San Jose State: Recruiting & Game Summaries 2009

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by prinny297, Jul 26, 2009.

1. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

San Jose State: Recruiting & Game Summaries 2009

SJSU Recruiting
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9
    Stars Position(Type) Name State Height Weight Pos. Rank Overall Rank Status
    :2stars: OLB(Run Stopper) Jason Stewart CA 6'2" 215 LBS #126 OLB #1566 Hard - SJSU
    :2stars: DT(Run Stopper) David Barclay CA 6'3" 289 LBS #88 DT #1469 Hard - SJSU
    :2stars: DT(Balanced) Cedric Harvey CA 6'2" 303 LBS #97 DT #1589 Hard - SJSU

Week 1 - San Jose State celebrates the induction of their first recruit for the 2009 Season. In Week 1 they managed to snag OLB Jason Stewart off of the recruiting board with their scholarship offer. While he doesn't fill in a needed spot, Coach Jon is excited to have him join the team. The coach believes that, under his direction and care, Stewart will make a fine addition and make many contributions in the years to come.

Preseason All-WAC
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Player Pos Team
    F. Koloto LG 1st-Team
    R. Castillo C 2nd-Team
    I. Leatiota RG 2nd-Team
    V. Abbott LE 2nd-Team
    T. Burns SS 2nd-Team
    P. Zavala P 2nd-Team

San Jose State is proud to have 6 players on the 1st and 2nd All-WAC teams before the season starts. "We're expecting great things out of all of our players, especially so for these 6 warriors," commented SJSU's Coach Jon. SJSU looks to do the unthinkable and take down the giant USC powerhouse the first week of the season.

Preseason Polls
    Preseason National Rank: 101
    Predicted Rank in WAC: Finish 6th in WAC Conference

2. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

SJSU at USC

Thriller In The Coloseum

Most USC fans don't know what to say anymore, they are so disappointed that their team was unable to win the game against a team like San Jose State University.

At the half, USC was up by the score of 28-7. Two turnovers deep in USC's zone costed SJSU majorly, causing this game to look over way too soon.

[​IMG]
    SJSU fumble on USC 20 yard line recovered by USC.

[​IMG]
    USC interception inside USC 10 yard line

But somehow, SJSU managed to shut out USC in the third quarter while putting up 14 points of their own to make it 28-21 going into the final quarter.

USC scored on the first play of the fourth quarter with a 46 yard run by McKnight to extend the lead back to 14.

SJSU's HB Dominique Hunsucker got injured in the 2nd quarter, but was cleared to play again in the fourth quarter. He scored a touchdown to make it a one possession game.

After an USC punt, SJSU was forced to go for it on 4th and six deep in USC territory. An SJSU had managed to break his coverage, but QB Reed overthrew him which caused a turnover with 1 minute left. SJSU made USC go three-and-out, using only 2 timeouts, getting the ball back at midfield with around 45 seconds left.

After two broken plays and an false start penalty, SJSU was faced with a 3rd and 19, when WR Beauchman broke free down the middle and caught the ball right past the first down line. After a scramble from Reed, the team found their way to the one yard line, where Reed handed the ball of to FB Knight for the game tying touchdown making it 35-35. Game goes to overtime.

SJSU won the toss in overtime, and decided that they would play defense. After holding them on third down, USC kicked the fieldgoal to go up 38-35. SJSU gets a first down at the fourteen, then throws the ball to WR Jurovich for the game winning touchdown.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOp3gvce1Qg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOp3gvce1Qg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]
    Game winning touchdown in OT

After the game, Coach Jon celebrated by saying, "Now the world knows who we are, and that we can play. If we play every game like we did today, we maybe looking at a WAC championship, and maybe even get an BCS bowl game. Good job to everyone today."

