Saints Shut Out Bucs Offense, Win Impressively

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ThaBayouChef, Feb 1, 2015.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

[​IMG]

The Saints had their most complete game to date when they faced the Bucs in week 3. Their offense was able to find the end zone on multiple occasions, while the defense played very stout for all 4 quarters. So stout, in fact, that the Bucs barely eclipsed 100 yards of total offense for the day. It was tough sledding for a Buccaneer offense that was without star WR Mike Evans as well as their starting QB, who were both out with injury. In replacement, De'Adrian Trahan had a very rough day against the Saints secondary. Trahan was 8 for 20 with only 75 yards and 3 INTs on the day. On the other side, second year pro Adrian Crawford had one of his best performances as a pro. He seemed to make big play after big play, especially on third downs. In their first matchup of the season, everything went right for the Saints. But I expect a much closer and tightly contested ball game when these two team face off again in a few weeks. These two teams have split the NFC South title with 2 division crowns apiece. So far through 5 weeks of this season, it appears one of them may be adding a 3rd in 2018.

Two key plays in this game came right before the half and right after. The Saints booted a 40 yard field goal to extend the lead to 10-0 as the first half wound down. And as they opened with the ball in the 2nd half, Mark Ingram would find the end zone from 35 yards out to give the Saints a commanding 17-0 lead. They would never look back and continue to buckle down on defense to wrap things up with a 24-0 victory.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Was there a any play(s) that stood out as impressive or momentum changing?

3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I'm trying to put together a video but my youtube and/or pc was acting weird over the weekend and wouldn't allow me to "download mp4" correctly. Hopefully getting a video of this one and the panthers game up by tomorrow night.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

That's cool. Anything that can elaborate on the stat summary.