Saints @ Packers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by sportyfan2000, Sep 3, 2011.

1. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

Saints @ Packers week 1

the saints travel to green bay to face the packers on opening night as they went to one of best home fields , lambeau field. 1st quater saw the packers up 3-0 but saints fought back in the 2nd and took a 13-6 at half time. Mark Ingram caught a pass from past nfl mvp Drew Brees and it was his first of his career and many more to come , chris ivory punch it in from 9 yards out to get another saints touchdown .The saints come up big in the 2nd half and held the packers to 0 points and 2 of 11 on third down , jimmy graham score his first touchdown of the season , catching it in the middle of packers defense from 6 yards out and brees finsh with 2 td's and 1 int on 210 yards passing , the rookie mark ingram finsh with just 39 yards rushing and saints used thomas , ivory as well to carry the load .

Coach Payton said the team defense came to play today , like i said mark has a role with chris and pierre and we go from game to game how those roles will be . Payton also said brees look in best shape he seen in his nfl career , when asked about jon vilma injury , coach said well i wish i could share it here but we see what happens in next few days and we go from there and when asked also about gregg willams suck it pose on the field when defesne stop packers many times , he said you know gregg has alot of passion and just shows it sometimes .

• Like Like x 4