San Diego State Dynasty | Killernuts

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Wick36, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Jul 14, 2010
    In this thread, I will chronicle my solo dynasty with the San Diego State Aztecs.

At first, it will just be some post game highlights, but eventually I may post some full games when I get my PVR.

Anyway... I will try and do this as much as possible, hopefully others enjoy this as I hope to.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Feb 13, 2010
    I really think this idea will catch on. Look forward to seeing your progress.
  3. Wick36

Jul 14, 2010
    2010 Season Preview
    The Aztecs enter this season with a new coach at the helm. Coach Killernuts hopes to improve upon the 4-8 mark the team set last season. "I believe that we have a very talented group of players here, and that we can expect some great things moving forward."
    This coaching change definitely has some decent recruits looking at San Diego State. A few nice performances on the turf could lead to some very nice players coming to SDSU.
    San Diego State will be competing in the Mountain West Conference this year, batting against the likes of Utah and TCU for the conference crown. These aspirations are quite high, and the chances are slim that the Aztecs will be able to pull off a season that miraculous.
    Junior QB Ryan Lindley looks to lead the offense this season. He has some decent weapons at his disposal in WR Vincent Brown and HB Brandon Sullivan.
    Linebacker Miles Burris is one of the few bright spots on the San Diego State defense. Expect him to be flying around the field making plays. If he fails to do so, the Aztecs may struggle a lot this season.
    FCS Midwest
    @New Mexico State
    Utah State
    Air Force
    @New Mexico
    Colorado State

Projected Record: 6-6
    The Aztecs will probably be outmatched against Missouri, TCU, Utah, Air Force, and BYU, but all of the other games are winnable.
    Let's get this season started!

4. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Sep 29, 2010
    Aztecs are an excellent team. I'm doing a pseudo-offline dynasty (me and 2 guys, but real lax) with the Aztecs. The Quarterback is an 85 overall Junior, so great for a 1 star program. Lindley also has a good receiving core, but that dang 3-3-5 stack is tough with the sub-par athletes.

On top of that, my first year I lost a CB for season (broken tailbone), a SS for 8 weeks, and a FS for a week. It was crazy.
  5. Wick36

Jul 14, 2010
    He's not quite that high with the rosters I'm using.

They are a solid time. Picked em because I will be able to recruit, they have decent unis, and most of the other really low prestige schools are bleh or they're in awful conferences.

Also, using Ohio State's Offense (used Auburn the first game, I like one of their wildcat formations, but my QB is too slow for the rest of the stuff) and a 4-3 on defense.
  6. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Jul 31, 2010
    I use the 3-3-5 stack with Kent State in an offline dynasty, I won the nat'l championship year one somehow. I schedules some real powerhouses and went undefeated. 3-3-5 stack is my favorite D, it should be pretty good with San Diego State, theyre skilled enough
  7. Wick36

Jul 14, 2010
    WEEK 1​
    SDSU 48 - FCS MW 21​
    On the very first play of the game, FCS MW returned the kick off for a TD. Things were not looking good for the Aztecs. On their first possession, they failed to answer and were forced to punt the ball. The Dragons drove down the field, approaching field goal range. Was this how San Diego State was going to let their season go? Did they really want to lose their first game of the season against an FCS team? That's when SS Romeo Horn made a big play and forced a fumble giving the Aztecs all the momentum. From that point on, it was all San Diego. They drove down the field and capped off their drive with a 19 yard pass to Vincent Brown.​
    Entering the second quarter, the score was tied. The Aztec defense picked it up though, holding the Dragons scoreless as their offense piled on the points. Brown scored another TD after a punt return for a TD was called back for holding. The Dragons blitzed both the safety and corner and his side, so there was nobody at all to cover him. The ensuing possession, SDSU's drive stalled due to a dropped pass, but Perez was able to put points on the board with a field goal. San Diego got one more chance with the ball, and put the ball into the end zone with 12 seconds on the clock.​
    The rest of the game wasn't very exciting. The Aztecs continued to dominate. The defense was like a wall and Brown could not be contained.​
    Just before the fourth quarter, the starters were pulled and the Aztecs just ran out the clock and played prevent.​
    Lindley: 11/20 253 5/1​
    Sullivan: 13/78​
    Brown: 3/72/1​
    Brown (Rec) 5/176/4​
    Williams: 9 Tack 4 sacks​
    QB #12: 15/20 174​
    HB #34 19/58​
    WR #19: 3/75​
    #82 FS Brian Wright - He looks to be a very good run stopper. His coverage skills are a little bit poor, but he will be a greater player if he works on that.​
    #122 DT Max Copeland - He's a bit slow, but overall he's not too bad. He might see some playing time his third year.​
    #53 ATH Aaron Stanley - Very good speed and quickness. His other skills are not very good, so he might only see work as a return man for his first few years on campus. He has a lot of potential​
    Next week the Aztecs will play New Mexico State​
  8. Wick36

