San Diego Union Tribune: Aztec Report

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jca312, Oct 31, 2009.

1. jca312

jca312 Walk On

San Diego Union Tribune: Aztec Report

The San Diego State Aztecs football program would like to announce the arrival of 2 transfers. Unhappy redshirt sophomores DaJohn Harris and Aaron Corp have come a couple hours down the coast from USC to San Diego to finish their college careers after they sit out next season.

Harris a 6'4" 285 pound defensive tackle will anchor the Aztec D-Line his senior year, while 6'4" 195 pound quarterback Corp will surely be under center when he is eligible.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Aaron Corp! are you kidding me!? thats awesome

3. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Yeah, pretty lucky for me.

4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Aztecs Sign 1st Recruit of the Year

The Aztecs received a verbal commitment from :2stars: offensive tackle Rickey Turner. Turner is the #74 rated tackle, he is 6' 7" 278 lbs from Port Charlotte, FL.

The Aztecs had 7 recruits in to visit last week when they defeated their rival BYU, all left impressed and SDSU hopes that their victory over one of their other rivals, UNLV, this week will convince a couple more recruits to commit. Stay tuned.

5. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Lee Black Verbally Commits to SDSU

San Diego State received their 2nd verbal commitment of the year when :2stars:Defensive Tackle Lee Black informed Coach Alexander that he will be an Aztec next fall. Black has been a standout at Santa Monica High School, he is 6'5" 310 pounds. His coach said he can stop the run and rush the passer. He is very disruptive inside because he's got several finesse moves to get offensive lineman off of him. If he can improve his strength and agility, he will be a dominant force on the D-Line.

Black came away impressed with the Aztecs 7-point win over their rivals BYU three weeks ago. "The campus was great, it's only an hour and a half away from home, and I'm really excited about the opportunity to compete for a starting position next year. It just felt like where I belong." Black said

Ernie Lawson will be graduating leaving a major hole in the middle of the Aztecs Defensive Line. Lawson currently has 20 tackles, 8 for loss, 3 sacks, a pass deflection, and 2 forced fumbles through 7 games.

The Aztecs hope to get a few more early commits in the coming weeks, they had 16 recruits in to watch their 41-13 victory over the New Mexico Lobos this week.