Santonio Holmes traded for a 5th round pick

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Dru50, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Santonio Holmes traded for a 5th round pick

That's what's being reported on ESPN anyway, I'm not sure it's official.

If it's accurate, great trade by the Jets, and seemingly a rash move by the Steelers.

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I agree. That would give them Edwards, Cotchery, and Holmes at receiver as of right now....that's pretty sweet for Sanchez.

3. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Awesome trade for the Jets, it does make me wonder if the Steelers know something the media is unaware of about Holmes's Orlando nightclub incident

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Holmes is a headcase and is in the NFL's Substance Abuse Program. He tested positive for pot so he has a 4-game suspension on the way from Mr. Goddell for the 2010 season.

I guess he became expendable w/his off-field issues and the play of rookie WR-Mike Wallace.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

The Jets are rolling the dice and could wind up with a Lomabardi trophy by adding Holmes and Cromartie. If LT can produce to supplement Greene running behind a top 5 OL, the Jets should win the East.

I'm just thinking about their roster and they are a real contender.

Woody, Faneca, Mangold, D'Brickshaw Ferguson, B. Moore on the OL
    Holmes, Cotchery, Edwards WR

Brad Smith, Leon Washington X - Factor

Greene, Tomlinson, Tony Richardson RB/FB

Cromartie, Revis, Bart Scott, Shaun Ellis, David Harris on defense.

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I never question the Steelers moves but giving up our #1 WR for a 5th rounder? Holmes has had 1000 yards the past few seasons I believe but I sometimes think he doesn't play hard and drops some balls he should catch.

Like someone said they may know something that hasnt been released and the guy only has one more year left on his contract and Steelers have been known not to pay guys after big years

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That was the part that surprised me, not that they traded him but that they only got a 5th rounder for a guy who had 1,200 yards receiving last year.

8. KnightNoles

supposedly Leon Washington is in the deal even though it isnt being reported....

9. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I think Cromartie is highly overrated and I still cant get over how cowardly of a tackler he is....see video from Chargers playoff game...lol

But the Jets should be very good long as they can add to their pass rush and Sanchez doesnt have a sophmore slump similar to Matt Ryan....

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pFCiPA9Comw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pFCiPA9Comw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

That's hilarious! I mean I only weigh 160 pounds and I would atleast two hand touch the guy.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Everybody catch vaginitis every once in awhile, sucks for SD Cromartie caught his during a playoff game. He still owns the greatest interception ever award.

Holmes trade: The Rooney family don't play. Don't be surprised if Big Ben is moved eventually. He's running thru hell with gasoline drawers on right now.

12. KnightNoles

Cro is my dude though, at least he showed off his speed!!!! (y)

13. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

That was Neon Deion-esque.

14. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Slump might be a slight overstatement. He was injured and still put up more touchdowns and completions in his second season. The Falcons problems last season had little to do with Matt Ryan. He is a solid young quarterback.

15. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

So if SB Mvp Holmes is only worth a 5th, What is Brandon Marhsall worth??????? (Can Seattle get him on draft day for a 4th?

16. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Going to go ahead and say it, I wouldn't want to run into Shonn Greene. Even with pads.

Mike

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I wish my Birdz would throw that Washington pick at 'em, even with our young recievers. Kolb will need all the help he can get. Or less excuses why we shouldn't still be a playoff caliber team.

18. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

Wow, he must be really messing up in Pitts eyes. To get rid of a Super Bowl MVP for a 5th round pick is something serious. Wish the Cowboys would have scooped him up.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I guess that Big Ben esque behavior did him in, even though in the end he might come off scott free, especially if that sworn statement is true.

I'll take that though, the Jets now have a GREAT offense with weapons gallore.

Cromartie will be fine, he's a pure cover corner and in that scheme, he'll flourish, especially with Revis on the other side. plus they helped him out with his CS situation, giving him some extra cash to give to pay his debts off.

20. KnightNoles

EL oh EL (y)

Not everyone knows he has fathered like 10 kids, [​IMG]

21. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Is he the new Travis Henry?