Saints and Redskins

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by capp34, Apr 14, 2011.

1. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

RG Jahri Evans 98ovr A pot 30 age
    SS Roman Harper 87ovr A pot 30 age

for

SS Laron Landry 92ovr A pot 28 age
    RE Jeremy Jarmon 75ovr B pot 25 age

They currently have 30 year old 73 rated C potential starter, Harper is to fill spot left by Landry.

2. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Hmmm seems like a bit of a cap dump to me. But its fair value. Also if this was season 2 or 3 i'd vote different. I'm protecting CPU teams a little less this year since doubtful we get in a 5th season

OK.

@rushers24
    @JoHud
    @Jmustang1968
    @kdpnutter

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I approve, though I wouldve taken one of those guys off your hands capp... I even have a CB or HB to trade

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

old for young - harper is garbage - cap dump AND saints are getting a marquee position at Safety.

Also, madden was pushed back 3 weeks - season 5 is a possibility.

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

wow thats news to me, I think I need to put that up in an article

6. Keller

Yeah sorry - been kinda busy lately otherwise I woulda let you know

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

First time madden wont hit in mid august since I can remember

8. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

These desicions shouldn't be made based on when the next madden is coming out. And if it seems like a cap dump, that should probably trigger a no. Isn't part of playing in a simleague managing your team well? If people jack up there cap and know they can just dump it off to a CPU team whats the point of a cap?

No from me. I agree with Kellers take. If harper were a FA he might not even be signed.

9. Keller

In his defense, he just switched to the Saints so its not like he's jacked up his cap. He's just trying to get things in order and the saints have 3 very, very good guards.

10. ChickenOfTheSea

Yeah its a pretty fair trade. @JoHud as far as making a decision based on the next madden. Reasoning for me- We protect CPU rosters for a potential owner. So it plays a big part.

11. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

@Keller Understandable, but why not trade those guards to other players? It probably would be a good idea to start requiring CPU trades to list the contracts so that can stand out.

@Seachicken3

That being said, I still don't think it is even. I would value SS L.Landry more than the 98 OVR RG. Why? Because safety is a very important position. Losing landry takes away a major playmaking defender, one of the best SS in the game. Throwing Harper on the trade adds almost no value, as I doubt he would even see much interest in free agency. Add to that the Redskins would be getting older accross the board.
    If this were a PVP trade, no problem, but it seems to me the CPU teams are just getting picked apart. I think in trades the CPU needs to win big. It also should be much harder to close a CPU trade than with another PVP player, so that people go there first. For instance, I doubt anyone in the league would agree to this trade.

I really think CPU trades should only be occuring with players that are burried on the depth charts, or if you go after a starter you gotta sell out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. capp34

Ok I have three 90+ rated Guards and Im trying to salary dump? So in other words I cant trade one of them even tho one of them is not helping me on the bench. The Redskins would rather have 73 ovr at guard/incapable and a star Safety rather than a Star guard and more than capable S in Harper. I tried to trade him to user I know all you guys received an alert about my trade block no one responded so I got to go to other means to balance my team. Hell I will even pay Landry the same as Evans.

13. capp34

14. Keller

Capp its just that safety is one of those positions and Landry is a stud. I agree that your Guard situation merits trying to trade one but any guard does not equal a 92ovr Safety

15. capp34

Understood but whats the difference in what the Browns/Pats deal accomplished 2 Premium position players for 2 none Premium guys LB and DE for CB and RB.

16. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

We take each trade individually so comparing one trade to another isn't anything considered we take each trade on it's own merit, this deal gets a no from me the Saints aren't giving up enough for Landry. Harper is way too far past his prime to be anything productive for the Redskins

17. capp34

@rushers24

You have not commented any of the 3 trades I proposed.

18. capp34

Yes I know but everytime I attempt to trade its something..premium position, too fast, salary dumb, CPU team doesnt need this player, etc etc. So I search for a team with needs for my players, non premium players, and players with average speed and still get denied. Then if I try to trade for a lower rated player it will be seen as a salary dumb so what am I supposed to do just stand pat and not try to improve my team. And I have no problem adding to deal but if you guys want me to add more good players they have high salaries because they are good.

19. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

It's not always seen as a salary dump, but at times you can see when it appears that way, and it is hard being on the trade committee because we have to look out for the best interest of the CPU as well as understanding where as User is coming from with wanting to deal to get something. I have no problem with trading Evans I think it is an area of need for the Redskins but it also makes it a serious area of weakness if you do this deal at Safety because Harper is not half the safety as Landry is in the game. That's where it is hard, what it states on a player and what they do are two different things.

Redskins show a big need at WR and the Saints are loaded at WR keep Harper or keep him in the deal with Evans and throw in a good WR and it can get my approval. To get a great position like S or CB where it makes a big need it requires a good player to pry them away especially from the CPU. Landry is just a major beast and as we have seen it takes a lot to get the major talent.

Basically trading with the CPU is like the college football greasing of the palms so to speak by the booster, you gotta throw the extra incentive in their to land the top tier talent to lure them away from another place.

Trade committee is no exact science in any way we just do what we think is best.

I hope this at least helps a little bit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ChickenOfTheSea

This and we have all voted against EACH OTHERS trades many times. Jesus go look at last season we voted down Browns/CPU trades like 6 times. we try to make a decision on a case by case basis.