Saints/Jaguars Trade

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jkhaalis991, Aug 21, 2010.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Saints/Jaguars Trade

M. Colston WR 89 OVR 28 POT A
    2nd Rd Draft pick
    Jo-Lon Dunbar LB OVR 72 C

Jags Send:

M. Simms Walker WR 85 OVR 26 POT A
    J. Durant LB 85 OVR 25 POT B

HotRod who else is in this committee?

As far as this trade goes, I would approve it if the Saints make that draft pick lower. Colston is the Saints #1 WR. To give him up & a 2nd rd pick is a little much.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm on the other end of this spectrum. I don't approve of the Jags doing this with their squad since the Jags are a rebuilding team but I think its enough. I think Walker will be just as good as Colston about time he gets to his age if used correctly. That helps the Saints because they get a tad younger at that spot.

The LB for a 2nd round pick looks fair. I don't know why the Jags would trade a player with so much potential away with so many holes to fill but they are rebuilding, so the extra pick could help. I haven't looked at the roster to see the hole that would leave though.

I would like to find the potential out on that cornerback before I give a clear cut answer one way or the other though.

3. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I say gay instead of torrence, take out the 2nd rounder

Torrence is C potential

4. jkhaalis991

True Jersey, Colston has alreay proved he is at least in the top 10 as far as WR go. Now say he trades Colston & a 5-7 round pick then cool, but to give up a 2nd round pick is a bit much.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I don't think a 5-7 round pick compensates the Jags for giving up a 85OVR B potential 25 year old linebacker.

In the end the Saints are getting two good players and the Jags are getting one sure bet and another possible.

How about if the Saints make the playoffs it stays a 2nd round pick and if they miss the playoffs it moves to the 3rd or 4th round? Can we do that? Don't know if we can add compensation pick type trades or not? Might be too technical.

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Well originally I said you can only trade a 1st or 2nd rounder cause the talent drops off significantly after the 2nd round.

I don't really get why the Jags would trade Mike Sims-Walker for Colston. By next season Walker will be the same rating as Colston most likely. Also by trading Durant they have no talent at that LB position. The next guy that would take his place is 65 OVR. The Saints benefit from this trade way more than the Jags who are the worse team.

I say no.

7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I say no. And we need to boot that cheesy fucker from the Jags. He doesn't need Colston when he's gonna throw to MJD 7 times a game.

8. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, calm down chief,
    If you're gonna call someone out, even though this is private, have some evidence of cheesy play.

Now 7 is a bit much but MJD had 5 5 catch games and 3 4 catch games, Its not to far off the mark and may warrant a warning but definitely not a boot.

9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    The only way I consider saying yes to this trade is if NO trades a LB. Wtf is a 64 OVR CB gonna do?

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I just read where you posted that you lost to them and he was the main reason, that sucks.

If we can't compensate the Jags, for giving up both players... then I'll side with the others and REJECT the trade as well.

11. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Trade has been update in OP. I like it a lot better than the previous one.

I approve.

12. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Approve.

13. jkhaalis991

Approved.

14. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My vote is not needed but... approved, makes sense this time around:)