Saturday Heroes Mid Season Presser Year 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Saturday Heroes Mid Season Presser Year 3

[​IMG]

Response needed by all coaches in this thread.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Team Offensive MVP

Team Defensive MVP

Biggest surprise (player, stat, unit, etc.)

Biggest Disappointment (Player, loss, unit, etc.)

Most memorable event

Outlook for remainder of the season

Top Recruit(s)

Mid Season vote for SH Coach of the Year

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida Gators

Team Offensive MVP - Chris Dunkley WR

Team Defensive MVP - Jelani Jenkins LB

Biggest surprise (player, stat, unit, etc.) - THe play of freshman LB Kevin Gibbs who is battling to be the leading tackler for the Gators.

Biggest Disappointment (Player, loss, unit, etc.) The Kentucky loss, just couldnt manage to string together enough consistency to win.

Most memorable event - The overtime loss to LSU. hat was a well played football game by both teams and somebody had to lose.

Outlook for remainder of the season - Ruin whoever's season we have left on the schedule.

Top Recruit(s)
    • ":5stars: Jason Simmons - Looks too good to be true for Diddy. A+ speed dipped with A acceleration equals pick six if he can get his hands on the ball. Notice I said if. Simmons has been talking a lot about being able to make the big plays for Urban Meyer yet his doubters say he has stones for hands. What he lacks in the catching department he sure makes up for in his coverage skills. Simmons is also smart at recognizing the play calls which should help him immensely. Did I mention he is 6'2? " CA's Recruiting Insider.

Mid Season vote for SH Coach of the Year Frisk, I think he is fighting hard with all the freshman starters, pulling off some nice wins.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Team Offensive MVP: Morgan Newton and Donald Russell

Team Defensive MVP: Qua Huzzie

Biggest surprise (player, stat, unit, etc.): Defense in user games but besides that nothing really stands out

Biggest Disappointment (Player, loss, unit, etc.): Donald Russell going down this week v. Miss St

Most memorable event: Texas and Florida wins

Outlook for remainder of the season: Birth into the SEC Championship game, win out until week 14, play a tough Penn State team.

Top Recruit(s): NONE

Mid Season vote for SH Coach of the Year: Frisky

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Team Offensive MVP

QB Gilbert, outside of the Kentucky game when he was very erratic he has been great. Now he is out for four weeks, Soph WR Davis has been outstanding.

Team Defensive MVP

FS Arrington or our freshman SS Sanders. Tevin Jackson OLB has made a huge difference after replacing Senior OLB Roberson who was underwhelming.

The running game was has been ok, we expected it to be dominant. The loss of the Freshman TB Watkins is a killer.

Lack of pass rush from what should be dominant DEs, lack of man to man coverage from our DBs. The loss to Kentucky, again with the fumbles and dropped picks.

Most memorable event

The late TD from WR Davis to win the game vs Mizzou.

We need to win out and try to stay in the top five. I think we are good enough to win a BCS Championship we just need some bounces.

Top Recruit(s)

TE Cannon, he will be moved to FB this offseason and will redshirt. Bob Duncan WR has a chance to be special.

Knoles, what he has done and does with Kentucky is very impressive. I would also give a nod to Cimmy at PSU, he is having a nice season as well.​

7. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

The Ohio State Buckeyes

Team Offensive MVP - Mark Robertson QB

Team Defensive MVP - Jordan Whiting MLB

Biggest surprise (player, stat, unit, etc.) - Freshman WR Joey Wilkerson. Wilkerson was the top rated recruit in the country last season, but we didn't expect him to be our best receiver this early.

Biggest Disappointment (Player, loss, unit, etc.) Running Back Jordan Hall has not played as expected. Some of it is due to injury but through week 9, he only has 300 yards rushing on 71 carries.

Most memorable event - James Louis trying to field punts in the Penn State game!

Outlook for remainder of the season - Continue to get better for next season. We will have almost our entire starting defense and offense returning.