Jul 14, 2010
    I used to run the 3-3-5. However, the linebacker I controlled would get ~20 tackles a game and the CPU has a lot of trouble moving the ball on it for some reason... just doesn't feel right using it against the computer. I didn't/don't want to schedule powerhouses at the beginning because A) I think the sliders I'm playing on are tough enough that I won't be able to beat those good teams unless I play nearly perfect and B) I don't necessarily want to be in the National Championship game the first year.
  9. Wick36

Jul 14, 2010
    Week 2​
    SDSU 30 - NMSU 29​
    The Aztecs were very lucky to come out on top this game. Lindley made a lot of mistakes, and the defense was not playing all that well.​
    The game started with a New Mexico State possession. They marched down the field and kicked a field goal. SDSU ended up going 3 and out and NMSU scored a touch down on their next drive. They Aztecs were now down 10.​
    Eventually the Aztecs responded, decreasing the lead to 3. Both defenses cracked down and the offenses weren't doing much. However, an interception by Lindley ended up giving the Aggies a field goal. It was a very good job by SDSU to hold them to this field goal, however. San Diego responded, taking a one point lead by scoring a TD. Then, Cody Galea made an interception and it looked like the Aztecs were poised to take control of this game. Lindsley made another costly pick and it was returned for a TD. In a key play, the extra point was missed. With just the 26 seconds on the clock, a good return and some nice hurry up allowed SDSU to kick a field goal before the half. NMSU leads at halftime with a score of 19-17.​
    The third quarter was woeful for both offenses. They only addition to the scoreboard was by Aggie DT John Finau who returned a fumble for a TD.​
    Going into the final quarter of play, the Aztecs were down 26-17. San Diego State scored early, with a 6 yard rush by Ronnie Hillman. The Aggies rallied back with a field goal. Halfway through the fourth, NMSU was up 29-24. A field goal wouldn't be enough for the Aztecs. They had to score a TD and they had to do it now. With a few big plays they were able to put the ball into the end zone with 3:08 left to play. The defense forced a three and out, and from there the Aztecs were able to run out the clock.​
    Lindley: 20/40 315 3/3​
    Sullivan: 19/69​
    Hillman: 3/8 1​
    Samspon: 5/81 2​
    Brown: 8/170​
    Burris: 11 tack, 1 sack, 1 FF​
    Fleming: 12/23 143 0/1​
    Smith: 20/62 1​
    Fleming: 4/40​
    Aoelua: 3 Tack, 2 INT​
    No Signings​
    SDSU will play Missori next week.​
  10. Hunt0716

Hunt0716 Walk On

Dec 25, 2010
    I'm gonna be interested to follow this. I'm doing my offline dynasty with SDSU also. I went 6-6 in 2010 with a win over Nevada in the New Mexico Bowl. Then improved to 9-3 in 2011 but lost to UCF in the Armed Forces Bowl. About to start season 3.

They're a fun team to play with. Great offensive weapons, but the defense needs work to keep up the cream of the Mountain West crop.

Good luck with them.