Sad Season in New Orleans finally over

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by CWT 3000, Feb 1, 2013.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Coach Thomas talked to reporters today about their awful season and summed it up as failure. A team expected to make a run for the NFC Championship fell flat on their faces.

The Head coach compared his season to Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde. They were streaky, sloppy, aloof at times. The previous season the Saints did not LOSE a fumble and Brees threw fewer INts than TDs. Look to this season and you see the Saints approch 50 turnovers! At times it felt like Madden was mad at the organization, because no matter what they did... nothing went right. We'd score 36 points one week to turning the ball over on every second half possesion against the Lions, even fair catches were turning into fumbles.

The team seemed to have righted the ship towards the end of the year with back-to-back blowouts. And setting up a must win game vs. the 49ers to possibly make the playoffs. The 49ers coach had never beat the Saints head ball coach. Unfortunately Dr Jekyll showed up and nothing went right for the Saints who were embarassed at HOME. Sad indeed. Afterwards the coach invited everyone over to his house for a pity party.:D

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Wow, that Roger Goodell is an asshole.

3. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Several teams surprisingly underperformed this year. Boom29 and his Niners were the toughest defense I'd played against in two seasons...shocked that they went 7-9 this season. When the Packers are on their game, they can beat anyone in this league. Another great season guys. This is by far the most fun I've had in a Madden league. I'm looking forward to the playoffs, the off-season and many seasons to come...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Yeah, you flat out were robbed in that game. After the fair catch incident my controller might of been busted. Just hope Brees doesn't retire...he did after year 1 in one of my leagues.

5. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

It wasn't the defense's fault, that's for sure. I think I allowed 6-7 Special Teams touchdowns this year and, except for one or two, they were all in loses. Plus, I had two simmed losses and I just couldn't fight back from an early hole.

Not surprisingly, THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS HAVE FIRED THEIR SPECIAL TEAMS COACH!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

CWT 3000 They say its good for the league to see new teams in the playoffs every season.....Blah Blah Blah! I feel your pain! It was exciting to be in the playoffs last year and my pathetic season leaves me on the outside looking in this year. Looking forward to reloading and making it back in season 3!

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Same here, this season was pathetic for the New York Jets. I am really looking forward to rebuilding in some dead spots.