Top Recruit(s)
    • ":5stars: G - Will Reyes - Reyes will be a nice addition to our offensive line. We have made a conscience effort over the last two years to recruit as many lineman as we can.
    Mid Season vote for SH Coach of the Year - It is a tie for me right now - Frisk and Noles. Both users are undefeated with teams that would not be considered "elite" from a talent standpoint.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]

Team Offensive MVP: SR RB Brandon Wegher

Team Defensive MVP: FR SS Carey Stephens

Biggest surprise (player, stat, unit, etc.): The Iowa Freshmen LB Core! Chase Scott and Phillip Robinson!

Biggest Disappointment (Player, loss, unit, etc.): So far the BIGGEST disappointment is the Iowa O line. We spent so much or our time bringing in the toughest and strongest SOB's int he nation, only to get owned play after play. Wegher is having difficulties getting into the open due to the failed assignments of the Hawkeye O line.

Most memorable event: The Hawks most memorable moment is being ahead 21 pts on PSU and having the ball on my 1 yard line. We ran 3 passing plays to try and get some breathing room. Cimmy IM'd me about not running. I knew we were under his skin then.

Outlook for remainder of the season: With games vs Michigan and Ohio State left on the docket, we are going to bust our ass to winout and hopefully play in a national title.

Top Recruit(s): Freshmen QB Chucky Stephens has been incredible. He came into camp as a :4stars:star recruit and the #3 QB in the nation. He won the starting spot over SR QB James Vandenberg and has been so clutch.

Mid Season vote for SH Coach of the Year: This seems to be a trend but Knightnoles is my pick. He is currently #1 and has played incredible with a mediocre team.Good job Knight.

9. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

[​IMG]
    Team Offensive MVP - Zach Lee, no doubt.
    Team Defensive MVP - Kevin Minter leads the team in tackling. Otherwise, Chauncey Aghayere.
    Biggest surprise (player, stat, unit, etc.) - Zach Lee and the performance he has put on this year. 18 touchdowns to 2 interceptions has given us a chance to win every ball game.
    Biggest Disappointment (Player, loss, unit, etc.) - Has to be Jakhari Gore being out for 4 games but now not playing in 2 more after the fact. Also, inability to stop the Kentucky Wildcat passing game.
    Most memorable event - Getting revenge on the Gators after nearly winning last year.
    Outlook for remainder of the season - We are still in the running to represent the West in the SEC CCG and have a shot at the National Title if we can get to the CCG and win.
    Top Recruit(s) - I would have to say the top guy we nabbed so far is :5stars: HB Cody Brewer who should be a star in the future.
    Mid Season vote for SH Coach of the Year - Either Frisk over at Iowa or Knight at Kentucky.

10. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Team Offensive MVP - Dontreyvou Robinson - Nebraska's Iron Horse!

Team Defensive MVP - Will Compton - Came back from last year to kick some dudes in the dick!

Biggest surprise (player, stat, unit, etc.) The Big Red Rushing Duo - D. Robinson and Braylon Heard - these two guys have allowed us to dominate the ground game. Also the Nebraska Rushing Defense, After being blasted by Michigan, no one has rushed for more than 100 yards on NU. Cody Green - Hes really stepped up and allowed us to win games by making good choices on the field.

Biggest Disappointment (Player, loss, unit, etc.) T-Mart out for 5 Weeks. Passing Defense, I couldnt stop Bruce's kid's team from passing on me. Two OOC losses to the homos in the Big11. Nikki Knight's lameness.

Most memorable event - Stomping hack for 1 half, then letting him come back and tie the game, then kicking the fg to win it, after taking all 3:30 off the clock with the ground game.

Outlook for remainder of the season - Beat Texas! Win the Big 12 and play in a major bowl. finish the season 12-2

Top Recruit(s) :5stars: ATH - I dont know his name atm the but I got a :5stars: thats the best!

Mid Season vote for SH Coach of the Year - Markus Freeski! He's punked some bitches(myself included) this season with the PASSING GAME?!??! WTF! thats impressive. :thumbsup:

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Team Offensive MVP
    Offensive MVP would have to be HB Curtis Dukes. Dukes has 753 yards rushing and 14 TDs thus far. WRs Justin Brown and Curtis Drake have also been assets to this offense. Both with 5 TDs between them. Brown is averaging 31 yards per reception on 11 catches this season.