Player of the game goes to QB Kevin Reed of SJSU, going 35-50 for 409 yds with a TD and a Int. QB A. Corp was the POTG for USC going 23-30 for 385 yds and 3 TD's.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Box Score 1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT Tot
    SJSU 7 0 14 14 6 41
    USC 14 14 0 7 3 38

Game Stats:
    Stats SJSU USC
    Score 41 38
    First Downs 34 12
    Rushes-Yds-TD 43-162-5 18-90-2
    Comp-Att-TD 35-50-1 23-30-3
    Passing Yds 409 385
    3rd Down Conv 11-14(78%) 3-9(33%)
    4th Down Conv 0-1(0%) 0-0(0%)
    2-Point Conversion 0-0(0%) 0-0(0%)
    Red Zone-TD-FG 7-6-0(85%) 4-2-1(75%)
    Turnovers 2 0
    Fumbles Lost 1 0
    Intercepted 1 0
    PR Yards 26 32
    KR Yards 111 168
    Total Yards 708 675
    Punts-Average 2-45.5 5-38.8
    Penalties-Yards 3-20 3-6
    T.O.P 19:29 8:31

Individual Stats:

USC

Passing:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Name Comp Att Yds TD Int
    A. Corp 23 30 385 3 0

Rushing:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Name Rushes Yds TD
    J. McKnight 17 89 2
    A. Corp 1 1 0

Receiving:
    Name Rec Yds Td
    D. Williams 5 63 0
    J. McKnight 4 70 0
    R. Johnson 4 100 1
    B. Butler 3 23 1
    A. McCoy 3 84 0
    S. Havili 2 39 1
    D. Ausberry 1 7 0
    R. Ellison 1 -1 0

Kicking:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name FGM FGA XPM XPA
    J. Houston 1 1 5 5

Punting:
    Name Punts Yds In 20
    B. O Malley 5 194 2

SJSU

Passing:
    Name Comp Att Yds TD Int
    K. Reed 35 50 409 1 1

Rushing:
    Name Rushes Yds TD
    D. Hunsucker 16 58 1
    K. Reed 12 63 0
    P. Knight 8 24 2
    L. Mudrow 6 17 2
    C. Island 1 0 0

Receiving:
    Name Rec Yds TD
    J. Beauchman 12 133 0
    K. Jurovich 10 129 1
    A. Reyes 4 74 0
    D. Hunsucker 3 34 0
    L. Mudrow 2 -2 0
    T. Williams 1 9 0
    M. Avery 1 13 0
    J. Harris 1 10 0
    P. Knight 1 9 0

Kicking:
    Name FGM FGA XPM XPA
    H. Waid 0 0 5 5

Punting:
    Name Punts Yds In 20
    P. Zavala 2 31 0

Next Week: SJSU vs Colorado. Coach Jon tells all his players, "Celebrate all you want tonight, tomorrow's practice is gonna be the same as it always is. Don't take Colorado lightly, they won't be going easy on us. Nobody will anymore."​

3. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

Quick question: I uploaded a video on easportsworld that I would like to put on here, how would I get around to do that?

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'm about to try the same thing...I'll let you know if I get it to work.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I figured it out...Go see my summary thread...Check out my new summary with vids now, then scroll down to where I list out about 7 steps total to post vids. If you have questions, let me know via PM or on here. Whichever. It's pretty easy even though it seems tough at first.

6. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

Sad News :(

NEWS FLASH!?!?!?!

During the game at USC, HB Dominique Hunsucker, starting HB for San Jose State, was getting pummeled left and right by the USC defense throughout the entire game. He suffered a minor injury in the second quarter which kept him benched until the fourth quarter. After being cleared by the team doctor, Coach Jon decided to throw him in the game because he was needed. He ran 1 play on offense, a goalline play where he scored to make it 28-35. He suffered a big hit and was laying on the field for several minutes. The medical staff took him to the nearest hospital, where it was declared that he had a abdominal tear. The team doctor says it's not an career or even season ending injury, but tells the coach that he'll be out for at least 4 weeks. "Looking back on it, I probably shouldn't have played him. I could tell he was hurting throughout the game, and Mudrow was doing pretty good as his replacement. This is probably gonna be a decision that'll haunt me for the rest of the season. Hopefully we can pull through and keep on trucking, because we are gonna have a tough road without him."

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Ah man, I thought you were announcing he was out for the season...He'll be back, good news.

8. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

Yeah, the moment I saw him on the injury list I thought he would have been out for the year. He was injured like 3 or 4 times in the game lol, I guess I tried my luck a little too much.

9. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

Game 2: vs Colorado

At Least They Won The Game...

The crowd got their monies worth in San Jose today, with another thriller by this surprising San Jose State team, winning at the last second again by the score of 50-47 against the Colorado Buffaloes. It wasn't really an offensive battle though, seeing as how both teams combined for eight turnovers, four for each team.

[​IMG]
    One of the many turnovers in this game. Interception by Colorado's Smith.

