Saints Force 5 Turnovers En Route to 27-0 Win Over Bucs

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by coachmimz20, Sep 11, 2013.

1. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

[​IMG]
    All Smiles in Week 2 For The Saints, en route to a 27-0 win
    Drew Brees did not drop back as much as anticipated but when he did he made it count. Connecting on 9 of 12 passes for 144 yards and 2 scores, including a 40 yard strike on the Saints first play from scrimmage to Marques Colston. Jimmy Graham also got into the action by hauling in 2 passes for 16 yards and a score. Colston led all recievers with 3 catches for 59 yards.

Once again the running game of Sproles (13-44), Ingram (12-70) and Thomas (5-20) helped eat the clock in the second half after jumping out to a 21-0 lead early in the 3rd Quarter. Known for his pass catching abilities, Sproles is making a name for himself running between the tackles early in the season.

The Bucs Christian Ponder was forced into 5 interceptions, all coming inside the 40 yard line, add in 2 sacks and numerous qb pressures the Saints made his day a nightmare. The muscle hamster only tallied 48 yards on 10 carries. Newly acquired Parys Haralson had 6 tackles to lead the Saints.

GG Man.

2. sactown

sactown Walk On

You played a great game in every aspect of the game. You shut me down when it mattered and your defense was top notch. You kept me off balance with your offense and Brees and your running game were just to strong.
    With me throwing 5 interceptions and my bad play on offense there was just no chance. Hopefully next time we meet I can give you a better game.
    Congrats on the win. The better team took this one.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  3. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

Thanks bud.