Team Defensive MVP
    Defensive MVP has to go to LE Sean Stanley. Stanley leads the country with 10 sacks this season. Honorable mention, OLB Mike Hull has led our linebacking corps with 47 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF, and a safety.

Biggest surprise for me is LE Stanley leading this defense. I was looking at LB Fortt to be the defensive leader, but Stanley's speed and block shredding ability is unbelievable.

Our turnover differential. We are -1, 2nd worst in the Big10 ahead of Michigan. We have given the ball away 15 total times. 9 interceptions and 6 fumbles. I believe 6 of those turnovers came in the loss to Iowa. 7 interceptions thrown by our starter Newsome, who only has 4 passing TDs. Also, the loss to Mizzou was extremely disappointing.

Most memorable event
    Finally beating Ohio State.

Trying to get into a decent bowl game, maybe even a BCS game. We are 9th in the BCS standings. Michigan just beat Iowa, so the Hawkeyes will fall, probably not too far, but hopefully behind us. Ohio State and Michigan still need to play so that should take care of another Big10 BCS bid. Our biggest focus, trying to upset Kentucky at the end of the season. The way our defense has played and our turnovers need to change in order for that to happen.

Top Recruit(s)
    We have done well so far trying to make a name for ourselves in recruiting, although we still have a long way to go. :5stars: FS Arnold Frye was a huge commit for Penn State and he could make a big impact for our team. :5stars: WR George Simmons is going to help us out a ton and could see pretty immediate action. Penn State is extremely excited to have just gotten the word from :4stars: MLB Brian Washington. We were in need of a MLB and Washington has the skill set we are looking for at Linebacker U.

I would have to say Kentucky coach KnightNoles for doing a lot with a little and getting to the top.

12. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

[​IMG]

Team Offensive MVP: JR QB James Franklin

Team Defensive MVP: FR MLB Scott Joseph

Biggest surprise (player, stat, unit, etc.): Franklin.. Had less than 10 snaps in the first two seasons playing behind Gabbert and has really filled the shoes well.

Biggest Disappointment (Player, loss, unit, etc.): The secondary.. We have lost the last 3 games in a row in the last 30 seconds thanks to the secondary giving up the big play. If we don't learn how to stop the pass, we may not win another game in the Big XII.

Most memorable event: Scoring 28 unanswered points against Texas to come back from a 21 point defecit. We still ended up losing the game by 4, but by far the most exciting/exhausting game I have ever been in.

Outlook for remainder of the season: Grim.. No chance at winning the Big XII North with a 1-4 conference record. Need to take the rest of the season trying to figure out why the pass defense is so flawed, and start figuring out who will step it up next year.

Top Recruit(s): :4stars: DT Kevin Moore -- This is the second big DT recruit I have pulled in in 2 years. My secondary may still be filled with a bunch of holes, but my LBs and DLine are starting to shape up to be a solid unit. As long as I can keep pressure on the QB, I can disguise the poor secondary some.

Mid Season vote for SH Coach of the Year: Knight.. This might finally be his year!

13. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Team Offensive MVP
    Roy Roundtree-he has been a game-breaker and earned the fabled #1 jersey to finish out his career in Ann Arbor.

Team Defensive MVP
    Jibreel Black-the Defensive End has been a disruptive force coming off of the edge for 5 sacks, 12 tackles for loss, and forced 1 fumble.

Fitzgerald Toussaint is leading the team in rushing and rushing touchdowns. The redshirt junior has outperformed senior Vincent Smith who has managed to stay healthy for the first time since 2010.

Vincent Smith-more was expected of him at the end of his injury-plagued career, but he has taken a backseat to Toussaint.
    Devin Gardner-his 9 interceptions continue to be a concern for the coaches with big games against Florida in the Big House and Ohio State in the Horsehoe looming.

Most memorable event
    Traveling to Lincoln to play new Big Ten foe Nebraska and leaving the Sea of Red with a W.

Sky is the limit. With everything to play for, the Wolverines control their own destiny and Michigan looks good, only having given up more than 7 points way back in Week 4 against Notre Dame.

