Saints beat 49ers at their own game

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by PepperNY, Oct 11, 2012.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

May 9, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    What a difference a few weeks can make for a team. Just 2 weeks ago the Saints seemed to be left for dead sitting at 3-5, Last place in the NFC South and nothing going right. Fast forward now to the present where the Saints were in a dogfight winning their last 2 games to pull their record to 5-5 and a 4 way tie in the division with the 5-5 49ers coming to town. The Saints knew coming into this game that they would need to play mistake free football against 1 of the best defenses in the NFL. The Saints would jump on the 49ers early thanks to 2 big plays by a very aggressive 49ers defense who got burned for TD passes of 83 and 90 yards to both Colston and Jimmy Graham. The roles seemed to be reversed as it was the Saints playing ball control offense with a lead and just pounding the ball into the teeth of the 49er defense. Alex Smith would not help at all as he was picked off 5 times by the Saints only crossing midfield twice all game as the 49ers were shut out. The Key stat of the game has to be Time of Possesion where the Saints controlled the ball for over 19 minutes. The Saints would add 4 Garrett Hartley FG's which would be more then enough as the Saints win easily 26-0.​
    The Saints move back over the .500 mark for the first time since week 2 as they improve to 6-5 with 3 big division games remaining.​

• Like Like x 3

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jun 13, 2010
    thx for the highlights Rob :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Jul 27, 2010
    Good game Rob...just wasnt my night in this one. Had a few plays that couldve gone either way..and they went yours:) those two long throws to Vernon Davis that were picked off hurt as well as the fumble from Gore when we was trying to run. Your first TD when I think I hit the dive button to early to tackle you when you ran the button hook..your 2nd TD to Graham when I thought I had good position to pick it was that type of night for me..but a good one for you!

GoodLuck with Division title chase
    • Like Like x 2