Saints Escape Falcons

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ThaBayouChef, Feb 16, 2015.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

The Saints got this one started with a picture perfect drive. A good mix of run/pass plays and they found themselves up quick with a 7-0 lead. The defense would come out and do its job and force a quick 3 and out for the Falcons offense. It looked as though the Saints would be able to pull away early, but on the Falcon punt return man Brandin Cooks muffed the puntil and ATL would recover. That led to an ATL TD and a 7-7 tied game. Atlanta would then clamp down and play a very good ball game.

The key play of this game came right before half. Trailing 14-10 with about 20 seconds to go, the Saints got a long 70 yard pass to 2nd year pro Mercel Greenwood which set up a FG as tike ticked off the clock. ATL led at half 14-13.

ATL opened the second half with possession and wasted no time. They drive right down the field and put up another TD to extend the lead to 21-13. The Saints, however; were not done. They would get a TD via the feet of QB Adrian Crawford from a couple yard out. Down 21-19, they would try the 2 pt conversion and successfully complete it. The Saints would add a FG in the 4th quarter and buckle down on defense ending the game and securing the 24-21 victory over their NFC South rival.

GG Michael Overman . See you in a few weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

GG as always Loren ThaBayouChef

Julio making some crazy catches in that game to keep me in it

I keep getting close...somebody is gonna come into our game expecting a win from a winless team...and they are gonna get bit

• Like Like x 2
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Yea definitely man. Both you and the Bengals are much better than your records show.

I couldn't believe some of those catches Julio made. No matter how good of position my guys looked to be in Julio would jump out the building and make the catch. Lol. Dudes a beast still.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

EA_Beanie

Erroll, here is an example of a game recap that depicts what we are looking for. Nothing too over the top, but Loren touches on what events transpired in the game versus just a general stat summary. Not dogging you here, just giving you an example to reference. (y)

• Like Like x 1