Sack Numbers

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Keller, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

What do you know, Mustang leading again, lol.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    At least he doesn't have double what the next guy does...

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    He does have 4 of the top 11 guys...

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

My defense probably gets passed against 80% of the time. I would say more than 50% of my sacks come from 3 or 4 man rushes, and I either get coverage sacks, or catch the qb when he tries to tuck it and run, or on screens. Partly why they are so spread out.

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Really don't want to let it go do ya. Ive backed up my play with stats, Im not sure how you can justify your RB averaging 11 ypc. I mean seriously 11 yards per carry, and you are calling people out for un-sim play? Your RB with the 11 ypc is an 84 OVR RB, and yet somehow he is leading the country with an 11 ypc and yet Im the one with the unsim stats?

I just find it hilarious that you sit back and have the guy with the highest yard per carry average in the entire game, and you make light of it by saying long runs are the reason for the problem, yet you fail to point out is that the long runs aren't due to the players ability but the user taking advantage of the CPU failing to address overloads or stop certain running plays. At least my big plays are due to the fact that my guy is really good and goes up and gets the ball and breaks tackles as opposed to running to the strong side on a stretch play and the CPU doesn't adjust.

So what is more unsim, a user taking advantage of a CPU logic problem, or a user taking advantage of the fact that his player is really good simply letting that player's talents take over.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    1) This was not a comment about your fucking TE. Remember the last billion seasons past where Mustang led the league by 100 sacks? Who is not letting it go now?

2) I addressed your obsession with the running game in the other thread.

3) Having your TE in the game work against shitty MAC LBs (in single coverage no less because the CPU doesn't know how to double team) isn't taking advantage of CPU logic? But God forbid having your spell HB break a few long runs in the season against users and worn down defenses. Other users with slightly less ypc (over accounting for the few long plays Agnew has) and 150-200+% more carries than him. Lets not remind you of your back's ypc during the last three seasons shall we? Hypocritical of you at best.

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Hey now, I never had a guy with more than 18 sacks in a season. I remember one year BBJ had a guy with 30 sacks...

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You are not helping your argument.:)

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

hey no need to bring this convo to me..let drift and om go at it on their own please..;)

10. Keller

I'm actually surprised I don't have more guys on this list - I feel like I blitz a lot. Do you guys blitz like every down? lol.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Coverage sacks, and I user a lineman, if I am not blitzing. I get a ton of qb tucks trying to scramble so I just switch the dline and scrape off the blocker for free sack.

12. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Blitzing doesn't work, most if not all of my sacks are when I rush 3 or 4 guys and help in coverage either with a combination man/zone or straight zone.

13. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Most of my sacks are from 4 man rushes.

14. Keller

Hmm.... guess I never got the memo.

Though, my defense is usually pretty good, especially now at Ohio State with the talent here. Of course, MSU did gash me for 21 points last night but that represents more than half of the total points I've given up the entire season.