Saturday Heroes Gameday - S1Wk2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]

Coming to you LIVE from State College, PA!!!!

[​IMG]

We are here in Happy Valley for a mathup that is oozing with tradition!!!! The Penn State Nittany Lions play host to the Crimson Tide of Alabama!!! Two storied programs, two iconic coaches, one historic night! This is what college football is all about! This is Alabama versus Penn State!​

The crowd is wild and ready for a clash of classic titans in Happy Valley! Penn State's Beaver Stadium will be jam packed with 100,000 plus fans with the majority clad in white. A whiteout is in store this evening! These two programs faced each other last season in Tuscaloosa as Alabama rolled to a victory. Tonight, our eyes and attention will be gazing on State College, but our hearts will remain with those in Tuscaloosa after the devastating tornadoes that ravaged the area this summer.​

Our thoughts and prayers remain with those who lost loved ones and were affected by the storms that brought carnage to the town of Tuscaloosa. Tonight, the Crimson Tide will play for their fans, for their town, for their home.​

After a hard fought week 1 where our Heroes saw ups and downs, we continue on to week 2 where they look to either continue their glory or find the right path. The second week of the season is loaded with games between our Heroes.​

[​IMG][​IMG]

North Texas and Louisiana Tech both lost their week 1 games. The Mean Green to FIU and LaTech lost to Southern Miss. Only one team will gain their first victory of the season, as the other continues to look for answers.​

My Pick​

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

SDSU and Army look to find success in their week 2 games. Two teams with great offensive strengths. For SDSU it is their passing attack and for Army, the run with the triple option threat.​

My Pick​

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last week, Rice was absolutely embarrassed defensively as Texas put up huge numbers through the air. This week, they have a little less harder of an opponent, but still one to not take lightly at all. Fresno State comes to town looking to keep Rice on their heels.​

My Pick​

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Ohio lost an absolute heartbreaker last week to Cincinnati and the program has been chomping at the bit to try and garner some revenge after last second lost. This week they face a very challenging CSU team.​

My Pick​

[​IMG]

Now the moment these fans have been waiting for!!!! Penn State and Alabama are set to clash in Beaver Stadium! Over 105,000 fans will be on hand for this one, and all but one small sliver of the stadium will be dressed in white!​

[​IMG][​IMG]

Penn State has the home field advantage and the magic of the whiteout on their side! This team is more experienced than last year and has a defense that is one of the best in the country. They are led by QB Matt McGloin who is looking to redeem himself after last season's bowl defeat to Florida. All American WR Derek Moye will be the go to target, and receiving teammates Justin Brown and Devon Smith each bring different attributes that will help this offense. After losing Evan Royster, they will be lifted by the skill of Silas Redd.​

Alabama has some new talent on both sides of the ball including losing QB Greg Mcelroy and HB Mark Ingram to the NFL. However, filling in for Ingram is the same HB that ran through PSU last season and that is Heisman hopeful Trent Richardson. Nick Saban leads a great program that usually produces a solid defense.​

Only one team can come out on top....​

My Pick​

[​IMG]

Penn State Nittany Lions

• Like Like x 4
  2. BG

BG On The Rize!

Nice Job Folk!! How did I know you were going to pick Penn St., LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Just couldn't go against them my man...