San Jose State was down at the half once again by the score of 35-26, with the SJSU kicker hitting four FG's. Colorado star running back Scott had 100+ yards in the first half alone with Colorado's starting quarterback out for the season.

Both teams struggled to score in the third quarter, until SJSU finally put some points on the board with a 63 yd TD to Reyes with three minutes left in the quarter.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GQEvDA23458&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GQEvDA23458&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    TD pass to Reyes to start up the third quarter.

San Jose State gets the ball back in the third quarter with less than one minute in the quarter, when Reed throws an interception deep in SJSU's own zone to Colorado's Brown, who returns the pick for a touchdown to end the quarter with Colorado winning 47-32. (Both teams had missed multiple 2-pt conversions to make a difference between two and three score games, with Colorado missing two and SJSU missing one).

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6v0nfbLEHtc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6v0nfbLEHtc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Colorado's Brown Returns a Interception for a TD.

Once again, however, SJSU pulls out all the stops in the fourth quarter. They drive down the field in under a minute to score at the top of the fourth quarter making it 47-39.

Colorado punts on their next drive, and both teams exchange turnovers, giving SJSU the ball around Colorado's ten yard line with just over four minutes left. They punch the ball in two plays with backup HB Mudrow to make the score 47-45. SJSU goes for the 2-pt conversion, and with everyone covered, Reed decides to take it in himself to tie the game at 47.

After losing the ball on 4th down the next drive, Colorado gets the ball back on a punt with just over two minutes remaining in the game. After two rush attempts, Evans drops back for a pass, and throws an interception to SJSU's Driver at midfield with just under two minutes remaining.

[​IMG]
    Driver's INT couldn't have come at a better time.

After a 37 yard rush, SJSU gets in field goal range. They runs the clock down, and SJSU kicks the winning fieldgoal as time expires.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7sT_dmB3Kw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7sT_dmB3Kw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    SJSU's Waid makes game winning kick as time expires.

After this crazy game, we caught up with Coach Jon to ask him how he thought the game went. "It was an ugly game, and we are very fortunate to come out of it with a W. It seemed like both teams just wanted to lose the game, and in the end it looks like they just wanted to lose it more than us. We'll be practicing on minimizing our turnovers for next week against another good team in Stanford."

Player of the Game was awarded to SJSU's K H. Waid. He was perfect on field goal attempts, going 5 for 5 with a long of 48 yards. He also made 3 extra point attempts in his effort to get his team the win. Colorado's POTG goes to HB D. Scott, who picked up 170 yards and 2 touchdowns on 24 carries.

Box Score:
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Tot
    Colorado 14 21 12 0 47
    SJSU 13 13 6 18 50

Team Stats:
    Stat CU SJSU
    Score 47 50
    First Downs 17 20
    Total Offense 505 426
    Rushes-Yards-TD 29-214-3 33-114-3
    Comp-Att-TD 18-37-2 21-44-2
    Passing Yards 291 312
    3rd Down Conv 6-12(50%) 4-13(30%)
    4th Down Conv 0-1(0%) 3-3(100%)
    2-Point Conv 0-2(0%) 1-2(50%)
    Red Zone-TD-FG 3-2-0(66%) 6-4-2(100%)
    Turnovers 4 4
    Fumbles Lost 0 2
    Intercepted 4 2
    PR Yards 17 23
    KR Yards 212 246
    Total Yards 734 695
    Punts-Avg 4-42.5 2-45.0
    Penalties-Yards 2-20 3-25
    T.O.P. 12:18 15:59

Individual Stats:

SJSU Team Stats:

Passing:
    Player Comp Att Yards TD Int
    K. Reed 20 43 292 2 2
    C. Bozzo 1 1 20 0 0

Rushes:
    Player Rush Yards TD
    K. Reed 15 15 0
    L. Mudrow 13 85 2
    P. Knight 4 17 1
    C. Bozzo 1 -3 0

Receiving:
    Player Rec Yards TD
    K. Jurovich 6 68 0
    J. Beauchman 6 98 0
    A. Reyes 3 82 1
    L. Mudrow 3 18 0
    T. Williams 2 31 0
    M. Avery 1 15 1

Kicking:
    Player FGM FGA Long XPM XPA
    H. Waid 5 5 48 3 3

Punting:
    Player Punts Yards In 20
    P. Zavala 2 90 0

Colorado Team Stats:

