovr) are chomping at the bit to earn starting roles after redshirting a year. Its tough to find a position deeper than linebacker at Ohio State but there is one.

MLB - Now a 4 year starter at the premier program in the country, many people are second guessing star MLB Eddie Robinson's (99ovr 81spd 95acc 99prc 99bksh 84man 90zon) decision to return to college football for his final season. Robinson was quoted as saying he has unfinished business in college, saying that this is the most talented team he's played on yet and he hopes to achieve even greater heights this season. Next to him stands the only new starter in the entire linebacking corps of the Buckeyes, RS SO Adam Bryan (86ovr).

CB - When I said that linebacker wasn't quite the deepest position at Ohio State, it was only because of the CB group. Losing no players last season, returning starters RS SR Paul Schroeder (94ovr 95spd 98man 99zon 97prs) RS JR Calvin Murphy (89ovr 95spd 98man 93zon) and nickel CB RS JR Loren Morrow (87ovr 95spd 91man 95zon 88prs) strike fear in opposing offenses all around the country. This group is seasoned, as athletic as they come and have incredible depth behind them. You should see the youngsters (keep your eyes on RS FR Shannon Shaw and true FR Leroy Garcia - both could start on almost any team in the country right now).

FS - Now a 4 year starter, Scott Brown (89ovr), returns for his final season. "I spoke with Ed all during the offseason and we feel like this is the most talented group of players we've ever played with. Thats not taking anything away from last years team but we feel like we can repeat so we came back to make it happen. Anything less is going to be a disappointment. The season is long and anything can happen but thats the goal."

SS - Also a 4 year starter, Philip Setzer (88ovr) pairs with Brown and the CB group to form the absolute best secondary in the entire country. Setzer and Brown are versatile, instinctive and very athletic at the safety position so expect continued top-level play from both. The all important 2nd safety role will be held down by former prize recruit RS FR Adam Spurlock (84ovr) whos size and athleticism is extremely rare. OSU coach's have gone on record as to saying he could play anywhere on the back 7 of the entire defense. He's big enough to play linebacker and fast enough to play corner - he will be elite.

K/P - K Spencer Conner (90ovr) and P Matt Carol (90ovr) form one of the top tandems in the country.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Haha, "c.hunt sits under center, oh no, c.hunt is wide open and... Oooh, slammed hard by a big black dude."

• Like Like x 3
  4. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

We should do other users teams. I like your preview, but I found that better because it gave me a chance to really look at another user's team.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

if its ok with Drifterbub

lets do this again......

Big Ten Previews

Ohio State -- JMustang
    Northwestern -- Drifter
    Indiana -- Goose
    Illnois -- Sanders
    Michigan -- BobJr
    Iowa -- BBJ

Pac 12 Previews

Oregon State -- Shaun
    Arizona State -- Keller
    Utah -- Lawdog
    Stanford -- Jr
    Cal -- Iowa
    Arizona --Bond

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Let it be so.

7. Keller

Oh great I get Mustangs lazy ass. Joy.

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

lazy? what are you talking bout

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Here's my Ohio State Preview:

[​IMG]

QB - RS Senior Corey Hunt (91ovr 95tha 86thp 75spd) leads the Buckeyes for the 3rd season in a row with the experience of a BCS Bowl and a BCS National Championship win under his belt. He will be backed up by up and coming RS SO Jeremy Johnson (88ovr 98tha 89thp 70spd) - he has a very, very good set of skills and he should see some playing time this year in order to groom him for the eventual starting position next year.

HB - The departure of Junior Robert Rushing was not surprising considering the talk of Heisman all season long. Unfortunately for Rushing he was injured late during Ohio State's National Championship run so he missed out on that opportunity but he did not miss out on the NFL. He left the keys to the Cadillac in the capable hands of his former running mate, Wayne Munoz (84ovr 94spd 76btk) and RS FR Jermaine Alvarez (80ovr 97spd 89elu). Alvarez has reportedly already earned the starting role with Munoz spelling Alvarez when needed. Super Freshman Dave Johnson and Will Bates are redshirting their first year and will have to wait a few seasons before they get a crack at the starting lineup.

