San Diego Chargers Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Scouting Reports' started by Ace847, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Jun 15, 2012
    SD Super Chargers!
  2. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Sep 4, 2010
    Gameplan is to pound the rock with Mathews. Favors running behind the RG/RT, but will use a counter if you overload... maybe put the RE in a 'QB contain' to contain the backside. Passing game is average, just contain the middle of the field, as he tends to latch onto Gates. I was able to 'user pic' a pass over the middle intended for Gates. WRs' drop a lot of passes and aren't very good, so only one-on-one coverage is needed.

Liked to drop LB into zone coverage to take away the comeback routes. I thought the Chargers played more zone than man, but i can't be 100% certain. This is just based off my pre snap reads and what I saw during plays. Good sim player.
  3. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Aug 22, 2012
    • Runs mainly to the outside with Matthews and McKnight, roughly 80% of the runs were outside the T's (counters, sweeps, stretches)
    • Likes to use screen plays with McKnight's speed out of the backfield, 3 in our game that I can remember for sure
    • Be sure to set the edge on rushing plays, HB's have good speed if they can make it outside
    • Holds on to the ball WAY too long, doesn't use many short routes with his WR's goes for deep plays with them
    • Easily forced into bad decisions, Rivers didn't leave the pocket 1 time. Under pressure Rivers either took the sack, or made a bad throw
    • Never throws the ball away
    • Dangerous if Gates is left one on one, double cover him just to be safe.
    • Great at blitzing with LB's (user-controlled)
    • On running plays, definitely over-pursues with the LB, so always leaves a cut-back lane open
    • User'd the D Linemen on passing downs
    • A bit rough at playing the ball in the air, a couple times was in great position for the INT but mis-played the ball
    Overall, a good competitor / solid opponent.
    • Like Like x 1