Passing:
    T. Hansen 15 29 253 2 2
    C. Evans 3 8 38 0 2

Rushing:
    Player Rushes Yards TD
    D. Scott 24 170 2
    R. Stewart 2 58 1
    C. Evans 2 -9 0
    T. Hansen 1 -5 0

Receiving:
    Player Rec Yards TD
    D. Scott 6 74 0
    R. Geer 4 55 0
    R. Stewart 2 48 0
    S. McKnight 2 23 1
    A. Simmons 2 28 0
    M. Simas 2 63 1

Kicking:
    A. Goodman 0 0 0 5 5

Punting:
    Player Punts Yards In 20
    M. DiLallo 4 170 1

Next Week: SJSU at Stanford: Coach Jon tells his team, "Our schedule gets a little easier from here on out. Don't sleep on Stanford though. The moment you underestimate them they come back and bite you in the butt. Keep up the good work, because soon we are gonna be in conference play, and no matter how good you are, anything can happen there."​

10. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

Phew, I dunno how many more of these games I can take lol. Will probably put stats up sometime tomorrow afternoon.

11. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Your comebacks are insane! Nice job.

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'll go ahead and take credit for this game since I'm the one who took out Hawkins for you.:partynanas:

Great game! Now if either you or the CPU can win the game by the 3rd quarter, maybe you won't have a coronary before the season's over!

13. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

Thanks, that really did help. I ended up taking the back-up out for a little bit, dunno how seriously I injured him though.
    Their D was tough though, especially at the line. They recorded 6 total sacks in the game. My O-Line really needs to hold better than that, otherwise I might not have a starting quarterback anymore :(

UPDATED: put stats up from the game.

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Nice summary, good work...

15. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

SJSU at Stanford

Move Along, Nothing To See Here.

SJSU showed how dominant they can be for the first time this year, beating Stanford 34-21. The game was not as close as the game appeared.

Bad news comes with this good news however. On SJSU's first drive, it was 2nd and goal when SJSU QB Reed went back to pass, saw some defenders break through his line, and got sacked while trying to get away. He suffered a Strained Back, and team doctors say he will be out for about six weeks.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iI7ty9GTBEQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iI7ty9GTBEQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Sad news for SJSU faithful, SJSU starting QB Reed is out for 6 weeks because of this sack.

San Jose State led the game at the half by a score of 17-7. SJSU got the ball to start off the second half. A couple of plays into the drive, all runs, HB Mudrow went to the sidelines, letting his backup HB Island get a few plays in. Well, it only took one to show what he was made of, going 34 yards for a TD.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjMhabjMQ-c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjMhabjMQ-c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Didn't take long for Island to show Stanford what he was made of.

The game was pretty much over after that TD, as Stanford couldn't muster up much of anything on offense, and SJSU kept Stanford's defense on the field for a long time on their long drives.

The final whistle blew with another SJSU victory, their first win that didn't come down to the wire. The player of the game award goes to SJSU's HB Mudrow, who had 210 yards on 38 carries and a TD. Stanford's POTG goes to WR Stewart, who had 114 yards on 5 receptions and a TD.

Box Score:
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    SJSU 10 7 7 10 34
    Stan 7 0 7 7 21

Team Stats:
    Stat SJSU Stan
    Score 34 21
    Total Offense 397 312
    Rushes-Yards-TD 64-274-3 18-97-1
    Comp-Att-TD 9-19-1 15-35-2
    Passing Yards 123 215
    3rd Down Conv 7-15(46%) 2-12(16%)
    4th Down Conv 0-0(0%) 1-4(25%)
    2-Point Conv 0-0(0%) 0-0(0%)
    Red Zone-TD-FG 6-3-2(83%) 1-1-0(100%)
    Turnovers 1 0
    Fumbles Lost 1 0
    Interceptions 0 0
    PR Yards 49 22
    KR Yards 70 179
    Total Yards 516 513
    Punts-Average 4-34.5 6-40.5
    Penalties-yards 1-5 5-35
    T.O.P. 20:16 8:41

Individual Stats:

Stanford:

Passing:
    Player Comp ATT Yards TD Int
    A. Luck 15 35 215 2 0

Rushing:
    Player Rushes Yards TD
    J. Stewart 14 111 1
    A. Luck 3 -16 0
    O. Marecic 1 2 0

