Saints overcome early mistakes to split series with Bucs

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by PepperNY, Oct 18, 2012.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Week 15
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints
    (AP) New Orleans, LA - A re-energized Drew Brees led Saints team seemed to be rolling as they welcomed in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers intot he Superdome looking to avenge an early season loss way back in week 7. Well this is a totally different team then the team that showed up in Tampa, or didn't show up for that matter. The Saints new they would need to be on their A game to beat a very well coached Bucs team. The Saints would get on the board first converting on 2 3rd and longs on the opening drive where Drew Brees would hit Jimmy Graham on a 3rd and 5 for a 29 yard TD and a 7-0 lead. The Bucs would look to answer back as they moved the ball inside the Saints 5 yard line but thats hwere the drive would stall as the Bucs would settle for a FG making it 7-3. The Bucs however would take advantage of their opportunistic defense as Drew Brees would scramble and cough it up where it was scooped up by Mason Foster and returned 58 yards for a TD and a 10-7 Bucs lead.​
    Drew Brees, wanting to make up for his fumble would waste little time as he hit Devery Henderson on a 57 yard bomb where on the very next play Mark Ingram would put New Orleans back in front on a 17 yard run and a 14-10 lead. It appeared the Saints would add 7 more just before the half but on a 4th and goal from the 1 the Saints elected to go for it where Mark Ingram was stuffed at the 1 yard line with :03 to go before the half. The Saints would gamble and call an all out blitz sacking Josh Freeman in the endzone for a safety and a 16-10 halftime lead.​
    The 2nd half began with the Bucs getting the ball first but a disaster for the Bucs would strike as Freeman was picked off by Jabari Greer and returned 36 yards for a TD and a 22-10 Saints lead. The Bucs would drive down the field but once again their drive stalled in the redzone and had to settle for another FG to cut into the Saints lead 22-13. The Saints not content with just a 9 point lead looked to strike again, and that they did on another 3rd down coversion this time to Marques Colston where Drew Brees was able to beat the blitz and toss a 38 yard strike for a 29-13 lead. The nail in the coffin would be the Bucs offense stalling inside the 5 once again as they were stopped on 4th and goal from the 3 yard line as the Saints run out the clock for a 29-13 win.​
    After the Game Coach Pepper was furious with Coach Phenom as both exchanged words. Coach pepper referred to the Bucs late game tactics as Bush league as the Saints were lined up in victory formation to end the game Drew Brees would get popped after the kneel down.​
    (I know I'm not the Giants but that last play reminded me of this lol. No hard feelings phenom, I know it wasnt you just creating some chatter between rivals )
    GG Phenom I see alot of close battles in our future​
    Stat of the game: Saints allow 0 redzone TD's in 3 attempts inside the 10 yard line​
    The Saints now move to 9-5 and are just 1 win away from clinching the NFC South with the Cowboys and Panthers remaining on the schedule.​

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

thx for the highlights Rob

• Like Like x 1
  3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

thanks doug, i enjoy putting the videos together even tho it takes some time to do. It does encourage me to do more when i see people actually watch them. Hopefully EA will put this feature back in the game with a patch so others can do videos without having to buy a pvr

• Like Like x 2
  4. Phenom

Phenom Walk On

Good game Rob. You made the right adjustments and it was a completely different game from the first one. That end of game play was hilarious. EA must've thrown that in there for kicks. I'm looking forward to some great games down the line also. GL the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great Highlights pepper...I watch every single reel you make from start to finish

Well Done

• Like Like x 3