FB - RS SR Will Hardy (85ovr) had somewhat of a rebirth last season after beating out incumbent Will Jacobs and will get the starting nod again this season. He has garnered some national attention after the national championship game due to his enormous size (checking in at 292lbs) yet very good footwork for a man his size. Some say he projects as a pulling guard in the NFL as his tenacity at the point of attack is unmatched. Expect Hardy to pave the way for another successful Buckeye backfield

WR - RS SR Jacob Bright (93ovr 88spd 99rte 94cth 89spc 92cit 90rls) will lead the Buckeye WR corps for a second straight season but he will continually draw favorable matchups with the electric RS Jr Ryan Samuel (88ovr 97spd 84cth 93rte) demanding attention from defenses. RS JR Jordan Burgess (88ovr) will continue his role in the slot leaving the Buckeye WR Corps virtually unchanged heading into next season. Last season we saw the Buckeye offense really begin to blossom in the passing game and I think we'll see more of that this season.

TE - Incoming True Freshman Ricky Davis (81ovr 85spd 88cth) will fill the receiving TE role while True Freshman Courtney Wright (80ovr) is essentially a fast offensive tackle that can catch will handle the #2 TE duties and blocking TE role. Both have unique skill sets and create matchup problems for defenses. Last years starter, Josh Yates has been redshirted and is a likely candidate for transfer.

OL - RS JR Anthony Williams will play LT (87ovr), RS SR Matt Doyle (95ovr) will play LG, Center will be held down by RS SR Brett Burke (97ovr) while true freshman Jeff Harris (80ovr) will start at RG and finally RS SR Thomas Rice (85ovr) rounds out the group. There are some new starters along the lines but outside of the true freshman, this is a seasoned group that will prove to be one of the best in the country if they can find their groove.

DL - The defensive line has taken a real hit in the past few seasons. This season the departures of stalwart DE Ryan Smith and DT Jonathan Harrison will be impossible to replace. RS FR LE Colin Mullins (84ovr 77spd 85str 91bksh 88fin 87pur 85prc) has the best chance to become the groups playmaker though former top DT recruit RS FR Brandon Harrell (85ovr) will have his say as well. Holding down the RE spot is RS JR Michael Johnson (84ovr). The group needs some time to gel this season but in the next few years the pair of Harrell and Mullins could end up being particularly nasty up front.

OLB - The new linebacking lineage of the NFL can be traced right to heart of Columbus here at Ohio State and this year is no different. RS JR LOLB Jamar Espinosa (91ovr) and RS JR Jay Campbell (89ovr) form one of the top OLB tandems in the country. Super Freshman Darrell Gandy (85ovr) and Steven Coley (85ovr) are chomping at the bit to earn starting roles after redshirting a year. Its tough to find a position deeper than linebacker at Ohio State but there is one.

MLB - Now a 4 year starter at the premier program in the country, many people are second guessing star MLB Eddie Robinson's (99ovr 81spd 95acc 99prc 99bksh 84man 90zon) decision to return to college football for his final season. Robinson was quoted as saying he has unfinished business in college, saying that this is the most talented team he's played on yet and he hopes to achieve even greater heights this season. Next to him stands the only new starter in the entire linebacking corps of the Buckeyes, RS SO Adam Bryan (86ovr).

CB - When I said that linebacker wasn't quite the deepest position at Ohio State, it was only because of the CB group. Losing no players last season, returning starters RS SR Paul Schroeder (94ovr 95spd 98man 99zon 97prs) RS JR Calvin Murphy (89ovr 95spd 98man 93zon) and nickel CB RS JR Loren Morrow (87ovr 95spd 91man 95zon 88prs) strike fear in opposing offenses all around the country. This group is seasoned, as athletic as they come and have incredible depth behind them. You should see the youngsters (keep your eyes on RS FR Shannon Shaw and true FR Leroy Garcia - both could start on almost any team in the country right now).

FS - Now a 4 year starter, Scott Brown (89ovr), returns for his final season. "I spoke with Ed all during the offseason and we feel like this is the most talented group of players we've ever played with. Thats not taking anything away from last years team but we feel like we can repeat so we came back to make it happen. Anything less is going to be a disappointment. The season is long and anything can happen but thats the goal."

SS - Also a 4 year starter, Philip Setzer (88ovr) pairs with Brown and the CB group to form the absolute best secondary in the entire country. Setzer and Brown are versatile, instinctive and very athletic at the safety position so expect continued top-level play from both. The all important 2nd safety role will be held down by former prize recruit RS FR Adam Spurlock (84ovr) whos size and athleticism is extremely rare. OSU coach's have gone on record as to saying he could play anywhere on the back 7 of the entire defense. He's big enough to play linebacker and fast enough to play corner - he will be elite.