Receiving:
    Player Rec Yards TD
    J. Stewart 5 114 1
    O. Marecic 3 22 0
    R. Whalen 2 43 1
    J. Dray 2 6 0
    D. Baldwin 2 11 0
    R. Sherman 1 19 0

Kicking:
    T. Golia 0 0 0 3 3

Punting:
    Player Punts Yards In 20
    D. Green 6 243 1

SJSU:

Passing:
    C. Bozzo 8 18 94 1 0
    K. Reed 1 1 29 0 0

Rushing:
    Player Rushes Yards TD
    L. Mudrow 38 210 1
    C. Island 13 94 2
    C. Bozzo 6 -33 0
    P. Knight 5 12 0
    K. Reed 2 -9 0

Receiving:
    Player Rec Yards TD
    J. Beauchman 3 35 0
    L. Mudrow 2 17 1
    K. Jurovich 2 23 0
    T. Williams 1 19 0
    A. Moosa 1 29 0

Kicking:
    H. Waid 2 2 33 4 4

Punting:
    Player Punts Yards In 20
    P. Zavala 4 138 2

16. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

Updated, forgot to scroll down on Team Stats (silly me). O-line did better this game, only gave up 3 sacks, but the first one really hurts. No starting QB for half season :(. Its unbelievable that it happens right after I say "My O-Line really needs to hold better than that, otherwise I might not have a starting quarterback anymore". Forgot to knock on wood lol. Just centered everything like it was in balls', man it does look better. I'll be using it from now on and I think I'll go back and center my other ones too :)

17. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

UL Lafayette At San Jose State

Exciting Blowout In San Jose

[​IMG]
    SJSU dominates ULL in their final non-conference game.

San Jose State proves to the world that they are not going to go down easily, beating UL Lafayette 46-20. Even though the game was pretty much over at the half, the scoring burst by both teams in the third quarter made this an exciting game to watch.

SJSU kicks a field goal on their first drive. ULL drives down the field with their run game. They score a touchdown on a 14 yard run by their HB Sails, making the score 7-3.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eRz_PT1TrfE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eRz_PT1TrfE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    ULL's line opens up huge hole for HB Sail to score untouched.

This would be the only lead they would have the whole game, as SJSU would answer with a touchdown of their own, a 7 yard pass from backup QB Bozzo to WR Beauchman. SJSU proceeds to put up 13 points in the 2nd quarter while shutting out ULL to make the score 23-7 at the half.

This is where things start going crazy for both teams. To start the third quarter, SJSU throws an incompletion. The incompletion is followed up by a run by backup HB Mudrow going for 63 yards for a touchdown.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a5ZzGrpHrZI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a5ZzGrpHrZI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    HB Mudrow shows what he can do so he can try and keep the starter spot.

ULL drives down the field on their own to score a 20 yard touchdown catch by WR Mitchell. After the kickoff, HB Mudrow shows how much of a threat he is on the next play by going 60 yards for another long touchdown run. SJSU's K Waid would miss his first extra point this season after this play.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GlZLFSdl3YQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GlZLFSdl3YQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Flash of dominance from Mudrow again.

On ULL's next drive, they run a couple of plays, and on third down they pass to their HB in the flat. He got hit hard by SJSU's Cole, forcing a fumble that is recovered by SJSU's Gonzalez who returns it 29 yards for a touchdown.

[​IMG]
    Fumble recovery for TD puts this game out of reach.

ULL scores another touchdown in the third, making the score 43-20 SJSU. SJSU runs the clock down to three minutes before being forced to kick a fieldgoal in the fourth. After getting it back after a turnover on fourth down, SJSU proceeds to run the rest of the clock off, and takes the victory 46-20.

After the game, we caught up with Coach Jon. We asked him how he felt about the game, to which he replied, "We played a very clean game, not turning the ball over. If we can do that, we will most likely win the game. I am happy by the play of our offensive line today, allowing no sacks in this game. They seemed to be more focused after what happened to Reed. Hopefully we can play this good for the rest of the season."

Player of the game goes to SJSU's HB L. Mudrow who had 18 carries for 248 yards, 2 receptions for 32 yards, and 3 total TD's. QB C. Masson gets ULL's POTG, going 23-41 for 192 yards and getting 2 TD's.

SJSU gets a bye week next week, getting extra time to prepare for Idaho. Then again, do they really need it?

