Archived Salary cap/FA

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by HotRod, Jun 23, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Salary cap/FA

Hey Ryno how's it lookin as far as the FA and Salary cap system? Is it going to be something in terms of assigning a point value based on overalls? With the point system being graduated as the range of overalls increase. That way you can make and easy cap and it can be easy to keep track of. If anything I'd be willing to help out with that as I work with spreadsheets a lot at work, LOL.

2. dejavu1

dejavu1 Walk On

Not just a universal role off of point values though right...i.e, punters taking same cap as a qb.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Actually after some thought I am willing to do a full salary cap for every team based on the salaries in the game if Ryno sees fit. From there I could help create starting salaries for FAs based on averages for rating groups 95-99, 90-94 and by position. So yeah with that obviously a 99 ovr punter makes a lot less than a 99 ovr QB or RB. This is just an idea...

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

just throwing this out there but it might make sense to scrap the financials and go with a sort of fantasy sports/keeper league type system. just based on past experience, even with some kind of fancy web application the league will get held up every offseason as the financial stuff is figured out.

maybe something like ...

- Each team has 1, 2 and 3 year contracts available - 16 2 and 3s, up to 21 1 years. When the season is over everything shifts forward, so you have 16 3 year deals available, and 16 or more free agents.

- Each team has 5 franchise player tags available. 2 offense, 2 defense, 1 wild card. These can be assigned at any time.

- At the end of the season there's a snake free agent draft. Every time one of your free agents is picked by another team, you can pull back a player. It is limited to 4 or 5 rounds. After the draft all players can be resigned or released as a team sees fit.

- After the draft those players are assigned contracts by their teams, along with recently drafted rookies.

- As part of a trade contract lengths can go down but not be extended. So if you trade for a 3 year contract player you either need to have a 3 year contract available, or sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal. You can't sign a 1 year player and put him in a 2 or 3 year slot.

- Franchise players can be traded for other franchise players as swap spots. When franchise players are traded teams also have the option of giving the player a 1 year contract, making them free agents at the end of the year. If a franchise player is untagged, they can not be tagged again until after the free agent draft.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

your idea sounds good, but a lot to keep track of IMO. I think the spreadsheet thing could be easy to use once it's set up. Also, you could post it or email it out and other people can have a copy incase the guy retires or can use it to audit the other teams to make sure everything is as it should be.