Saints redzone defense shuts down Gmen

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by PepperNY, Dec 20, 2012.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Giants have no answer for Saints running attack
    [​IMG]
    (AP) East Rutherford, NJ - The Saints came into Week 9 looking to capitalize off their Week 8 win over the Bucs but would have to try and find a way to slow down Eli Manning and the Giants who put 50+ points up on the Cowboys a week earlier. It didnt look good for the Saints early as Zabzebski was picked off on the 1st play from scrimmage. The Giants however could not capitalize as they had to settle for a short FG and a 3-0 lead. The Saints would respond and Zabzebski would redeem himself as he marched the Saints right back down the field and would eventually hook up with Colston for a 4 yard TD pass and a 7-3 lead. The Giants would drive down to the 5 yard line on a screen pass to Mike Wallace that looked like a sure TD but Wallace lost his footing and went out at the 5 where the drive would stall once again as they would settle for a short FG to come within a point at 7-6. The Saints then scored on the next 2 drives where Mansamee James scored on a draw play for 70 yards and then Garrett Hartley booted a 58 yard FG for a 17-6 halftimE lead.​
    The 2nd half was alot like the first half for the Gmen as they had to settle for 2 more FG's squandering scoring oppourtunites in the redzone but were within strining distance in the 4th Qtr as they trailed 20-12 with under a minute to go. Eli was able to get the ball tot he Saints 5 yard line with the clock ticking but once again the Giants failed to put the ball in the endzone as David Wilson was tackled short of the first down on 4th down and the Saints would run out the rest of the clock for a 20-12 victory.​
    GG Juan Valencia You deserved this one as I felt I was outplayed but was able to play a bend but dont break defense. GL rest of the way​

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

updated with video (y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Gg man. Nah u played better then me.gl rest of the way.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

*like* x10 (y)

• Like Like x 1
  5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I have to say, I really like to see the drops in traffic, DB swats/drops, and QB overthrows. Much more realistic. Thanks for including those.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

No problem Doug. I included them because they played a big role in the outcome of the game.

• Like Like x 1