Box Score:

Team Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Total
    ULL 7 0 13 0 20
    SJSU 10 13 20 3 46

Team Stats:

Stat ULL SJSU
    Score 20 46
    First Downs 14 16
    Total Offense 266 437
    Rushes-Yards-TD 22-74-1 37-319-2
    Comp-Att-TD 23-41-2 12-17-2
    Passing Yards 192 118
    3rd Down Conv 7-16(43%) 3-8(37%)
    4th Down Conv 1-2(50%) 0-0(0%)
    2-Point Conv 0-1(0%) 0-0(0%)
    Red Zone-TD-FG 3-3-0(100%) 2-2-0(100%)
    Turnovers 1 0
    Fumbles lost 1 0
    Intercepted 0 0
    PR Yards 0 23
    KR Yards 257 91
    Total Yards 523 551
    Punts-Average 5-28.8 2-27.0
    Penalties-Yards 0-0 2-20
    T.O.P. 12:27 17:46

Player Stats:

SJSU

Passing:

C. Bozzo 12 17 118 2 0

Rushing:

Player Rushes Yards TD
    L. Mudrow 18 248 2
    C. Island 12 60 0
    P. Knight 4 5 0
    I. Liaiana 2 8 0

Receiving:

Player Rec Yards TD
    J. Beauchman 4 21 1
    K. Jurovich 4 54 0
    L. Mudrow 2 32 1
    A. Reyes 1 13 0
    J. Harris 1 -2 0

Kicking:

H. Waid 4 4 48 4 5

Punting:

Player Punts Yards In 20
    P. Zavala 2 54 1

ULL

Passing:

C. Masson 23 41 192 2 0

Rushing:

Player Rushes Yards TD
    U. Sails 18 85 1
    L. Lee 1 1 0

Receiving:

Player Rec Yards TD
    L. Lee 7 50 1
    U. Sails 5 17 0
    J. Mitchell 4 39 1
    M. Miller 3 52 0
    L. Green 3 21 0
    L. Aubrey 1 13 0

Kicking:

T. Albrecht 0 0 0 2 2

Punting:

Player Punts Yards In 20
    S. Ortega 5 144 1

18. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

Injury Update.

SJSU star HB Dominique Hunsucker has been upgraded to probable for week six. Coach Jon believes that no player should lose his spot to an injury, and if Hunsucker is cleared to play, the coach will immediately put him in the fray against Idaho.

But all the pressure will be on Hunsucker in this game, as Coach Jon has been quoted saying, "Our backup HB Mudrow has really shown us what he can do in his three starts. If Hunsucker has a few bad starts in the next two weeks, I will not waste any time to replace him with someone who has proven himself this year."

Will this added pressure help or hurt Hunsucker's performance? Stay tuned to find out!

19. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I like the little injury or depth chart updates you (and others) do...I need to think like that and put those little things in my summary thread. Good stuff...

20. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

21. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

Idaho 23 - SJSU 54

Domination

[​IMG]
    SJSU shows their dominance in their conference game debut against the Idaho Vandals.

San Jose State has been pretty dominant all season, with a 4-0 record to boot. During the first drive, however, it looked like Idaho was gonna run all over them. Luckily for SJSU, Idaho only hit on all cylindars their first drive, while SJSU was scoring touchdowns all different ways.

Idaho got the ball off to start the game. They drove down the field with their run game, and finished it off with a 5 yard run by HB D. Woolridge. Idaho K Farquhar missed the extra point.

SJSU star halfback Dominique Hunsucker was cleared to play in this game. How would he far in this game? He dominated. On the first drive he ran the ball down the field, and ended the drive with a 4 yard touchdown run of his own.

SJSU gets the ball back halfway through the first quarter, and HB Dominique Hunsucker shows why he is the starter breaking the first play of the drive for a 29 yard touchdown, giving SJSU a 14-6 lead.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ga2F8YVIGBE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ga2F8YVIGBE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Dominique Hunsucker scores on first play of the drive, starting the blowout with his second rushing touchdown.

Both teams would add field goals to end the first quarter with the score of 17-9.

Idaho kicked their field goal as time expired in the first quarter, and kicked it off to start the second. They kicked it to SJSU KR Walker, who proceeds to take it to the house on a 75 yard return.

