Salary Cap Glitch Talk

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by HurricaneDitka, Dec 1, 2012.

1. HurricaneDitka

HurricaneDitka Walk On

I think I got a glitch. When I try to resign a player it says I have over -1,000 million cap space but under Strategy-Team Salaries its says I have cap room this year and next. Is this a problem that will continue into the offseason? I can't resign any of my players. Does anyone know anything about this? I hope my team is not screwed.

Teams affected by SCG:
    Chiefs
    Bills

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
  2. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

3. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

This could be really bad for us, and TSO as a community as we all use the salary cap and is part of the sim experience.

However, I think as much as they've hyped up the CCM mode this year prior to release and thereafter, they can't let a glitch like this go overlooked and wait until next year to fix. From what I've gathered on other forums, this has been known for at least 2 months now and I'm sure they've been working on it for a few weeks now at least. Hopefully something is coming soon. I read in an EA thread where if you 'delegate' a resigning task for say a "C" player then it is a temp fix for that week as long as the cpu actually signs the player. Might want to give that a try. But I say we wait this out for a while instead of turning off the salary cap and lose the ability to turn it back on later......

4. HurricaneDitka

HurricaneDitka Walk On

I'll try that. I'm just hoping it clears up for the offseason. It says I have plenty of space for next year. I just hope my team isn't screwed for the next season.

5. RRAHx2

If they don't come out with a fix before we are done with the season we will most likely have to go to a manually recorded salary cap. Supposedly it affects alot more teams in Season 3. So we will probably have to anyway. If any other owners are having this issue post so here. Thanks.

6. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

I'm at -1361.47 million. I can't even negotiate contracts or fill my roster.

7. RRAHx2

Looks like we might be turning off the Salary Cap sooner rather than later.

8. HurricaneDitka

HurricaneDitka Walk On

This pretty much ruins the CC experience. I have to believe they will fix this soon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RRAHx2

As you are all now aware of, there is a fundamental flaw in the CCM Mode in M13. Starting in Season 2, teams will be randomly hit with a glitch which will turn the team's salary cap into $-1.33B. This will cause ALL teams effected to not be able to re-sign players, bid on FA's, or make any FA signings. Obviously this cripples any team affected in the off-season, as they can no longer sign players to remain competitive.

This is affecting 3 teams as of today. It is going to get worse this off-season, to the point where Season 3 supposedly becomes "unplayable".

There are a couple of solutions floating around on the web. The first one is to just turn the Salary Cap off, and then we would have to track the signing bonuses, and cap penalties ourselves. The contracts, and salary info is all still available in-game, so basically we would just have to monitor the Cap. This is only a short term band-aid as other leagues have found out that this will free teams this season, but the glitch returns in the off-season.

The 2nd solution, is not really a solution but only a different type of band-aid. Restarting the CCM from the beginning has been done in order to buy time for EA to get the fix out. So basically we would restart, switch teams and get guys a fresh start. Then pray that by the time we get back to Season 2, EA has corrected the issue. This also is not a sure bet, as no one knows when EA will fix the problem, if they even know how.

The 3rd option, is one that has not really been tested, that I know of. We could turn all personnel related transactions (e.g. roster cuts, player re-signings, FA bidding) over to the CPU and "delegate" it to them. Then we would continue through the CCM and see if our teams are back to normal. I have no idea if this will work or not. This is not ideal, as we would have NO say in what players are on our team. However, my reasoning is that the CPU may be able to sign players around the glitch, but that is just a guess I honestly have no idea.

These are all the viable options on the table as of now. I need to know what you all, as the league would like to do. This is a glitch effected ALL leagues, so I hope all owners will stick through this problem with us. Every owner please read and respond below.

nellycuz - Option #2
    mmorgan184
    Snake Eyez - Option #2
    oneshot24 - Option #2
    Anthrax78 - Option #1
    MS8403 - Option #2
    Boman5 - Option #2
    xassassin4lifex - Option #2
    Lobster Killah
    HurricaneDitka
    Aspect1 - Option #1
    AWinkler02
    roll2tide
    MidMachine - Option #2
    skin4lyfe - Option #2
    Matthew Keves
    GDip
    Troy J.
    iTsIsiah
    The Rulah - Option #2
    Snozberriez8198 - Option #2
    Elemnt - Option #1
    CTfromDC - Option #3
    NateDawg - Option #2
    Fast Feet Pete
    SmashMouthFB33 - Option #2
    Selvy9 - Option #2
    SFRANGER6969 - Option #2

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  10. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

uhg :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

Personally, my favorite option would be to start from scratch at season 1 with new teams as a fresh start. This would most certainly give EA time to fix the problem and allow us to continue our league with the ability to sign players. I think the ability to sign/trade/cut players is one of the most exciting parts about a connected career, and I'd hate to just let the CPU take over that aspect of the game completely. I think this would also generate some buzz by allowing people to try out another team.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RRAHx2

The bright side I saw to this, is that honestly 80% of our league wasn't in this league from Day 1, so not many players got the teams they actually WANTED. This could be a way for them to do that.

But I would hate do this if it meant losing guys. Our league has a lot of owned teams, I would like to keep that by any means necessary.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  13. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Option 3

• Like Like x 1
  14. RRAHx2

"uhg" is not a provided option. Please enter another response. :D

15. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

I'd vote for a restart, although this is contingent on how "switching teams" works. If it meant we were forced to take new teams or go through another team draft or something where I'd lose the Seahawks, I might opt for letting the CPU do the team management stuff and hope for the best.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RRAHx2

IF we decided to do that all teams have the option of keeping their team. Then the teams who want to switch would all be randomly given a number to pick from the other open teams. So teams who want to stay put will.

17. HurricaneDitka

HurricaneDitka Walk On

I don't know about restarting. I mean I don't much feel like playing a season that is almost over in real life. But I guess we have no other option. What if we sim up to the current week? I guess that wouldn't buy us enough time. I wish EA would give us some idea of when this will be fixed.

18. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Gotcha, then yea restart is my choice.

19. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Before the first season I was anti the going into multiple seasons. I thought it was a bad idea and would be any fun (because that's what I'm used to is replaying the first season over and over old school style.) But now that I'm in it, I'm loving my two rookies and trying to develop them is a blast. I would hate to lose them.

I vote option 1 because they may come up with a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HurricaneDitka

HurricaneDitka Walk On

As of right now this glitch is not a huge problem. The only thing I can't do is resign my players during the season. This won't become a problem until the offseason when I can actually lose the players. So we can play this until the offseason and hope that EA solves it by then. We will have plenty of time playing all 17 weeks and the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  21. RRAHx2

Yeah whatever we decide won't be until after this season.

22. HurricaneDitka

HurricaneDitka Walk On

23. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

Restart the whole league

• Like Like x 1
  24. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

option 1, cause I love my rookies, but what ever is decided I am cool with.

• Like Like x 1
  25. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

If they don't have a fix by the end of this season then I doubt they will at all. What would make the most sense? Playing this season out knowing we will be restarting anyways....or...restarting now and beginning the season ASAP.....? I think we may lose some ppl when/if we have to enter our caps and bonuses etc on the forum...I say if we restart, we might as well do it now.....that would be my vote at this point knowing what little we know about this issue

• Like Like x 1