Top Recruit(s)
    5-star Running Back Trey Lewis-6'1" 194-pound back from Harrison, MI picked Michigan over Nebraska in a tight battle. With the graduation of Smith and possible early departure of Toussaint, Lewis could be thrown in the deep end next year.

KnightNoles-leading his Miracle 'Cats to the top of the Polls is an impressive feat.

14. BG

BG On The Rize!

I'm also trying to catch up!

15. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Team Offensive MVP - Easy, RG3. Although he has had more incompletions, he has thrown less interceptions. I can live with less turnovers.

Team Defensive MVP - Prince Kent - he has finally stepped up and is leading the way on this defense. He has been making plays and forcing turnovers.

Biggest surprise (player, stat, unit, etc.) - Ahmad Dixon - for a guy that is put in spot situations on defense, he has really stepped it up this year. He is playing in the shadow of Kent and Denerick Denby at the safety positions, but has made his presence known on the field.

Biggest Disappointment (Player, loss, unit, etc.) - Stopping the run. Although not really a disappointment as I knew my front 4 was not great, I still thought I could do better than I am.

Most memorable event - Winning my first user game (sorry Hack). It inspired me to go out and get smacked around by Nebraska the very next week.

Outlook for remainder of the season - Solid. After taking down #9 TAMU, the road went to Lubbock. We made it through there, but injuries hurt us. Two biggest games remaining are Oklahoma and Alabama. If I win out, I will be in good shape.

Top Recruit(s) - My first three just signed, so I will answer after I evaluate my new signees.

Mid Season vote for SH Coach of the Year - Frisk, so young, yet very potent team

16. BG

BG On The Rize!

The Alabama Crimson Tide

Team Offensive MVP: This would have to be split between QB. A.J. McCarron and RB Eddie Lacy. McCarron has thrown for 2803yds and 24 td passes to just 6 ints. He is currently tied for the FBS lead in td passes and fourth in yards. Eddie Lacy has rushed for 1050yds through 9 games with 26 rushing td's.

Team Defensive MVP: SR LB Tana Patrick is leading the way on defense. In only his first year as a starter, the 6'3 240lb Patrick has tallied 43 solo stops, 16 TFL, and 2 ints.

Biggest surprise (player, stat, unit, etc.)​

Biggest Disappointment (Player, loss, unit, etc.): The defense as a whole (particularly pass coverage). We SUCK!!! Almost last in the country in passing yards allowed, :(

Most memorable event: Held on to beat an Ohio St. team which has two losses and still is #4 in the BCS. That shows you just how good the country think they are!

Outlook for remainder of the season: Try to hold off a good LSU team and make it back to the SEC Championship Game. We also have The Bears to worry about, so we have a lot on our plate to keep us busy for a couple of weeks!

Top Recruit(s) This is probably the best recruiting class Alabama has ever had.:5stars: Mark Bracken: We feel like Mark is not only the top RB in the country but perhaps the best overall player. He brings speed and elusivness to the backfield in Tuscalosa. Look for him to get on the field as a true freshman. Joining him in the backfield is :5stars: RB Justin Patrick and Brian Johnson. Each bring their own unique style of running to the table which makes for a happy coach in Alabama.

Mid Season vote for SH Coach of the Year: Also will have to go with Knight. I had a chance to look at his team. Pretty impressive.........considering! (However, we do want to see first hand just how good, just saying.......)

17. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

damn forever 3 :5stars: RBs? must be nice.. also thanks for taking that :5stars: QB. thats a real kick in the dick you rascally :bunny:

18. BG

BG On The Rize!

My intentions were to sign just two because with my luck, Eddie Lacy will be leaving to go pro this year and my back-ups suck ish, but the latter two signed the same week! Its called the The Ohio State affect! JK! As for the QB, I wanted the other one more, but didn't want to miss out on both, Sorry folk! :D

19. KnightNoles

I will be looking to add some content in the next week over Thanksgiving break? any ideas, anything you all want?

20. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

hmmm there is a lot you could do. I suggest you do what interests you....that will enhance the probability of you wanting to continuing it.

21. KnightNoles

I'm open for some ideas