Saturday Heroes (S5) Update Special

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]
    Season 5 Late Update
    With the Saturday Heroes rounding the corner of the final stretch of the season, it is time to take a look at how the 5th installment of TSO's Premier NCAA Football League has progressed thus far. We have seen one of our fastest seasons yet, as our advance rate seems to average about 35 hours. Season 5 has also provided the emergence of BobJr. Bob came in last year and this year has shaken off the "rookie" stripe and come to his own and is competing on par with the other 11 original Heroes.​
    With the kickoff of week 11, the BCS picture is becoming finalized and the race to the National Championship game is one of the most competitive so far. The top 7 teams are all undefeated and within .034 points. The top 5 of the BCS are all Heroes. With only a few weeks remaining, the last games are the most important in deciding this years National Championship competitors.​
    [​IMG]
    Michigan Wolverines (8-0)
    ~Michigan has consistently been on the top of the standings throughout the entire season. The Wolverines season started off with a monster win against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 34-3 in South Bend. One week later, Michigan hosted the Southern Cal Trojans and won by a hair, 17-16, mainly due to a 14 points 4th quarter rally by the Wolverines. Other big wins for UM include a 7 point win over the Nittany Lions in Happy Valley, and a 31-14 beating of the Hawkeyes. Michigan still has two games left in the season that can make or break them. They still need to travel to Columbus to face hated rival Ohio State, and finish the season in Ann Arbor against the Crimson Tide of Alabama.​
    [​IMG]
    Alabama Crimson Tide (8-0)
    ~Like Michigan, Alabama was a consistent threat at the top of the standings all season. The Tide's season has been purely dominate, beating every opponent by an average of 29 points. The closest being a 4 point victory over the Wildcats of Kentucky in week 6. In the beginning of the season, Alabama took care of the Iowa Hawkeyes 36-14 in Tuscaloosa. Alabama still has a lot of football to play this season. This week the Crimson Tide travel to Baton Rouge to face LSU in a game that has a lot on the line for both programs. Alabama also is yet to face Auburn and a trip to Ann Arbor to take on Michigan, as well as a possible SEC Conference Championship appearance.​
    [​IMG]
    Florida Gators (9-0)
    ~The Gators have had an amazing season, and are staring a possible SEC Championship and National Championship in the eyes. The Gators opened the season by beating in-state rival Miami 19-14 and followed that up with a 24-21 win over the Iowa Hawkeyes in Gainsville. Week 4 the Gators took care of the Kentucky Wildcats and in week 6, dumped LSU, giving the Tigers their only loss on the season. Florida has a few remaining games that will make a difference. The Gators will need to travel to Waco to face the Baylor Bears, and finish the season in the swamp against the Seminoles. Florida also has a good shot at making it to the SEC Championship game to decide their fate.​
    [​IMG]
    Ohio State Buckeyes (9-0)
    ~The Buckeyes have had quite the season and find themselves once again looking to win the Big10 and a Nationaly Chamionship. They have found success this season with wins over Baylor, 27-24, Penn State, 21-14, and clawed their way to a 30-27 win over Iowa. Ohio State has the easiest road left to travel with only one factor game, THE game against Michigan to decide the Big10 Champion. A win, and the Buckeyes could be playing for their 3rd National Championship of this release.​
    [​IMG]
    Texas A&M Aggies (9-0)
    ~The Aggies have been a surprise this season and are prime to have their best season this release with Coach Hack at the realm. The Aggies have rolled over rival Arkansas, 22-15, defeated a Coach-less Nittany Lions, 24-7, and took down Mizzou 27-17. The biggest win for A&M by far has been a school yard beating of the Baylor Bears 55-21. TAMU still has some important games left in their magical season, including this week against the Cornhuskers of Nebraska, the TCU Horned Frogs, and the finale against the hated Longhorns. TAMU still has the obstacle of the BigXII Championship game if they get there. The Aggies by far have the toughest road to travel, but a BCS Championship appearance with the remaining schedule could grant a gift to an amazing season for the Aggies.​
    Looking at the games remaining and the current standings, I see a Big10 v SEC Championship game. I think Ohio State has what it takes to beat Michigan, and the Florida Gators are the team on the move in the SEC. They have already beaten LSU, and could likely do it again in the conference championship game. One thing is for sure, it is going to be one wild finish to season 5 of Saturday Heroes.​

2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Nice job Cimmy. Should be a fun finish to the season. I just don't see us being able to run the table with what we have right now. We're talented, but we're young and need to grow and get a little better. The trip to "The Shoe" is gonna be a monster and if we survive that, we barely got by Bama in the Title Game last year with a much better squad. My team has already surprised me this season, so I'm not counting us out, but it'll be tough.

3. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Nice job, cimmy!

One clarification - the bucks could be playing for their 3rd national championship this release! :)

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I try to forget one of them thanks

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I hate you...

Jk RY

And Great Job Cimmy

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

good job cimmy we are in the sec game 8-0 reg season in the sec.