K/P - K Spencer Conner (90ovr) and P Matt Carol (90ovr) form one of the top tandems in the country.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Keller

In that case - heres Mine.

Arizona State Preview:

[​IMG]

11. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

Stanford Cardinal 2019 Season Preview
    What to watch for on offense:
    The Cardinal has some definite talent available on the offensive side of the ball. Coach Goose has a seriously tough decision at QB. Senior Antonio Thomas is the most balanced QB on the roster, with scrambling ability and the ability to throw the ball. Junior Aaron Tucker is also quite mobile, but Tucker is more accurate than Thomas, but his experience is lacking. At the HB spot, redshirt sophomore Marcus Hood is a very solid option to get most of the carries for the Cardinal, after Brown the lack of top end speed is severaly lacking. Brown is there only playmaker…….Mike Day and Danny Smith both return as seniors and are poised to have big seasons if the Cardinal are gonna be productive this year. Behind this duo the Cardinal has a nice nix of speed receivers and route running ability. The Cardinal has a superstar tight end in Darren Brown.. Whoever the QB is for the Cardinal he will lean on Brown as a pure safety net…
    What to watch for on defense
    The Cardinal have a special, special group of seniors along the defensive line. The anchors in the middle are Anthony Harris and Josh Little of the defense, both are extremely stout in the middle and tough to move. Then on outside you have Senior Michael East who is an absolute beast coming from the left, while on the right Senior Josh Faulk quietly goes about his business of applying pressure, you have one of the best defensive lines in the country. At Outside linebacker Cole Burrell should come into his own and become a stud this year, he is only a redshirt sophomore but with his skill set he should really contribute this year. On the other side Marquice Harrison is a bit small but his skillset is off the charts….. Harrison’s acceleration, block shedding, tackling and hit power are through the roof, he is gonna be a terror this year…..the Cardinal’s secondary outside is Walton is average, the corners have decent speed but they are young…. And the Free safety Warren is solid… but Walton is definitely the star of the back half…..
    Best offensive player:
    Tight End Darren Brown has the skill set to be a first round pick in the NFL draft. His combination of size speed and route running make him an absolute problem for PAC-12 defenses this year.
    Best defensive player:
    Philip Walton is the leader of this defense… His nickname should simply be “I make plays bitch” 99 play recognition, with 92 speed and 92 acceleration…. He can coverage better than most corners… Walton has a very high block shedding ability and he is a very sure tackler…….. Walton is the man….
    The season will be a success if:
    Whichever QB coach Goose selects to start, allows Brown and their offensive line to control the clock and limit their turnovers make plays when necessary. The defense will have to be extremely stout especially with the talent level they have.
    Key Games
    Week 3 vs Illnois (Lawdog)
    Week 4 vs Arizona
    Week 6 @ Arizona State
    Week 11 vs Oregon State
    Week 13 vs Cal
    Bold Prediction
    The Cardinal can easily compete for the Pac-12 title based on their defense alone... I think they will push Oregon State for the division title....
    Final Record for 2019:
    10-2

• Like Like x 1
  12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I am still waiting for mine from last year.. Bondzai007

13. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Yeah, just keep waiting. I'll get it done. ;)

14. Keller

I didn't even know you were alive. You didn't say anything all last season.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Emmdotfrisk

I see what you did there, smart move ;)

16. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

• Like Like x 2
  17. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i was trying my best not to complain..

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It's kind of like my wife tells me about yelling at my kids...it's not so bad it isn't the only communication.:) You barely posted last season at all.

On the upside, you did introduce us to your replacement last night if you end up raging and quitting.:)

19. Emmdotfrisk

What a damn good preview write up Shaun

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm trying to step my writing game up.

21. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Can I do Kellers next season?! It'll be real easy.

"the best fielded Ohio state team" is all I would have to put

On a side note I'll have those Wolverines up tomorrow

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

tr
    1. i worked a shit load last season so mostly if i wasn't working i was sleeping...

2.yeah i was going to recommend him for khallis spot. he's a great member and I told him if we ever decide to ax keller he would once again get my vote..;)

23. Emmdotfrisk

Who?

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Baron

25. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

You rang?