A couple of drives later, Idaho goes three-and-out, and punts the ball to SJSU. SJSU PR Williams bobbles the punt, picks it up, and somehow manages to take it all the way down field for another touchdown for SJSU's special teams.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-8XtmnglkUw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-8XtmnglkUw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    SJSU shows that they can score points on special teams too.

SJSU shuts out the Vandals in the second quarter, and they kick the field goal at the end of the half to make it 34-6 SJSU.

Coach Jon decided to put his entire 2nd team into the game for the entire second half, giving his younger players a chance to get some real gametime experience. HB Mudrow would let out his frustrations for not being a starter anymore against Idaho, having a very good game against the Vandals D.

[​IMG]
    Mudrow scoring on a 28 yard run, but is slow to get up. Nothing serious, just out for a play. This is something SJSU does not wanna witness again though.

Both teams would score two touchdowns in the third, with SJSU also adding a field goal, to make it 51-23 at the end of three. SJSU would run out most of the clock and kick a field goal to win the game with a final of 54-23.

After the game, we caught up to Coach Jon to get his thoughts. He said, "We played great today. We didn't lose the ball on any turnovers, and our players were really focused today. Our second stringers also preformed way better than I expected, and they showed me that we will have a bright future for the next couple of years."

SJSU HB Dominique Hunsucker got POTG honors on his first game back from being injured, gaining 152 yards on 17 carries with two touchdowns. POTG for Idaho went to QB Reader, going 16-30 for 299 yards and two touchdowns.

Box Score:

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    Idaho 9 0 14 0 23
    SJSU 17 17 17 3 54

Team Stats:

Stat Idaho SJSU
    Score 23 54
    Total Offense 396 397
    Rushes-Yds-TD 29-91-1 49-338-4
    Comp-Att-TD 16-30-2 5-9-0
    Passing Yards 299 59
    3rd Down Conv 5-12(41%) 8-12(66%)
    4th Down Conv 0-1(0%) 0-0(0%)
    2-Point Conv 0-0(0%) 0-0(0%)
    Red Zone-TD-FG 2-1-1(100%) 4-2-2(100%)
    Turnovers 0 0
    Fumbles Lost 0 0
    Intercepted 0 0
    PR Yards 0 109
    KR Yards 241 156
    Total Yards 637 662
    Punts-Average 4-34.0 1-33.0
    Penalties-Yards 3-24 2-10
    T.O.P. 11:09 18:59

Individual Stats:

SJSU

Passing:

Player Comp Att Yds TD Int
    C. Bozzo 4 8 46 0 0
    J. La Secla 1 1 13 0 0

Rushing:

Player Rushes Yards TD
    L. Mudrow 26 164 1
    D. Hunsucker 17 152 2
    C. Island 3 14 1
    I. Liaina 2 5 0
    P. Knight 1 3 0

Receiving:

Player Rec Yards TD Drops
    J. Harris 2 28 0 0
    J. Beauchman 2 28 0 0
    K. Jurovich 1 3 0 0
    A. Reyes 0 0 0 1

Kicking:

H. Waid 4 4 48 6 6

Punting:

Player Punts Yards In 20
    P. Zavala 1 33 1

Idaho

Passing:

B. Reader 16 30 299 2 0

Rushing:

Player Rushes Yards TD
    D. Jacson 22 100 0
    P. Mealey 1 5 0
    D. Woolridge 1 5 1

Receiving:

Player Rec Yards TD Drops
    P. Mealey 6 111 1 0
    D. Jackson 4 77 0 0
    P. Davis 4 97 1 1
    P. McCarty 1 5 0 0
    P. Bjorvik 1 9 0 0
    M. Komar 0 0 0 1
    K. Small 0 0 0 2

Kicking:

T. Farquhar 1 1 27 2 3

Punting:

Player Punts Yards In 20
    K. Naber 4 136 1

Next Game: at Fresno State. This is SJSU's lone rival, so they look forward to this game every year. Fresno State hasn't been to hot to start the season. Anything can happen in rivalry games, however.​

22. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

Update: Finished summary and stats. Hopefully SJSU will get ranked next week! (#27 in media poll, have 22 votes in the coaches poll :))

23. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Wow! That's the first punt return for a TD I've ever seen in '10. I've seen (and had) a few kick returns for TDs, but not punts.

24. Jackwacker

Jackwacker Noob

Nice Job! Fresno game is looking good!

25. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'm just sayin' but I think the MM might have the best collection of players out of any of the OFFL leagues...I'm just sayin'.