Saints hit with penalties for bounty program

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by Drifterbub, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/saints-bountygate-punishment-032112
    How does everyone feel about this? Too harsh? Unjust? I think Goodell thinks he is making an example of the Saints.

2. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I think its totally fine. I will also think its totally fine when they start fining and/or suspending individual players for taking part in it.

3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I think it's the right thing to do. If the penalty is insignificant then the entire football culture down to High School continues to think it's okay. These penalties send a message that hurting a player on purpose is unacceptable and shouldn't be rewarded.

Look for player suspensions and fines to start rolling in too.

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Appropriate. Its a violent league as is, no need for that crap.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Think Payton gets fired ala Tressell?

6. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Maybe, but I doubt it..... he'll be back in a year and he is still a superbowl winning coach and one of the brightest offensive minds in the game currently. If the Saints let him go someone would get him. If I was a GM I would hire him in a heartbeat

7. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

I think a year is good. williams probably banned for life for being the instigator in all of it. it's one thing if the coaches just turned a blind eye (peyton) while the players organized it themselves, but its completely different to have the coach actually being the one starting the bounties and paying.

8. TiredPlayer

TiredPlayer Walk On

I think Goodell actually did something worthwhile with how this went down. Draft picks, fines, suspension, Williams banned. They're making an example out of it to show that it won't be tolerated and that it will cost you big time.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    If you lie to Goodell he is going to blast you. If you are asked about this lie and get a strong warning the decide to keep it up you deserve what you get.